Scottish Premiership Game 27: Kilmarnock (H) 17/02/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Typo there...although 'pish' is probably more descriptive than 'push'! So I'll leave it in.

Am no arguing with you. I just didnt think it was a back 4. To me it just like a total clusterfuck of players moving around positions and trying to get the ball forward. All very well if you have the right players on the park.

I dont think you can judge Steve Clarke based on a bit of a season but he is definitely getting results from a generally poor group of players.

Jordan Jones is Don Thomas - the odd trick but no end product. His main role yesterday was to receive out balls humped up the park which was ultimately effective in breaking up Motherwell pressure - credit to Clarkes tactics.

If Killie had had Eliot Frear in their side Boyd would have had a hat trick.

Poor players

For anybody too say Clarke is a better manager based on today is just nonsense,we were in total control of the game and had we had a rub of the green we would have won quite comfortably,it was just one of those games that come along every so often that no matter what we did we weren't destined too get anything from.as for Clarke if that's the best killie can muster,thank fuck he wasnt anywhere near the Scotland job.

Haha total control? Deary me.

Am no arguing with you. I just didnt think it was a back 4. To me it just like a total clusterfuck of players moving around positions and trying to get the ball forward. All very well if you have the right players on the park.

We definitely had a plan B, which we saw that's all I'm saying. Most definitely went to a back 4. Sitting a handful of rows behind the dugout I heard and saw them rearrange it too. The fact it really didn't change it or was poorly executed with the players at disposal is a different story. Hence my 'pish' comment - in reference to the performance for the avoidance of doubt.

What was that then ?

I find it amazing that folks come on here pontificating about the managers tactics and lack of a plan b, when they don't even realise/understand that in the game they are watching and commenting on we did change formation as Superward quite correctly pointed out.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

So out of who was available who else would you have had on the park?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Yesterday was my first time seeing the new guys. Aldred looked solid at the back, Ciftci didnt do all that much but his link up play in the first half to put Cadden in twice was tremendous so hes worth sticking with, Main worked hard and was unlucky not to score with the curled effort towards the back post in the second half.

I thought we were the better team and were unlucky not to get two penalties. We will play worse and win.

It's been an interesting read post game and actually reflects the discussion I was having with my old man on the way down the round.

Half of us are absolutely disgusted and dissapointed with the result, the tactics, the performance and see a tough bottom 6 end of the season.

The other half saw a promising enough performance, with question marks, against the most inform team in the league and left not too down about things.

Different strokes for different folks!

We have plenty of luck but the problem is that most of it bad. In our last two games we've "enjoyed" pretty poor luck but still managed to win one. This has been some season for poor penalty calls though. They just keep coming don't they?

O.G against Accies and O.G. against Dundee were lucky (and important).

Yes and no

We have had 3 own goals conceded for us this year inc the comical one in the cup game v Accies which set us up for victory. Could have had 4 if Broadfoot had gone in instead of hitting the post. These own goals are down to the pressure we are applying but also down to some good fortune.

I was p1ssed off yesterday for the 1st time in a while. I dont like it but I can almost accept when a team comes to Fir Park and plays better and deserves the 3 points. That was not what happened yesterday. Killie were great in defence and decent in midfield but there was only one team with concerted pressure or most of the match and that was us. Poor decision making and final ball was to blame but we never really got any break of the ball. Very rare when you have 30 crosses into the box for us not to get a slice of luck.

Also can you imagine the same penalty incident of Ciftci v say Celtic and Dembele with Craig Thompson refereeing. I think we know what the outcome would have been.

Worried a little we may slip back into the battle against the drop. Hard to see Partick, Hamilton, St Johnstone and Ross C all going on good enough runs to trouble us. That and Dundee also play the Old firm, Aberdeen and Hearts before the split. But if we lose next week at Dens it could get a bit messy.

Anyway I would take another Cup semi over top 6 - make it so Motherwell.

I know this tends to get repeated quite a bit but there is no way this team are poor enough to see us relegated.

Thought the first half was one of the better ones this season.

Really enjoyed it despite going in losing. Second half we had all the pressure but never really troubled the Killie defence.

Thing that annoys me is that for three games in a row we have had teams who have no intention of playing football but seem intent on wasting time and looking for free kicks. As already said Malumbos contribution yesterday was to pick up the ball at every free kick and walk away with it.

What is the point of booking a keeper in the 93rd minute for time wasting ??? He should be booked after 50 minutes and that would be the end of it.

• Like 2

It's more about getting a decent full length picture of the strip. The plan is to get home and away pics for all the teams.

Ah that's explains it. Fwiw I'm very envious of your stats spreadsheet. I've attempted to do the same thing several times and gave up by mid-August every time.

Thing that annoys me is that for three games in a row we have had teams who have no intention of playing football but seem intent on wasting time and looking for free kicks. As already said Malumbos contribution yesterday was to pick up the ball at every free kick and walk away with it.

What is the point of booking a keeper in the 93rd minute for time wasting ??? He should be booked after 50 minutes and that would be the end of it.

Timewasting does seem to be appearing more and more nowadays.Killie, Accies and Thistle are the biggest culprits.

But if refs dont crack down on it then they will continue to do it.

• Like 2

Timewasting does seem to be appearing more and more nowadays.Killie, Accies and Thistle are the biggest culprits.

But if refs dont crack down on it then they will continue to do it.

Refs having been clamping down dont you know.

They have been pointing to their watches..... McLean was fly as fuck yesterday. Waited until 93rd min to book McDonald who was wasting time from the 35th.

Allows himself the right to say he tried and punished an offender.

• Like 2