Scottish Premiership Game 30 :Celtic (H) 18/03/18 14:15

Yabba's Turd

23 minutes ago, alls_well said:

What was wrong with the initial challenge, can’t see any foul there never mind a card.

From Kipre's point of view nothing.  I have however reviewed my own initial impression of the first tackle and now beleive that Brown's diving in challenge may have been a foul.......for us. 

• Haha 2

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2018/03/22/cedric-kipre-wins-red-card-appeal/

Cédric Kipré wins red card appeal

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Cédric Kipré wins red card appeal

Cédric Kipré has won his appeal against the red card shown to him against Celtic.

A claim of wrongful dismissal was accepted by a judicial panel at Hampden Park on Thursday, overturning the decision and cancelling a resulting two-game suspension.

A yellow card will instead be added to the player’s record for the incident.

Kipré will now be available for selection for Motherwell’s next match at home to Rangers on March 31.

The 21-year-old, who is currently on international duty with Ivory Coast, was initially ruled by referee Craig Thomson to have committed violent conduct in a clash with Scott Brown in Sunday’s 0-0 draw.

The test for violent conduct, according to the laws of the game, is that a player “must either use or attempt to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball.”

The judicial panel ruled that Kipré’s actions did not use excessive force or brutality against his opponent.

“We are pleased that the panel ruled in Cédric’s favour,” manager Stephen Robinson said of the decision. “It is a sensible outcome, something that all parties agree with.

“Cédric is now available for our upcoming games, which are hugely important as we try and reach the top six. We can now draw a line under things and move on.”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoF said:

Red cards are huge in a game and Thomson has now got 40% of them wrong against us this season.

Shouldn't be allowed near the Scottish Cup final, regardless of whether we are in it or not. 

Glad that common sense has prevailed but the damage done last Sunday can't be undone.  I'd say that of Thomson's now infamous 5 red cards, at least 3 were wrong.  An error rate of 60% is not good.   

4 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

Sounds like a huge OG to me - an admittance of guilt before the 'appeal' - or at the least, evidence to back up Thomson's view - strange decision by the club.

......................... or not  :biggrin:

As others have said - common sense has prevailed - not something you get to say about Scottish Football very often.

Club issuing the statement last night probably has something to do with Cedric leaving the country to join up with the Ivory Coast team for their games.

Great news about the red card being rescinded but that means Thomson was wrong and we had to play for more than half a game with 10 men because of his incompetence/bias. Where is the justice in that ??  If Celtic had scored in the second half we would have been robbed of a point with no means of a comeback.

Something needs to done about the standard of refereeing in Scotland and that means all of them going by the  displays I have seen in games involving Motherwell this season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Glad that common sense has prevailed but the damage done last Sunday can't be undone.  I'd say that of Thomson's now infamous 5 red cards, at least 3 were wrong.  An error rate of 60% is not good.   

Yeah, the Charles Dunne and Kipre ones that were rescinded, plus the Kipre One in the cup final are all clearly wrong.

I’d add the Trevor Carson one too. It was a very tight call whether it was in or out the box, I’ve seen pictures that “prove” both, but it’s also debatable whether it was DOGSO, not sure also if intent is a factor in a handball under the new rules?

Im giving him 1 correct, 1 very debatable and 3 wrong .

Could have been worse. Kirpe might just have been booked, then Celtic beat us with a goal in the last 5 minutes.

Regarding the standard of refereeing, I agree it needs to improve, but not sure how you go about that - at least in the short term. There's only a small pool available, so they are all "guaranteed a place in the starting 11" as it were, and can't easily be replaced. It's not like there's a dozen better refs sitting on the bench waiting for their chance.

Could also have been better Kipre scores winner but we will never know . I see better refs at my boys under 17 games than I currently do in our games . It is not small honest mistakes these days it seems refs with attitude is the norm and not saying we are only team to suffer but when a ref has it in for you it’s plainly obvious these days . To me Willie Collum is hopeless but sometimes it’s in your favour and sometimes it’s not have never found him to be pro us or anti us but can’t say that about some others . People who support refs on here obviously don’t go to many games as this season especially they really have been terrible .

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

It's not like there's a dozen better refs sitting on the bench waiting for their chance.

How do you know this?

It's clearly who you know as we can see with Dallas junior being accelerated through the ranks. There are also dicks like Thompson and Collum who are seemingly untouchable but other refs who's faces don't fit  like Stevie Nicholls or Stevie O'Reilly get shafted.

25 minutes ago, don_keyride said:

Can't remember Nicholls but disagree about Stevie O'Reilly' getting shafted. He was absolutely terrible.

Remember an evening game vs Hibs at Fir Park where he totally lost the plot. Awful awful awful.

I can remember him having good and bad games but the incident with Aluko that led to him resigning was ridiculous.

Edit  - I'm thinking of Conroy not O'Reilly.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 30 :Celtic (H) 18/03/18 14:15