Scottish Premiership Game 30 :Hamilton (A) 10/03/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

56 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I'm still amazed that any 'Well manager in recent times has thought we can play with just one up top. 

Madness. 

Absolutely.  Certainly a very cautious line up today which seems a bit toothless up front.  Didn't make it so will be interested in the views of those who did.   The stark scoreline suggests that we were well beaten but that might be misleading.

Absolute fucking keech. No other way to put it.

Accies had several players out, haven’t won in ages and we start with 1 upfront and don’t change it until into the second half?

Could’ve virtually secured our safety with a win today and now could be struggling to get any points before the split.

To change a system/line up to counteract an inferior team is a disgraceful way to approach a game like this.

I'd have been less surprised if he'd taken that approach against Hearts, but to change the system for accies defies belief.

What a shambles today.

From the standing in the pishing rain for 30 minutes despite buying a ticket in advance.  To the performance and over zealous policing.

It's a wonder folk actually still attend games. In no other sport or entertainment venue would people be treated like that. Appreciate the majority of the problems are on Accies and the Police but we need the board to stand up against this sort of thing. After all we are fan owned.

On the park the selection was all wrong. I don't agree with Robbo's comments about starting with two up front.. Tanner is not a striker.  We should have went with Main and Bowman from the start. The longer time goes on I'm not sure Nadir merits being ahead of Bowman in the pecking order.

Regardless of the above we showed no composure on the ball today at all. We all know NDP has never seen a game of football in it's history but you can still pass the ball. Hoofing it up we offered zero threat and Accies were lapping it up.

Very few pass marks and I think the boys didn't look up for it at all. Chrissy Cadden in particular looks like he would maybe benefit from a week out the team.

With two games against the Old Firm on the horizon I think Top 6 is out with our reach. Thankfully we still have the cup to look forward to!

Without a doubt our worst performance this season.

We looked off the pace right from the start, ponderous, lack of control, wrong choices, overhit passes, underhit passes, wrong shape, you name it, nothing.

Any team can have a bad day but the thing that really disappointed and surprised me was being outfought and then at the end outplayed. That is something I would not have believed of this group.

One of the very few games I have left before the end. It was looking more likely to be 3-0 than anything else.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Still waiting to see us win a league match since the last trip to Hamilton back in October.

We were atrocious today.  We have very little creativity in the team so when one or two players have an off day we are struggling badly to get goals.  Tanner had a stinker and with every week that goes past Chris Cadden looks more and more ordinary.  He was dreadful today and should have been hooked. There is no width in the team at all.   I don't think Frear is a world beater by any means but we were crying out for him today.

Playing one up front was madness from the start but Ciftci has been a dud and the team selection basically spelt that out today.   If we had a half decent striker to play along side Main they probably would have started.

How many times did we give the ball away? Often in important areas which is how Accies got their second goal.

Cup games apart I'm afraid our league campaign has been pretty brutal since October.   Four tough matches coming up and our players will need to step up their game because defeats in these matches will see the teams below us close the gap before going into the bottom 6 split.  I don't think we will be relegated but it still has to potential to get uncomfortable.

'Only' 3 wins will definitely keep us up but it's taken us 16 matches to get the last 3 wins and in one of them we had 1 shot at goal.

Big improvements needed.

Robinson was asked on the radio by the reporter on Radio Clyde why did he play with Main up front himself and said which game were you watching, Tanner was up front with him or least was meant to be, Tanner and Cadden were hilariously bad today!  Quality of crossing from both is pathetic.

Worst game of football I have ever watched in 47 years of watching football ! Tactics were wrong from the start but by fuck is that no one pishy  shitey stadium ! Absolute farce going in getting searched fucken joke 

9 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Robbo also states we weren’t born creative enough. No shit Sherlock, that’s what happens when you drop a striker for a defensive midfielder.

Aye - He started our least creative 11. No idea what he was thinking.  It was McGhee-esque overthinking, trying to out-Accies Accies instead of playing our normal formation and personnel.

• Like 1

There has been much to complement about our team and management this season, but this isn't one of those times. I thought we were way off it on and off the park today.

I understand the thinking that you win the battle and you then impose your game on the opposition but we set ourselves up for a midfield battle that simply never happened and as a consequence the minute they went ahead we were chasing the game with a setup and formation that did not give us  the best chance of remedying the situation.

It was all the more curious a decision when you consider that the formation and line up of recent games was sufficient to win games where we've been on the back foot and the front foot. Why the lack of faith that it could take care of a depleted Hamilton side?

What I would say is that I couldn't fault the team for effort and they kept going until the end.  Nor were exactly under the cosh at any point, they have beaten us through getting a break off  the ball and a defensive balls up. But in terms of us actually attacking we were so lacking in quality, nous and imagination and when openings did come we blew them, such as Cadds dancing along the touchline only to put his cross straight out and Main standing unmarked waiting for a pass from Cadden that never reached him.  That second opportunity was particularly galling given the fuck up that came a couple of minutes that gave Accies their second.

Oddly I find myself not that upset at losing because it was Hamilton and a derby, nor the fact that it kills off any lingering top six hopes, but with St Johnstone and Hamilton gaining ground and some difficult fixtures ahead of the split it leaves that annoying lingering whiff still hanging around that we might get dragged back in.

Over the season this team have accumulated a lot of credit in the bank but that was such a disappointing and lacking display today.  Some reflection from the management team and a harsh word or two required I think.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Aye - He started our least creative 11. No idea what he was thinking.  It was McGhee-esque overthinking, trying to out-Accies Accies instead of playing our normal formation and personnel.

I don't think there was much thought involved he just loves Andy Rose.

Today and St Johnstone away were/are realistically our best chances at 3 points before the split and if we fail to win even 1 our of 4 games before the split, and it’s extremely unlikely we will considering who we’re playing, it means we will have another “December”.

Instead of being well clear of the play offs and relegation if you take 0 points from 5 games, if your opponents have even a meager return in that spell,  we’re looking at being well in the mix post split!

Today was the day, against a depleted and rotten  Accies side to put to bed that lingering notion and we absolutely shat in the nest!!! 

4 minutes ago, milo said:

Today and St Johnstone away were/are realistically our best chances at 3 points before the split and if we fail to win even 1 our of 4 games before the split, and it’s extremely unlikely we will considering who we’re playing, it means we will have another “December”.

Instead of being well clear of the play offs and relegation if you take 0 points from 5 games, if your opponents have even a meager return in that spell,  we’re looking at being well in the mix post split!

Today was the day, against a depleted and rotten  Accies side to put to bed that lingering notion and we absolutely shat in the nest!!! 

Wring your pants out, FFS we are 14 in front of RC at the bottom and 10 clear of Thistle in the playoff spot, so are either of them going to win their next 4 or 5 games and we get nothing, no.

We are 4 behind Hearts in 6th with 4 to play to the split so that place is up for grabs. Even if we do finish bottom 6 we are never going down, For me RC are relegated and I reckon Dundee are in the playoffs

4 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Wring your pants out, FFS we are 14 in front of RC at the bottom and 10 clear of Thistle in the playoff spot, so are either of them going to win their next 4 or 5 games and we get nothing, no.

We are 4 behind Hearts in 6th with 4 to play to the split so that place is up for grabs. Even if we do finish bottom 6 we are never going down, For me RC are relegated and I reckon Dundee are in the playoffs

Quite. Partick are 10 points behind us in 11th. Goal difference is 16 worse than ours so call it 11 points.  They would need to win 4 games out of 9 remaining. So far they've won 6 out of 29. And those four wins would only be enough if we fail to pick up more than a single point. We were poor today but we'll win at least one more league game this season. 

On another matter, Ciftci was poor again today. Still running like he's towing a caravan. Others were as poor but at least seemed to have the energy to get about. I agree Tanner up front didn't work, but I'd have dropped Ciftci anyway, for Bowman rather than Rose...

Pish game. What an awfull stadium standing in a giant puddle in a queue for the loo. Weather awfull oh and one of the worst performances I've seen from a Motherwell team for many a year. The playing surface is just like a 5 a side pitch that hasn't been upgraded for years. Days like this really put people off football. Playing with one up front is a joke too.

Most annoying to be beaten by Panathonaccies' 2nd XI after last week's euphoria.

The only concession I would have made for this potential shitfest would have been to play Main and  Bowman up front with Tanner in behind and let battle commence.

I suppose Robinson is inexperienced as a manager, unlike Clarke, but as long as he learns from this dreadful performance, all may not be lost. I thought we had got The McGhee Tinkerman performances out of our system but this brings back terrible memories.

Trying to match Accies like this is like trying to wrestle a pig:  you end up getting covered in shit but the pig really enjoys it all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dmsd said:

Worst game of football I have ever watched in 47 years of watching football ! Tactics were wrong from the start but by fuck is that no one pishy  shitey stadium ! Absolute farce going in getting searched fucken joke 

• Did anyone from Hamilton Accies inform you that a condition of entry was that you agree to be searched? If not, I'd question if  the Police have the power to search.
  • Scottish Government Stop and Search Guide states - "A police officer can search you before you enter an event such as a football match or a concert, if the event organiser has made it a condition of entry that you agree to being searched. This is to make sure that you don’t have anything on you that could cause harm to other people at the event".
  • In similar vein, what power do the stewards have who stand on Fir Park Street with a number of traffic cones across the street at the end of a game to stop vehicles leaving from behind the O'Donnell stand. They stop a few vehicles yet many more at the same time, including taxis are travelling in both directions on Edward Street and Knowetop Avenue through bigger crowds.

Highlight of the day has got to be the half time entertainment-  40-odd year olds pacing up and down doing their foaming at the mouth swagger practice nonsense and trying to square go 14 year olds who were in another stand surrounded by police and stewards.

Stewards, Police, Accies fans and Well fans all thoroughly pishing themselves laughing at it. Bizarre behaviour.