Scottish Premiership Game 31 :Rangers (H) 31/03/18 12:30

Yabba's Turd

27 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Hoping Jamie Murphy gets a decent reception. Unlikely I know.

He won't get any kind of  reception from me, good or bad.   I've nothing against him and so I won't barrack him.  By the same token he's a former player who left us to go to another club, which he was quite entitled to do and so I don't feel any great need to welcome him back.  On the day he'll be a respected opponent who will be trying to score against us. 

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Hoping Jamie Murphy gets a decent reception. Unlikely I know.

I'll be booing like a mad boo-er. I just love booing.

Why do you hope he gets a good reception?

Glad to see the back of that international nonsense. Looking forward to this one off the back of our tremendous last outing at Fir Park.

I'd go with exactly the same team and approach as last time. If we play with the same effort and application we will beat them. Rangers record away from home is actually very good but they are still pretty vunerable defensively. I back Bowman and Main to ruffle up their backline.  All we need is for someone to add a bit of quality which we have lacked in the final third at some points this season.

Regardless of the result Top 6 is pretty much gone, despite this I think the players are going to be well up for the next few games with the Cup semi-final coming up. Cliche perhaps but everyone is fighting for places.

I think this will be a harder match than the Celtic match.

Although Celtic usually turn in on in the big games they've actually struggled this season especially in the second half of the season.   They've failed to score 5 times in the league since December, Rangers have only failed to score once in that time. 

Also, while Rangers form at Ibrox has been pretty poor, their away form has been very good.  They have only lost once, at Kilmarnock, since November.  In the last 7 away league matches they have won 6 and drawn 1 (at Celtic Park).

Although we played well against Celtic we couldn't score - the third time in the last four matches we've got 0.  In fact we've struggled to score since Louis Moult left.  6 out of 15 league matches we've failed to score and we've only scored more than once on 3 occasions - and in one of those matches an OG helped out.

Rangers were beating the teams around us in the league (Hamilton 5-2, Hearts 2-0, St. Johnstone 4-1) fairly easily before their momentum was stopped by Celtic and Kilmarnock.  It remains to be seen if Rangers can pick up from where they left off, it could be their confidence has been dented, but since it's difficult to see us scoring more than once I think you are looking at a draw at best.

As for Nick Walsh.  Two matches at Fir Park this season and we've not won either.  0-1 Aberdeen, 1-1 Partick. 

One last wee stat - We've not won at Fir Park on the weekend since the 30th September 2017.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I think this will be a harder match than the Celtic match.

Although Celtic usually turn in on in the big games they've actually struggled this season especially in the second half of the season.   They've failed to score 5 times in the league since December, Rangers have only failed to score once in that time. 

Also, while Rangers form at Ibrox has been pretty poor, their away form has been very good.  They have only lost once, at Kilmarnock, since November.  In the last 7 away league matches they have won 6 and drawn 1 (at Celtic Park).

Although we played well against Celtic we couldn't score - the third time in the last four matches we've got 0.  In fact we've struggled to score since Louis Moult left.  6 out of 15 league matches we've failed to score and we've only scored more than once on 3 occasions - and in one of those matches an OG helped out.

Rangers were beating the teams around us in the league (Hamilton 5-2, Hearts 2-0, St. Johnstone 4-1) fairly easily before their momentum was stopped by Celtic and Kilmarnock.  It remains to be seen if Rangers can pick up from where they left off, it could be their confidence has been dented, but since it's difficult to see us scoring more than once I think you are looking at a draw at best.

As for Nick Walsh.  Two matches at Fir Park this season and we've not won either.  0-1 Aberdeen, 1-1 Partick. 

One last wee stat - We've not won at Fir Park on the weekend since the 30th September 2017.

Other than the cup matches we have won?

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 31 :Rangers (H) 31/03/18 12:30