Scottish Premiership Game 32:St Johnstone (A) 07/04/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Hope Charles Dunne is back. His physical strength and speed were badly missed against A______n and SH looked very lightweight by comparison.

I can't imagine this game will be a feast of football but SR said there would be changes, though not as many as he would like because of the size of our squad. I predict some tough training today.

I'll take a Murray Davidson OG in the last minute to win.

6 hours ago, Del_Superwell said:

I can see a few changes being made for this game, Craigan seemed to hint on his interview after the 20s game yesterday that a few of his boys could be in the squad this weekend.

I hope not, it should be the strongest team possible at all times and none of this resting players because it's a meaningless game pish.:nod:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

I'd go with

Griffiths 

Watt Maguire Bowers Livingstone 

MacLean McHugh Turnbull Petravicius 

Ciftci Scott

This game means nothing. Worst that could happen?  One of the young guys makes a case for inclusion in the squad for the semi.. 

No thank you, getting hammered off a piss poor st johnstone team the week before a semi final regardless of who the starting 11 is doesn't appeal to me.

• Like 1

This game is important in its own right so hopefully we will not dick about with selection for this one. The money for finishing seventh is as important as anything we make from the Scottish Cup. Having said that, a draw wont be the worst outcome at this stage of the season.

10 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

I'd go with

Griffiths 

Ciftci Scott

This game means nothing. Worst that could happen?  One of the young guys makes a case for inclusion in the squad for the semi.. 

We get fined/deducted points for fielding two full backs who are already out on loan at other clubs.  

In all seriousness, I know you’re probably just trying to make a point about resting players but that is an appalling looking team. 

Also, Petravicius and Griffiths are both absolute murder and we shouldn’t be wasting any more minutes on either of them before they’re inevitably released in the summer.

10 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

I'd go with

Griffiths 

Ciftci Scott

I wouldn’t be averse go giving Maguire, Turnbull and Scott some game time in the coming weeks, most likely from the bench.

Surely however Bigi and Grimshaw have to play on Saturday as they’ve barely kicked a ball and at least one will be starting at Hampden. 

Some folk on here need to make their minds up your either not bothered by the league results 4 wins in 22 and your only wish is for a cup run ,so if it's a cup run Robinson has to rest our best players on Saturday and take whatever happens in Perth on the chin . I think Carson ,Kipre ,Dunne,Aldred,Main ,& Campbell should all be rested ,play Frear at centre back with Petravicius beside him and give the travelling support a laugh 

Tempting fate but with Dundee at Ibrox (yes I know their poor home record) and Hamilton at home to Celtic on Sunday I would hope regardless the result we would lose no ground on those 2 teams.

Finishing best of the bottom 6 would be a good end to the season but finishing 8th and getting to another cup final would be 10 times better imho.  It was stated above that finishing 7th is as important as getting to cup final.  Pretty sure that is not even close to the truth financially.  The difference between finishing 7th v 8th in the league is actually only £55,000 which not to be sniffed at would be dwarfed by circa £500k + for getting to Scottish Cup final.   

I would put out a strong team but NOT risk any players nursing any type of injury and for that matter any player the manager feels needs a rest or even one so pivotal that risking injury would be unwise. Imagine if Main got injured b4 the semi final !!

I think Bigi and Grimshaw should start.

Anyone know the score with Ciftci ?  Is he likely to be available this weekend or for the semi-final ?

38 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

There is absolutely no chance we will finish in the bottom two.

Exactly! It’s almost impossible. There’s so few permutations that could see all the teams below us pass us. We could be caught by any team individually if they put together a run, but that would involve victories over all the other teams beneath us which puts them in bother...

13 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Literally within seconds of firing up mixlr I hear Graham moaning that the referee gave them a free kick we would never get. Last I'll say on the matter, but it could be a tedious listen today.

I didn't even bother opening mixlr today when I saw he was on. 

The apathy for this one is overwhelming.

BBC Stats make it look like a feast of football. One attempt each on goal in the first 45.

Turned the commentary off after about 40 minutes, it was disgraceful today. I appreciate it's a boring scrappy game but we don't need to hear that every ten seconds. There was one point both of them spent about ten seconds just going "pshttt, pfffft" between themselves.

Fucking dreadful stuff.