Scottish Premiership Game 31 :Rangers (H) 31/03/18 12:30

Yabba's Turd

The pundits, headed by Michael Stewart,  are pretty clear it wasn't a penalty. Did anyone in the Cooper see Dunne's "handling" in the first half?

I felt the ref. changed after half time and gave Rangers everything,  perhaps after complaints at the interval about this incident, and the other shout when the ball came off Tait's side?

I thought Curtis "The Shark/The Beast" Main really shook up the opposition and made the second goal, taken beautifully by Campbell.

Biggest disappointment was Murphy's trademark "drift in from the left, hit it across the 'keeper with the right" equaliser, like we've never seen that before.

For those who care about such matters at least he wasn't booed.....

I think the ball did strike Dunne's arm in the box first half, but it was more ball to arm.

On a different topic, when we needed to replace Bowman, why put Petravicus on? All he has ever done is shown he out is depth. I personally would have preferred McLean.

Just watched the match back when I got in from game, 3 pen decisions to make today and as usual the ref made a James Hunt of two of them, ours was a stonewaller irrespective of what that tosser Chris Sutton says, the Rangers one was a shocker, Frear wins the ball and the Rangers player just falls over him, never a pen.

As for Main near the end, Alves was all over him, shirt was nearly pulled off his back, with the ref right in front of them, that should have been a pen. So once again piss poor refereeing has cost us.

I don't think refereeing cost us* Poor defending cost us the 2nd goal and if we'd been a bit more clinical we could have been 4 up at half time.

As Robinson said in his post-match, we did the exact opposite of what he asked in the first 15 mins of the second half.

If we can learn from that, we have a shown that we are capable of beating all 3 teams left in the Cup. Top 6 is gone, but that is 100% due to our dip in form before the break than any points we dropped over the past few weeks.

*Not that I'm defending the ref. We can't control that, though - we can control the way we started the 2nd half. Like Robinson also mentioned, it's easy to forget we have a lot of youngsters in the team that are still learning the game.

at half time I said it was the first game this season when I hadn't had a rant at the ref. 

second half back to the usual. haven't seen their penalty yet but all the pundits I've heard said it was a bit "dubious" (even Michael I hate Well Stewart)

What happened to the new rule that if there is contact in the box and the forward goes down it's  a penalty ???? Alves literally threw Main to the deck and nothing given.

Anyway does anybody know the numbers for the halftime draw  ??????

• Like 1

Just a footnote to my previous comments...

I thought it was a nice touch by Jamie Murphy not to celebrate his goal today.

I was disappointed when he signed for them and to find out that he was a Rangers fan., but that raised him back up in my estimations. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Just a footnote to my previous comments...

I thought it was a nice touch by Jamie Murphy not to celebrate his goal today.

I was disappointed when he signed for them and to find out that he was a Rangers fan., but that raised him back up in my estimations. 

Murphy was the consummate pro when he was at Fir Park, so no surprise there. 

As far as his Rangers connection, I blame the parents.

Like most I suppose, it was an outcome that I'd have been quite happy with beforehand but as it is you're left with feelings of regret of what might have been.

It was a wonderful first half with only that killer third goal missing.  There was no doubt in my mind it was a clear cut penalty award for us and it was well tucked away by Main.  I thought he was terrific in the build up to the second also and having seen a brief re-run of the goal the finish from Allan Campbell was much tidier and well placed that it initially looked at the time.

Who knows what the final scoreline would have been had Main replicated Moult's dipping volley or Cadds shot had been a few inches lower.

Rangers had only really brought one good save out of Trevor Carson and had been reduced to appealing for penalties every time a ball went into the box. The helping hand of a penalty would of  course come a little later. I wouldn't attempt to disagree that we had started the second half extremely poorly for whatever reason but come on, your "goals change games" cliche didn't become a cliche for no good reason and Rangers capitalised on it to the full grabbing an equaliser when we were at our most vulnerable.

It became watching through your fingers stuff for the next few minutes but pleasingly we regained our compsure and slowly as the half wore on became a bit more involved at the other end of the park.  

Once more fortune did not go our way with a second effort hitting the woodwork and the quite laughable decision to pretend that Alves hadn't attempted to remove Main's shirt from his back.  It takes a very very brave official to award two penalties against one of the Old Firm in the same game, and there aren't too many brave officials about in Scottish football so whilst hugely frustrating it was hardly surprsing that Walsh wasn't prepared to put himself in that awkward position.

For all there's a lingering feeling of disappointment there's much we can take from our last two home displays. Whilst we often write these games off and point to our important matches being against those in our immediate vicinity in the table there's no question that our ability to go toe-to-toe with both Rangers and Celtic in difficult circumstances, and got through them without defeat, can only be beneficial in terms of confidence and belief when we (hopefully) next come to play these teams in the latter stages of the Cup comptitions or games where it is important we get something against them.

3 hours ago, DEWELL said:

Need to persevere with Hendrie. Not playing with a proper left back is criminal. Elliot Frear is a forward. Hate the 3-5-2 formation. Played great first half and shat  it in the 2nd.  Main was fab. The Lithuanian is crap and him and Cifti  will move on at the end of the season.

Well you can hate it all you want as it is our best formation with available players. games ebb and flow and yes 1st 15 of 2nd half we were flapping but ref caused that.but then we came back into it so fair play to our players and management. both Glasgow teams don't frighten us anymore which is great.

13 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Well you can hate it all you want as it is our best formation with available players. games ebb and flow and yes 1st 15 of 2nd half we were flapping but ref caused that.but then we came back into it so fair play to our players and management. both Glasgow teams don't frighten us anymore which is great.

1 minute ago, Clackscat said:

Thanks for that......never a penalty for Rangers...bloody hell if decisions 'even out' over a season we are due a hell of a lot.

I know!

Felt the ref had too long to level things up after giving us a relatively soft penalty early on, and I was proved correct.

Also shat out of dealing with Morellos as it would’ve meant a 2nd yellow and shat out of the Alves penalty shout which the linesman had a front for seat for.

Much like the ref last season who shat out giving a 2nd red to Rangers, but levelled it up by sending off skippy cheaply.

Weak shite bags!

why does the you tube highlights not show the Alves assault on Main ???? I thought it was the MFC highlights.

Also where did the Gers fans get tickets for the centre of the main stand???    you can see them jumping up and down when Rangers score on the highlights.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 31 :Rangers (H) 31/03/18 12:30