Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

I hope this loan works out for both parties but I have concerns about the terms that could be included. Suppose he hits it off and we get to the cup final and are due to play Celtic. I am sure St Brendan won't allow him to play against them thus depriving a player of a chance to play in a cup final which many players don't get the chance to do.

Also if he does well and we decide we want to sign him for next season when we go to Celtic to make them an offer we can expect them to use their estimation of his worth as a starting point in negotiations.We all know how nobody at Parkhead is worth less than 10 million so God knows how much they would be asking for a player who is playing well for us.

I thought he was out of contract in the summer, surely we could sign him for nothing?

Think youre letting his goal scoring against us the other week hide the fact he was murder the rest of the match...

Would walk into our midfield as most of the rest of the Accies midfielders would.

Accies are 1 point behind us in the league. Now imagine where we'd be if we didn't have the best striker in the league outside Celtic for most of the season and the difference that makes.

Facts are Accies are as good if not stronger in lots of areas and if you are seriously telling me you wouldn't take Docherty at Motherwell over our season long no show midfielders then fine but we'll agree to disagree.

BTW.

Carl McHugh - 0 goals, 0 assists

Gael Bigirimana - 0 goals, 2 assists

Andy Rose - 2 goals, 0 assists

Liam Grimshaw - 0 goals, 0 assists

Chris Cadden - 0 goals, 3 assists

Elliott Frear - 1 goal, 1 assist

Allan Campbell - 0 goals, 0 assists

Total - 3 goals, 5 assists (from 7,189 minutes of league football this season)

Greg Docherty - 3 goals, 6 assists (from 1,867 minutes of league football this season)

• Like 1

Accies are as good? Dress it up how you like, they are still 1 point behind us despite our barren run. Suspect we'll be straining our necks looking down on their final league position at the business end of the season... not in January.

Truth was sHamilton weren't in the game the other week until handed a lifeline by the officials - hardly a stand out performance from the player mentioned. Hammell offered him his goal on a plate too.

If Docherty fancies a crack at the big time, I'd have him. It's a team game, easier to stand out over there than it is here.

Not sure where your stats are from but most sites tell me Cadden has 5 assists and is joint 2nd in the league (Tait at 4, Tanner at 3)

Docherty, Imrie and Templeton have 4 each.

Docherty's 3 goals - 2 of them Accies have lost 2-1 and his 3rd was the one against us.

I think Docherty is a decent player but that's about it.

To me, Ciftci feels like a short term stopgap until a target or two become available in the next window.

Thats what Im thinking, and for me thats really worrying! We sell Moult and end up with a stop gap and an injury prone reserve to replace his goals, with targets in mind for the summer.

Huge gamble considering without Moults goals there is a very good chance we will be relegated

Break came at the right time for the team and fans I think. I'm choking to get back to it now!

Absolutely. I think we'll see a new team in more ways than one after the break. I'm not going to make wild predictions but we should fare far better. Like most Well fans I was well brassed off after the Accies game, but hey onwards and upwards.

I hope we get a result, however, through choice, I won’t be going to this one. Our performance in the last home game has pretty much put me off football for the rest of the season. Roll on season 2018-19 wherever we may be.

No question where we will be next season, the same as right now, we will be no danger whatsoever this season.

No question where we will be next season, the same as right now, we will be no danger whatsoever this season.

We saw these kinds of posts in January/February last season and the season we finished in the play off. Both years we left it very late to avoid going down.

The reality is we are in a relegation fight and the only way we will be in the top league next season is if the players earn on it the park. If we don't start scoring goals we will be relegated.

We saw these kinds of posts in January/February last season and the season we finished in the play off. Both years we left it very late to avoid going down.

The reality is we are in a relegation fight and the only way we will be in the top league next season is if the players earn on it the park. If we don't start scoring goals we will be relegated.

you need to start being a wee bit more positive about the team,or in the grand scheme of things who would be your manager and starting 11 to keep us up ? :haha::haha:

By the same token though we've read posts from yourself for the last decade equally insistant that disaster was lurking around the corner ready to strike (even when we were second or third or going for Europe) and yet by hook or by crook we're still here.

Actually the reality is we're closer to the top six than we are to the play-off position or automatic relegation spot.

I do agree fully however that it is entirely up to what the players do on the park as to what direction our season goes from here and that it would be folly to dimiss the possibility of the season going south.

But in a relegation battle? That still remains to be seen.

• Like 2

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic