Scottish Premiership Game 31 :Rangers (H) 31/03/18 12:30

Yabba's Turd

Really pleased with the performance in the main yesterday. Had it not been for the 15 minute after the break when they switched off and didn't do what the manager asked them it would have been 3 points.

Penalty was it was. Great build up and goal from Campbell. Cadden hits the bar, Main hits the bar, Campbell nearly scores again, Main should do better from the freekick and Tait should do much better when cutting back 

Take the immediate dissapointment out and we've performed to a man very well. Play like that in the semi and we are on our way to Hampden in May. 

Only slight negatives for me:

-Dunne needs to keep it simple. He's been great for weeks now. Don't want to see him slip back into silly mistake mode. 

-Manager needs to sort out the striker situation in the summer. Petravicious may be fast but that's about it. 

All in though. Good day at the office tinged with a bit of disappointment.

Mains play and assist and Campbell’s finish were a joy to watch.  Up there with the other “goals of the season”

Rangers penalty was laughable. I’m surprised I’m not more annoyed about it, but this season, as if there was ever really any doubt, has just underlined how much the dice are loaded when playing the ugly sisters.

If we are frustrated about our team not turning up for 15 minutes at the start of the second half, then what a huge step forward we have taken. For many a year we have had to endure Motherwell sides not turning up for the full 90 against Rangers.

Robinson has to be congratulated for the change in mindset. I remember back to the League Cup game at Ibrox when Rangers were in the Championship when McCall was telling anybody that would listen how we were massive underdogs and how we would have to be at our best and they would have to have an off day, etc etc. We duly folded .3-0 was it? A total embarrassment. Was it ICT (maybe St Johnstone) who showed us how it should be done and put them out in the next round?

To play with the intensity Motherwell play at for 90 minutes is a very difficult thing to do. It is particularly difficult after the body has cooled for 15 minutes in the changing room. Maybe this explains the slugginess (relatively speaking) at the start of the second half. 

To my mind, the real injustice about the penalty was that it was actually a fantastic bit of defending. A perfectly timed challenge under very difficult circumstances. If there had not been 5000 Rangers fans screaming for a penalty in the South Stand, we could have been talking this morning about a match winning tackle. I don't particularly blame the ref for that. A century of the Old Firm intimidating the rest of Scottish Football (and a Scottish Press that are happy to help them) at every level of the game brings these decisions about. 

Putting the situation in context, we have beaten Hearts, drawn with Celtic (with 10 men), drawn with Rangers at Fir Park in the last month.  A cup final, and cup semi in the bag and we play the second place team in the league on Tuesday with many off us believing that we can win that game. Motherwell are performing like a top six team, in the first season for many when the top six really means something. We are going to fall short of that target but only just. 

I can forgive them a slack 15 mins. Maybe the next step in the progression of the team is that they can play with that level of intensity for 90 minutes and on a regular basis.

• Like 13

22 hours ago, weeyin said:

27 minutes ago, beastfromtheeast(stand) said:

Alves shouldve been done for assault for the challenge on main in the second half but we arent getting two penaltys against the h*ns in one game so move onto aberdeen, for the dress rehearsal,and claim the 3 points COYW

Frear should be nowhere near the team for Tuesday night hasn't a clue how to play the position he is asked to play and into the bargain couldn't tackle a fish supper 

24 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Frear should be nowhere near the team for Tuesday night hasn't a clue how to play the position he is asked to play and into the bargain couldn't tackle a fish supper 

Thought Frear done ok for being out of position back there. Rightfully came off cause he was blowing out his arse and thought Hendry put a shift in when he was introduced, considering the little amount of match fitness he has. However felt sorry for Tait for having a thankless task in trying to defend against Murphy and John while trying to provide width.

6 hours ago, wellowell said:

Was looking for highlights on you tube and ended up watching play off highlights again but amazing thing is 28 players played that day and not 1 of them played yesterday so as was under 3 years ago quite a turnaround of players for both clubs in such a short period . 

That's quite mental. Wonder who will still be with us in 3 years time. 

Overall, got to be happy with a point against this mob given our habitual capitulation. However, struggle to understand why we didn't pull Frear at half time given our 2 goal lead and the likelihood of an increase of pressure on our defensive areas. Although tbf, I doubt the management team expected us to be *that* bad for the 1st 15 mins.

Plenty positives though... Main! The fella can pump ma missus and wipe his boaby on my curtains on the way out!

• Like 1

Agreed, however, I thought our penalty decision was  in the soft category. 
Have seen a few people post this now and I simply don't understand it. Fella came through the back of him and clipped him. So clear cut a penalty that the ref dare not give it....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

Have seen a few people post this now and I simply don't understand it. Fella came through the back of him and clipped him. So clear cut a penalty that the ref dare not give it....

It was a penalty, but we'd have been moaning if it was given against us. Small amount of contact resulting in going down like an Olympic swimmer off the blocks. Rightly or wrongly, some refs wouldn't have given anything for it in the middle of the park, let alone in the box.

• Like 1

Can't really say more than has been said about the positives from the game. Fantastic at times.

Petracompetitionwinner must have pics of Robinson up to no good. He's rid rotten and for someone who has been described as "fast", has anyone witnessed this?

Tait is fantastic when he has the ball. Great going forward & will run all day, he's brutal defensively though. Alan Campbell also let Murphy cut inside far to easily for his goal too.

47 minutes ago, something else said:

I make it 9 penalties against us this season so far. Pretty sure all of them have been questionable as well.

Carson must be due to save one of them.

If he had stood up he would have had a better chance with some of them, all a gamble though

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 31 :Rangers (H) 31/03/18 12:30