Fir Park improvements - New scoreboard,PA, East stand roof and more...

Toxteth O'Grady

12 hours ago, ropy said:

Now that my season ticket has been purchased, the only future tickets will be for away games and Hampden visits, will they be available on-line?

you not coming to Fir Park for cup games in the earlier rounds?

Ps I dont know the answer re - away fixtures :dontknow:

33 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

you not coming to Fir Park for cup games in the earlier rounds?

Ps I dont know the answer re - away fixtures :dontknow:

Given that we will get Celtic in the final it would only be a game against Rangers that would be all ticket, so perhaps you are right

• Haha 1

wasnt even thinking about all ticket matches, (laughed at thought of 4 finals back to back with the sellik!)

just figured or guessed? the change to Access Cards instead of paper tickets would mean a change in culture for those that have season tickets

as we would now 'add' the cup game, as they come about, to our access card to get in without having to PATG so to speak..

maybe ?

13 hours ago, Brazilian said:

wasnt even thinking about all ticket matches, (laughed at thought of 4 finals back to back with the sellik!)

just figured or guessed? the change to Access Cards instead of paper tickets would mean a change in culture for those that have season tickets

as we would now 'add' the cup game, as they come about, to our access card to get in without having to PATG so to speak..

maybe ?

Replacing the current season books with the smart cards would be the next logical step for the club to finally drag itself into the 21st century, it would require investment in systems etc but long term it would probably save cash and offer a better ticketing experience for everybody.

21 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Replacing the current season books with the smart cards would be the next logical step for the club to finally drag itself into the 21st century, it would require investment in systems etc but long term it would probably save cash and offer a better ticketing experience for everybody.

Unless I'm being whooshed that is literally what is happening, no?

“We will also be modernising how supporters get into Fir Park. We will migrate from the traditional season book to season cards, as well as using electronic scanners handled by our turnstile operators. We will release more information on this in due course but fans shouldn’t experience any drastic difference in how they enter the stadium.”

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2018/04/18/motherwell-enter-partnership-with-ticketmaster/

Here's what Flow said about it

We need to replace it every year, Robbie (for a number of factors that’ll take too long to explain on here). By doing so, it helps us keep it in a good condition most of the year. We’re also improving the infrastructure by completely replacing / upgrading the irrigation system.

we’re also removing the white wall in front of the POD and astroturfing that whole area, including dugouts. In addition, we’ll completely replace and improve / upgrade the irrigation system, making it fit for purpose. Pitch will be ‘turned over’, new fibre added then seeded.

Good to hear about all the improvements being planned by the club. Im sure a lot of this has been made possible by our cup runs and the uptake in the Well Society, so it keeps the positivity and feelgood factor going into next season.

I may have missed it, but has an upgrade of the PA system been confirmed?  Couldnt hear a word Robbo was saying yesterday in the Hunter at end of the game. Just another wee thing that would improve the matchday experience.

1 minute ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Good to hear about all the improvements being planned by the club. Im sure a lot of this has been made possible by our cup runs and the uptake in the Well Society, so it keeps the positivity and feelgood factor going into next season.

I may have missed it, but has an upgrade of the PA system been confirmed?  Couldnt hear a word Robbo was saying yesterday in the Hunter at end of the game. Just another wee thing that would improve the matchday experience.

Sorry. Just ignore. Went back to beginning of thread where it says this is part of plan for next season! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9 May 2018 at 10:27 PM, ropy said:

Followed the instructions in the email, registered, purchased my ticket, simple.  I didn't notice an option to select the free juvenile ticket for the Cooper stand, not sure if I missed it or if it will be an option at a later point.

Got the invite for the juvenile ticket through the post today.

• 2 weeks later...

A great and deserved accolade for the hard work and money our club and  staff have invested in our pitch.  They've turned it from one of Scotland's worst to one of its best and the improvement is there for all to see.  

Not surprisingly Accies was rated worst in the top flight and they are replacing theirs this summer, although I'm not sure by what exactly.   Quite shocked really at the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen, who despite having  far larger budgets than us have much poorer pitches due to lack of investment.