Scottish Premiership Game 31 :Rangers (H) 31/03/18 12:30

Yabba's Turd

I've been critical of the team for a lot of the season but I just want to say that in overview of the last two matches I think we've played some really good football at times and the team deserves a lot of credit for sticking in there and competing against the old firm, in fact we have dominated two halves of football, once each and have been unlucky to have to some important calls against us. 

However, we have blown a two goal lead today so it's going to be back into complaining mode...

Ah! The life of the Motherwell fan!  I am very, very annoyed and frustrated right now.  First half was fantastic and we have absolutely ploughed Rangers.  2-0 up and it should have been at least 3, maybe even 4 or 5.

Second half, having knocked Rangers all over the place and being in complete command and what do we do?  Yep, it's the shitey wee team syndrome all over.  Defend deep from the kick off and give Rangers ALL the ball they could want.  I don't even think we touched the ball in the first 2 or 3 minutes of the second half.  Contrast with the first half when we were right in their faces from the off.  It's so important to start each half with the right mentality and we just didn't do that. I want to tear my hair out!  WHY!!!!  Why do we keep replaying this old, old horror movie!

Of course as soon as Rangers go 2-2 and pull it back we start playing a bit again and almost score.  I just don't get it.  We have absolutely blown the points today, it didn't need to happen and unlike last week it was all our own fault.

If the halves had been switched I would be raving about the performance but unfortunately that's not what happened.  Overall it's a decent point but it really should have been 3.

Positives there were some good performances, Tait was excellent again although he let the side down not crossing when we had men in the box, Campbell great as usual, Main and Bowman were superb in the first half, particularly Main who's been very impressive lately.

We were never going to win it with those subs. Someone needs to tell Robinson you can't freeze players out when you have only won 4 out the last 20 league matches. The Lithuanian is Blyth bad.

Great effort from the players. The first half was like the Aberdeen quarter with the ball in the air constantly and us dominating. Second half Rangers adjusted, used the space out wide and brought their footballers into it. 

Cadden showed why he is wasted in midfield and McHugh was very good. Main was different class and shows the benefit of actually living like a professional footballer unlike some of the chancers we have had to endure over the years.

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

We were never going to win it with those subs. Someone needs to tell Robinson you can't freeze players out when you have only won 4 out the last 20 league matches. The Lithuanian is Blyth bad.

Cadden showed why he is wasted in midfield and McHugh was very good. Main was different class and shows the benefit of actually living like a professional footballer unlike some of the chancers we have had to endure over the years.

I suspect that given Robinson's approach, players are being frozen out because, unlike Main, they don't live like a professional footballer. You can't have it both ways.

I'd have been happy with 2 draws in the last 2 OF games beforehand, but a little frustrated we didn't win one of them.  If nothing else it shows we have nothing to fear if we make it to the Cup Final.

Really frustrating  stuff considering we were 2-0 up. Eager to see the highlights, as I didn't get to watch or listen today. Top six gone it would seem, but not for lack of trying. Hopefully we can get to the cup final and  find some form before then.

Motherwell the only team letting me down for £1500 just now too :(

Really enjoyed that today, just a shame we seemingly drafted in Stuart McCall for the ht teamtalk. As disappointing as the 1st 15 mins of the 2nd half were however, credit to the players for digging in and regaining our composure.

In preparation for the semi I was hoping we could put in two competitive performances against Celtic and Rangers and we’ve more then done that. Therefore we don’t need to be afraid of anyone. The one niggling concern however is that we have absolutely nobody in midfield that is capable of putting their foot on the ball and taking the sting out the game. We could really do with such a player for Hampden. 

Special mention for Curtis Main, he really is a machine and I fancy him to score a screamer or two before the season concludes. 

Credit to Jamie Murphy too, textbook goal that we’ve witnessed numerous times. 

Need to persevere with Hendrie. Not playing with a proper left back is criminal. Elliot Frear is a forward. Hate the 3-5-2 formation. Played great first half and shat  it in the 2nd.  Main was fab. The Lithuanian is crap and him and Cifti  will move on at the end of the season.

Two points dropped i'm afraid. We totally went to sleep for that first 10 minutes in the second half . How could we not think Rangers would have thrown everything at us at the kick off . Good fighting performance after that to save a point. Another poor ref and why did the linesmen on both sides even bother ,the never saw any Rangers infringements which should have been brought to the  refs attention

Very very good performance. Absolutely dominated the first half and should have been out of sight by half time.

Second half, as anticipated, they came out of the traps flying. Disappointing we allowed that to happen but we still defended well enough until the penalty.

Didnt think it was a pen. Frear wins the ball and Rangers player falls over. Most pundits in agreement. I know Robbo has said it didnt cost us the game but it did give them more encouragement and momentum which led to the 2nd goal imho.

Thought after that we did well to regain our composure and get back into the game. If Mains chance goes in the roof comes off. Fine margins.

The most pleasing aspect of today was how much good football we played. Far more easy on the eye. Mixed with the workrate we now take for granted, we can go into the next few games and the semi final with confidence.

Gave them to much space down our right side and invited them to play on that side .Felt sorry for Tait playing against Murphy & John with no help but in saying that thought he played well .You would have thought Las would have been telling our players to show Murph down the line and not to let him cut in on his right as we've seen him do many times . It's day where I can't decide if it's a good result or not ,must put a marker down against Aberdeen on Tuesday maybe shake it up a bit 

A more than decent point which we would’ve taken before kick off I suppose but can’t help but feel we threw that away. 

Why we came out sluggish in the second half is anybody’s guess but it’s my perception we quite often do that.

Never a penalty for them but we weren’t clearing our lines in that period and learned no lessons 2 minutes later. A bit sickening that Murphy scored but that was inevitable.

On another note, the policing at these games is a joke. No polis anywhere near the East Stand and drunken mutant Rangers fans are allowed to maraud past the Well queue where most are minding their own business. There was also a bit of bother at ht as scores of Orcs were leaving early and walking by the Well fans having a smoke in that area. The obvious chants of “we don’t do walking away” as they walked away were met with skirmishes and there was full blown fighting for a period of time before a few polis grudgingly started to appear! 

10 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Gave them to much space down our right side and invited them to play on that side

Thats been the case in our last few games. 

Overall 2 points lost but it could have been worse.  Results round about us went our way today and our battle, as it has been for a few weeks now, is with St Johnstone and Accies for 7th spot. 

I didn't make the game today and so cannot comment on the details.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 31 :Rangers (H) 31/03/18 12:30