Scottish Premiership Game 31 :Rangers (H) 31/03/18 12:30

Yabba's Turd

If Campbell fails to make it, personally I wouldn’t take any unnecesary risks, then it will be interesting to see whether Bigi or Grimshaw come nto the midfield. 

The way things are going with injury and suspension, young Turnbull might be in line for some game time come the semi. 

You give the impression at times you're disappointed  with most things of course but I do agree with you in this instance that Liam hasn't really shown too much since he came back to the club.  What I would say is that if Campbell is out and your other favourite midfielder Andy Rose is injured then he's probably the most like-for-like option for the midfield that Robinson generally likes to set up with.

Despite Robinson's claims that we'll go for the top six until it's mathematically impossible to make it I tend to think its done and dusted and in principle between now and the end of the season would prefer to see us try to give players a run out who will be here next season to play a part. 

In terms of tomorrow though I tend to think it will come down to either Bigi or Grimshaw and would suspect he's more likely to opt with the latter to start.

1 minute ago, Andy_P said:

In terms of tomorrow though I tend to think it will come down to either Bigi or Grimshaw and would suspect he's more likely to opt with the latter to start.

It could be both will play Andy as McHugh is also doubtful.  What are we doing in training these days?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Despite Robinson's claims that we'll go for the top six until it's mathematically impossible to make it I tend to think its done and dusted and in principle between now and the end of the season would prefer to see us try to give players a run out who will be here next season to play a part. 

I tend to think it's done and dusted as well but couldn't disagree more we should just give players a run out.

A good day tomorrow could see us 3 points behind Hearts with a game in hand against Aberdeen. We've beaten Aberdeen twice this season so there's a good chance we can pick up 3 points again. 

It's a huge ask, but not outwith the realms of possibility that we'd go into the last game before the split needing to beat St Johnstone at Fir Park with Hearts needing to beat Aberdeen - which they've failed to do so far this season. 

It's still far too tight to chuck in the towel. 

5 minutes ago, CoF said:

I tend to think it's done and dusted as well but couldn't disagree more we should just give players a run out.

A good day tomorrow could see us 3 points behind Hearts with a game in hand against Aberdeen. We've beaten Aberdeen twice this season so there's a good chance we can pick up 3 points again. 

It's a huge ask, but not outwith the realms of possibility that we'd go into the last game before the split needing to beat St Johnstone at Fir Park with Hearts needing to beat Aberdeen - which they've failed to do so far this season. 

It's still far too tight to chuck in the towel. 

Woah... hold up.  Who said anything about chucking in the towel?  There's a bit of a differece between having reservations and chucking in the towel. Happily I've no doubt whatsoever that, as he has stated, Robinson and the team will indeed endeavour to finish as high up the table as they possibly can.

But that doesn't necessarily preclude the use of one or two of the younger players in a game who to see how they handle the situation with a view to greater use next season. 

As already inferred I don't see that happening tomorow anyway with Rose out, Campbell and McHugh doubts and to add to that the U20's game today but I stick by the thought that if as is being speculated by some that Grimshaw, Rose and perhaps Bigi might not be around next season that there is an opportunity between now and the end of the season to learn a little more about those bubbling under.

25 minutes ago, CoF said:

The game is in Perth where we haven't won since November 2012.

Just keeping it alive until next Saturday would be a good achievement at this stage. I can't see Dundee taking anything off Hearts though, they are garbage.

The top 6 would’ve been better for the finances but I’m not even remotely bothered we won’t have to put up with ugly sisters again (apart from the final of course!)

I’m concerned we might not win any in 5 heading into the split however.

2 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Woah... hold up.  Who said anything about chucking in the towel?  There's a bit of a differece between having reservations and chucking in the towel. Happily I've no doubt whatsoever that, as he has stated, Robinson and the team will indeed endeavour to finish as high up the table as they possibly can.

But that doesn't necessarily preclude the use of one or two of the younger players in a game who to see how they handle the situation with a view to greater use next season. 

As already inferred I don't see that happening tomorow anyway with Rose out, Campbell and McHugh doubts and to add to that the U20's game today but I stick by the thought that if as is being speculated by some that Grimshaw, Rose and perhaps Bigi might not be around next season that there is an opportunity between now and the end of the season to learn a little more about those bubbling under.

Fair enough - I took your original post as just seeing the rest of the season out. 

I can see Robinson holding off until after the split to start trying younger players

• Like 1

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 31 :Rangers (H) 31/03/18 12:30