Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

But in a relegation battle? That still remains to be seen.

We definitely are in a relegation battle. If we lose the Ross County game we are four points off the bottom. We may actually find ourselves not missing top six by much but still having to work hard to avoid 11th or even 12th. The way the fixtures work in this league means every non city team has the chance to go on a run (as Ross County have a few times) or fall into 11th/12th.

If you look at out remaining fixtures in blocks of three they don't look favourable to us..... County H, Hearts A, Hibs A. We will do well to take three points from this. 1 or zero and we are looking at changing the mangaer. Partick H, St Johnstone H, Kilmarnock H These games make or break our season. Dundee A Aberdeen H Accies A Three teams we have beaten this season but extremely difficult games. Celtic H Rangers H St Johnstone A A nightmare run to take us into the split.

the last decade equally insistant that disaster was lurking around the corner ready to strike (even when we were second or third or going for Europe) and yet by hook or by crook we're still here.

We have averted disaster in the playoffs and last season against Accies and Killie. However we haven't halted our decline which has been constant since the summer of 2013. Over the last 59 games we have picked up 4 more points than a team managed by Martin Canning on a shoestring budget.

We definitely are in a relegation battle. If we lose the Ross County game...

If you look at out remaining fixtures in blocks of three they don't look favourable to us.....

If we lose the Ross County game....but what if we win it?

They don't look favourable...but what if they don't turn out to be to as unfavourable as you think?

You may well be right. We may well end up in a relegation battle. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it most certainly isn't as cut and dried as you're painting it to be.

I repeat, it still remains to be seen.

• Like 1

We had an excellent opportunity to not have to worry about relegation this season for the first time in 4 seasons but 1 win in the last 11 games and 1 point from the last 7 games put paid to that.

We might yet not be relegated this season but were in a dogfight for sure.

Would be a dull forum if we all agreed with each other. In life some folks are optimistic and some pessimistic and nowt wrong with that.

My only 'issue' is that those of a more negative view tend to be very quiet when things are going well but when it isn't they seem to come alive. All manner of statistics and observations and predictions of armageddon get trotted out. It is almost as if thats what they get off on.

But hey each to their own, its a shame really cause within the gloom and doom there is usually a pertinent point worth debating.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Would be a dull forum if we all agreed with each other. In life some folks are optimistic and some pessimistic and nowt wrong with that.

My only 'issue' is that those of a more negative view tend to be very quiet when things are going well but when it isn't they seem to come alive. All manner of statistics and observations and predictions of armageddon get trotted out. It is almost as if thats what they get off on.

But hey each to their own, its a shame really cause within the gloom and doom there is usually a pertinent point worth debating.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Ill 100% hold my hands up that when things arent going well for us Im definitely more vocal on here and when were doing well, im present, but more content to sit back and enjoy the unexpected win and/or form.

I definitely dont get off on it though!

• Like 1

Ill 100% hold my hands up that when things arent going well for us Im definitely more vocal on here and when were doing well, im present, but more content to sit back and enjoy the unexpected win and/or form.

I definitely dont get off on it though!

So lots of criticism and negativity when we are on a bad run and stoney silence during the good times, and you don't get of on it...ok then whatever.

• Like 1

So lots of criticism and negativity when we are on a bad run and stoney silence during the good times, and you don't get of on it...ok then whatever.

A lot of folk determined to twist what you say on here if they have a different take on things.

Did I say I didnt post when we were doing well? I didnt. So theres no stoney silence

You honestly believe that some Motherwell fans get off ie enjoy it when the team arent doing well?!?!

Ok then, whatever.....

• Like 1

I've said it before the guy is not incompetent ,he is just a cheat masquerading as a referee. Seen too much of this imposter over the years to think any other way. Seems to hate us with a passion.

The unfortunate thing is fans at all the other clubs have the same opinion of him (and other referees)

He loves being the center of attention, so no doubt hell do something dumb to make sure hes the one being talked about after the game. Is it possible to send someone off for diving and give a penalty at the same time?

Rangers had a bid rejected for Docherty, and Im guessing accies werent up for the choice between loan with option to buy or monopoly money up front.

Is the game in doubt due to weather?

I think the pitch will be fine but surrounding areas could be the main concern. Its quite ironic that we had a winter break and on the lead up to the first game back we get weather like this.

Was going to post pretty much exactly the same thing.

The flaw in the winter break is that obviously you cant know when the snowy/cold snap will come.

I think this has come anywhere between Jan and Mar in the past few years.

Looking forward to Sat, assuming surrounding area/transport is ok.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic