Scottish Premiership Game 29 : Aberdeen (H) 03/04/18 19:45

ECOSSE1991

That's got me out of taking my life in my hands by shouting abuse at Kipre for being a big Jessie by wearing gloves!

My trains are off and I had to walk to work as I couldn't get the car out the street so I doubt I would have made it- if it had been on the crowd would have been tiny.

I see the title of the topic has been changed to say postponed because of a frozen pitch. Is that actually the case?

Obviously we're geared up for it here, but it's funny watching the "Snowmageddon" panic across the media. Of course, there is always a bigger panic when the white stuff arrives in the South East.

We had more snow than that the weekend before last with barely a blip on roads, buses and trains. And in late December we had 2 full weeks where the high temperature didn't crawl above -12C. (And I'll bet Haggis had it worse out in Chicago).

Glad they made the early decision on the games, though. Just hope the Hearts game makes it.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 29 : Aberdeen (H) 03/04/18 19:45
  • 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ropy said:

Only need an 8 goal swing and there are 3 games involved including  the Hearts game with Aberdeen, a 2-0 and 3-0 in favour of the 'Well and. 3-0 defeat for the Jam Tarts, sorted.

Good job it's the 1st April or some people on here might get carried away 

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 33 :Aberdeen (H) 03/04/18 19:45
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic

Nah, top 6 is gone for me. 

I'd like to see a couple of fresh faces in for this one. Don't want to give too much away ahead of the semi final. 

Carson

Kiprè  Aldred  Dunne 

Cadden Bigi McHugh Turnbull Hendrie 

Main  Ciftci (if fit)

Motherwell 1-1 Aberdeen 

• Like 1

Full focus on Hampden. I’d be inclined to rest the likes of Campbell and anyone else carrying a knock. Given that at least one of Bigi and Grimshaw will surely start the semi, both need to play on Tuesday. 

I wouldn’t be averse to keeping Main under wraps either with a view to playing our semi team at Perth on Saturday. 

4 hours ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Full focus on Hampden. I’d be inclined to rest the likes of Campbell and anyone else carrying a knock. Given that at least one of Bigi and Grimshaw will surely start the semi, both need to play on Tuesday. 

I wouldn’t be averse to keeping Main under wraps either with a view to playing our semi team at Perth on Saturday. 

Got to agree with Dosser no need to take any chances give some game time to the youngsters on Tuesday and rest our key players 

It’s not mathematically impossible for us to make the top 6, but more importantly we’re not automatically safe from the play off either (there’s probably not a combination of results that could see us finish bottom, although Thistle or Ross County could independently catch us I don’t think they both can without Dundee being relegated?????)

Anyway, there’s 3 points up for grabs on Tuesday night, and while we don’t want to show all our cards ahead of the semi, we are 5-1 up on aggregate v Aberdeen for the season and have absolutely nothing to fear! We’ve played them off the park in 2/3 games and lost a scrappy game 1-0, the 2nd in a double header...

I’ll be looking for 3 points a couple of goals on Hearts and a psychological boost ahead of the semi. 

I’d settle for a draw though. :lol:

6 hours ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Thats a good point i hadnt considered. This Aberdeen team have no experience of Main. The big man was a real problem for both Celtic and Rangers defences. Obviously they have saw him play but the team have not felt him play.

Do we really need to give them a practice run before the semi?

1 hour ago, 2/6 tae get in said:

We need a home win every home game, that's what has stopped us being comfortably in the top  six. Nae draws for me under any circumstances .COYW

Our away form is significantly worse than our home form. If anything has stopped us from being comfortably in the top 6 it's that.

We've lost 5 of 16 at home (Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, Accies and Killie). We've lost 9 of 15 away (including St Johnstone, County, Thistle, Accies).

We've taken 23 points at home (which is the same as Rangers have at Ibrox) but our away record is the equivalent of Dundee's (14 points).

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=scotland

The story I heard is that you're not allowed to broadcast live domestic football when there are Champions League games being played.

The English don't care about that, however, and just pay the fines to UEFA. Not sure if it's Sky/BT that cover it or the FA/EPL pay it from their revenues, but either way, they I'm sure they make it all back.

44 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The story I heard is that you're not allowed to broadcast live domestic football when there are Champions League games being played.

The English don't care about that, however, and just pay the fines to UEFA. Not sure if it's Sky/BT that cover it or the FA/EPL pay it from their revenues, but either way, they I'm sure they make it all back.

I think that’s nearly all correct, but I think this game would be allowed to be on as it is a rescheduled match which I believe is an exception, but think it was BT who had it originally and they’ve got champions league, so aren’t going to put our game on aswell.