Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

Thought Tanner was different class, fantastic wee player and runs the show, Dunne played his best game in C&A so far strolled it, Kipre had a reasonable easy game and did well, Aldred was pretty solid and looks decent,Tait was great and mostly always is, Rose had a very decent 2nd half, McHugh best game in a while, Campbell was fantastic, Main chases everything and played great especially with his link up with Çiftçi who did really well with some nice touches and pressing.

That was an incredibly comfortable afternoon in the end, Carson had two important saves in the first half but had little else to do. The back three (or two and two halfs) were solid, Dunne, in particular, looks to have benefited from the winter break. McHugh and Campbell complemented each other which went along way to helping the keeper and defence have their easy afternoon. Rose, Tait and Main all worked their socks off allowing Tanner and Ciftci to show a little bit of the talent.

That all said, we didn't need to get out of second gear today because Accies were truly awful, they seemed resigned to losing after that initial flurry of pressure at the start of the second half.

Roll on Wednesday, a result then and hopefully we can start looking up the table again.

Accies were awful today but we clearly outfought them. Scrappy game but some nice play in patches. impressed by the debutants. Campbell and tanner the standouts of the team today. Main and ciftci look like they could be a real threat when fully fit.

Happy to be through and looking forward to drawing sevco at ibrox...

A good and very welcome win. And well deserved too.

I thought it followed a fairly similar pattern to the recent league game with Motherwell getting ahead early and looking completely in control. The deviation of course was that rather them coming into the game from nowhere with a penalty it was us who got the all important second goal.

There were a number of pleasing aspects. Back to front, great to see Carson get a clean sheet. He pulled off a couple of excellent saves. Perhaps significant most tended to be from distance and one of them was when we were momentarily down to ten men and were somewhat disorganised at the back at the time.

Aldred looked a similar no-nonsense style type. Ironically that "old style" mentality of thinking nothing about steaming in probably lead in part to his injury. Thought Dunne looked pretty decent in the middle. Definitely helps when there's less onus on him to be involved in attacking sense and less passing is involved in his game.

Rose for me today gave a pretty good illustration of why he seems to be favoured by Robinson. His task was purely and simply to keep Imrie in check, to limit his involvement and his potential to spark his team and their fans to life. He had the wee shite in his pocket all day.

Up front I liked the look of both new forwards. Different styles but both played their part. A whole lot of Moult style all-over-the-park involvement from Main with a number of clever flicks and knock-ons. I'd like to see a little more of what he does in the box (winning penalties aside) but hopefully that'll come. Cifti had some lovely touches and hold up play and again I'd hope to see a bit more penalty box activity will come in time, but both certainly had decent debuts.

A good feeling to have righted some wrongs from last time out against them. Wonder how many videos their fans will be posting online this evening!

In the bigger picture I'm delighted we got the much needed result to push the doubts back into the background, even if briefly.

Let's make sure we keep it going and continue to rebuild our confidence in midweek.

• Like 2

Robinson was fortunate Carson made the save. We should have had 11 men on the park.

It was a better performance than last time out. Tanner was excellent, Tait and McHugh battled for every ball and Dunne strolled the second half at sweeper.

We went 2-0 up in the 35th minute, Aldred was injured straight from the kick off and played on for a minute or so before being subbed in the 37th minute, during that two minute window Carson made a decent save from a Bingham header.

Are you seriously trying to blame Robinson for Aldred playing on for two minutes to see if he could run off the injury? Wow!

There were some really good performances today but I feel Rose deserves a mention. He was getting a fair bit of stick from someone behind us but he kept Imrie as quiet as I've ever seen him against us. Imrie's an absolute bellend of a boy but credit where it's due, he's usually right up for it and causes us problems. He didn't get a sniff the entire game.

• Like 1

A win today and we progress to the next round and it some ways that is all. We were by far the better team and deserved to win but it was disappointing not to score from open play. No failures today and the lads outfought Accies. I was impressed with the new players especially Main. I thought we lacked a bit of a cutting edge up front and a bit of creativity from midfield. Still Cifti and Main will take time to settle in and develop an understanding. Tanner was my MOTM. Only downside was the injuries to Aldred and Newell and these need to be really need to be investigated by the club, given Cadden and Frear's absences. Credit to Alan Campbell for facing up to a bigger and stronger opponent in the form of Scott Brown Mini Me (Darian MacKinnon) and he refused to be intimidated.

Given Accies' modus operandi it was never going to be a classic.

Credit to the club for the state of the pitch and the surrounding pavements - I hope NLC was suitably pleased and appreciative. Not living in the town I didn't think the snow/ice/roads was that bad compared to other areas.

Overall a satisfying day. For once it would be nice not to be drawn against another Premiership club in the next round.

• Like 1

A win today and we progress to the next round and it some ways that is all. We were by far the better team and deserved to win but it was disappointing not to score from open play. No failures today and the lads outfought Accies. I was impressed with the new players especially Main. I thought we lacked a bit of a cutting edge up front and a bit of creativity from midfield. Still Cifti and Main will take time to settle in and develop an understanding. Tanner was my MOTM. Only downside was the injuries to Aldred and Newell and these need to be really need to be investigated by the club, given Cadden and Frear's absences. Credit to Alan Campbell for facing up to a bigger and stronger opponent in the form of Scott Brown Mini Me (Darian MacKinnon) and he refused to be intimidated.

Given Accies' modus operandi it was never going to be a classic.

Credit to the club for the state of the pitch and the surrounding pavements - I hope NLC was suitably pleased and appreciative. Not living in the town I didn't think the snow/ice/roads was that bad compared to other areas.

Overall a satisfying day. For once it would be nice not to be drawn against another Premiership club in the next round.

What injury to Newell - was it while he was warming up? and what investigations are needed - curious?

What injury to Newell - was it while he was warming up? and what investigations are needed - curious?

Newell pulled a hamstring in the warm up.

We've had an inordinate amount of hamstring injuries this seasons. These are classified as being "soft tissue" injuries as opposed to impact injuries. During his reign, Ian Baraclough asked our then sports scientist to investigate why we were suffering so many soft tissue injuries as he deemed these to be largely avoidable.

Does anyone know why some fans in the East Stand were reportedly told by stewards to switch off their cellphones in the gound? Seems very odd to me.

We've had an inordinate amount of hamstring injuries this seasons. These are classified as being "soft tissue" injuries as opposed to impact injuries. During his reign, Ian Baraclough asked our then sports scientist to investigate why we were suffering so many soft tissue injuries as he deemed these to be largely avoidable.

Ah right - thought I had missed a sub somewhere. You're right we do seem to have had lot of them. Don't remember players in the bygone days of yore pulling up with these - they just got a "sare leg". It does seem to be fairly recent phenomenon.

Does anyone know why some fans in the East Stand were reportedly told by stewards to switch off their cellphones in the gound? Seems very odd to me.

Cellphones. Maybe it was Chad and Hank who got super stoked by the scrimmaging

• Like 3

Great result and I know I am in the minority but desperate for big Fisher to score. Think if he gets a goal it will change his fortune. I am just bias as I spoke to him as he lives next to my Mum. A top guy and very genuine nice guy

I too think that a goal for Fish will completely turn around his season.

What did we learn today?

Kilpre - is still quite good - but Aldred is better (Aldred and hartley will pose probe,s for most teams)

Tanner will boss gems and is a great creator

Main and Citfi are both very good and a league above fisher and bowman

Newell is back up (got injured) fisher ranked 4 and bowman on his way out!!,

They were probably trying to livestream the

game somewhere, probably weeyin or some of the other offshore well fans that put them up to it.

What did we learn today?

Kilpre - is still quite good - but Aldred is better (Aldred and hartley will pose probe,s for most teams)

Tanner will boss gems and is a great creator

Main and Citfi are both very good and a league above fisher and bowman

Newell is back up (got injured) fisher ranked 4 and bowman on his way out!!,

Heard a comment after the game today that Bowman allegedly had the rattle out of the pram and left the ground when he heard he was not in the squad, " grabbed his boots and left" was the phrase used. So his days may indeed be numbered.

Very interesting to see what will happen re bowman, fisher, and newell.

From what I have heard newell is rated as a potential first team player above those two.

Speed and skil and needs to develop strength.

Main and Citfi looked a different class touch control speed and strength - especially main who looked well up for it

• Like 1

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic