‘Well fans who have played for the team

Gadgey

On 2/22/2018 at 9:33 AM, steelman1991 said:

Gary Mac seems to divide opinion with those who went to school with him - some claim he was a 'blue-nose' others that he bled 'Claret & Amber' - he does pledge his allegiance to Motherwell when appearing as a pundit

Have seen him at a few away matches in with the fans.

On 22/02/2018 at 9:33 AM, steelman1991 said:

Sorry to burst your dad's bubble, but McClair (from Airdrie) was a 'Hoops' fan through and through.

Aye, I always thought he was talking pish on that one lol

Again, could be miles out but i seem to remember (maybe Aberdeen quarter final) the camera panning in Gary Mac’s brother sitting in the main stand and Gary talking about him being a diehard.

• Like 1

Prior to the league cup final in November, Tommy Coyne, along with his two sons, were eating in the same restaurant as us.  I assumed they were going to the game. Started a conversation at our table about who he would be supporting. I would like to thing that he is a Well fan but I think that may be wishful thinking. Heart said Motherwell, head Celtic.

Felt it would be inappropriate to ask him. Does anybody know?

1 hour ago, star sail said:

Prior to the league cup final in November, Tommy Coyne, along with his two sons, were eating in the same restaurant as us.  I assumed they were going to the game. Started a conversation at our table about who he would be supporting. I would like to thing that he is a Well fan but I think that may be wishful thinking. Heart said Motherwell, head Celtic.

Felt it would be inappropriate to ask him. Does anybody know?

I believe he was a Celtic man, but I have also seen him take in a few 'Well games over the years with  the most recent against Hamilton at Douglas Park, certainly enjoyed the goals with his family. 

On 2/23/2018 at 2:06 AM, superwell87 said:

I'm certain former player and coach Cammy Murray was a 'well fan. 

100% he was my PE teacher at Lanark Grammar and I had a few conversations with him about Motherwell.

Also another former Grammar school boy Keith MacRae is also a Well fan. He was born in Carnwath where my gran was brought up.

On 2/24/2018 at 10:45 AM, underboyleheating said:

100% he was my PE teacher at Lanark Grammar and I had a few conversations with him about Motherwell.

Also another former Grammar school boy Keith MacRae is also a Well fan. He was born in Carnwath where my gran was brought up.

He was my  PE for a couple of years at LGS too.  Always seemed to enjoy talking about his time at the 'Well.