Amalgamation

Hope Springs

Equally as good or as poor a case in the East I'd say.  Dundee & Dundee United and Hearts & Hibs are two examples.  There's also 3 senior clubs in Falkirk.   The whole would be less than the sum of its parts as Goggles & Flippers suggests in the case of the forced marriage in Inverness.

Its not how football works. 

In the West we are deeper in the shadow of the OF. Although it is natural emotionally to hold allegiance with a local team, the life of Scottish provincial clubs is being squeezed incessantly by the Glasgow giants. Rodgers now has the temerity to comment on every other club’s business and on whether Scotland should be playing friendlies.

Nor is Scottish football working and that’s largely down to the stranglehold the OF have on Scottish football’s finances. Only a large club/business can wrest some of that control back, hence should we not at least contemplate an amalgamation?

Not unless the new team is called motherwell football club, plays at fir park and wears claret and amber.

Editing to add this, if motherwell were to vanish tomorrow, I would probably lay off football for a while but inevitably end up following one of the other Lanarkshire teams, simply due to my firm stance on supporting your local team. So my reason isn't because I dislike any of the other clubs, it' because I support Motherwell. 

Another edit. I would also point out that the other Lanarkshire clubs don't bring in much more that 1k home support on average, many fans of each club would drop off and refuse to follow the new club, probably leaving a club the exact same size as Motherwell. Worth it? No. (For Motherwell at least). 

Absolutely not.

If Motherwell FC ceased to exist I would be lost to the club game. I simply have no interest in following any other club.

I live in Ayrshire now and I will always have a soft spot for Ayr and Killie but I dont have the emotional investment in them required to follow your team through thick and thin.

I might go to the odd game but Id more likely find something else to do with my time and concentrate on following the national team.

22 hours ago, Hope Springs said:

In the West we are deeper in the shadow of the OF. Although it is natural emotionally to hold allegiance with a local team, the life of Scottish provincial clubs is being squeezed incessantly by the Glasgow giants. Rodgers now has the temerity to comment on every other club’s business and on whether Scotland should be playing friendlies.

Nor is Scottish football working and that’s largely down to the stranglehold the OF have on Scottish football’s finances. Only a large club/business can wrest some of that control back, hence should we not at least contemplate an amalgamation?

You're at it

• Like 1

18 hours ago, smiddy said:

mind n put bricks in yir pockets,its the most windyist park iv ever had the honour of playin shite on ,due to the slight breeze comeing from tinto hill 

Don't be ridiculous. You never get a SLIGHT breeze coming off Tinto. From one lives at the foot of it. I'll give you it might be slight by the time it takes to reach Carluke.  

• Haha 1