Fir Park improvements - New scoreboard,PA, East stand roof and more...

Toxteth O'Grady

I agree that a replacement scoreboard is a good thing and will be a real asset to the club and to us the fans.  Presumably it will have the capability of showing colour images and moving images of replays etc but I get the impression that it will be capable of doing far more.  Not being into cutting edge technology can anyone explain to me its wider benefits.

3 minutes ago, real dosser said:

Are we all assuming it will be in the same place as the previous one ?? 

Why not put it in the corner where the end of the main stand should be. That would mean  more folk could see it although it would probably benefit away fans more.

Flow has confirmed the new one will be a located in the same position as the old one. 

Longer term though the plan is to have a big screen in the gap at the end of the Main Stand. 

• 1 month later...

This is interesting

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2018/04/18/motherwell-enter-partnership-with-ticketmaster/

Motherwell enter partnership with Ticketmaster

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Motherwell enter partnership with Ticketmaster

Motherwell Football Club have entered a partnership with Ticketmaster which will see the company become our official ticketing partner.

From the start of the 2018/19 season, Ticketmaster will provide ticketing technology, a fully-branded Motherwell ticketing site, plus a range of services including access control, client and customer support.

In addition, Ticketmaster will also manage ticket allocations for any future Hampden Park events from 2018/19 onwards. 

The agreement will allow supporters to continue to buy match tickets at the stadium as before but also benefit from being able to buy and print in advance online. There will be no booking fees applied for match or season tickets.

Alan Burrows, the club’s chief executive, said of the news: “We are pleased to welcome Ticketmaster as our official ticketing partners.

“We recognised that there was a pressing need for Motherwell FC to modernise how supporters could purchase their tickets, both for attending matches and also season tickets.

“A survey of Well Society members earlier this year told us that 75% believed the current ticketing system at the club was not fit for purpose. Furthermore, 73% told us they would like the ability to buy their tickets either on their computers or using their smartphones.

“Entering this agreement with Ticketmaster allows us to meet the expectations of our fans.

“We will also be modernising how supporters get into Fir Park. We will migrate from the traditional season book to season cards, as well as using electronic scanners handled by our turnstile operators. We will release more information on this in due course but fans shouldn’t experience any drastic difference in how they enter the stadium.”

Information on season ticket pricing for the 2018/19 season will be announced shortly.

Chris Belt, Ticketmaster Sport business development director, added: “We’re delighted to be working with Motherwell FC and to provide them with best-in-class technology and services.

“We look forward to what will undoubtedly be an exciting new season for the club and its fans.” 

Superb news.  

A couple of years ago when this topic came up I brought up the seamless experience I had buying tickets for  baseball in San Francisco on holiday.  That was ticketmaster. Bought a ticket on my phone, showed  the QR code at the gate,  someone scanned it. Easy.

Great step forward. 

8 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Anything involving Ticketmaster generally results in a rip off.

That would be my fear. Coincidentally I was looking on ticketmaster for a ticket to a comedy gig at the weekend. $48 for the ticket and $16 booking fee. 

If we have some sort of control over fees then it's a smart move. If there are going to be 33% add-ons, not so much. 

Just now, alls_well said:

The press release states that there will be no booking fee for match or season tickets.

They won't be doing it for free, though. If the club is absorbing the overhead - or redirecting their budget - then that is better news. 

2 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

I'm up at Fir Park to record a podcast with Grant Russell tonight and I messaged about the fees when I saw the story.  He stressed all monies go directly to the club, there is absolutely no fees. 

We must be paying them something, somehow. They won't be doing it for free. 

21 minutes ago, weeyin said:

They won't be doing it for free, though. If the club is absorbing the overhead - or redirecting their budget - then that is better news. 

From my understanding of it, we've essentially bought the Ticketmaster software rather than actually letting them sell tickets to our games.

• Like 2