Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

A well deserved win over the piece.

I wouldn't go so far as to say we rode our luck at any stage but on several occasions we were pretty close to the game going on a different path from how it panned out with Carson making a couple of excellent saves and Dundee being wasteful with their opportunities.

Still unclear as to why Aldred's goal was chopped off. He surely didn't chalk it off for dangerous play did he? Kipre seemed to be onside. Shame as it was an excellent finish.

I think we certainly benefited from questionable goalkeeping for our opener but as the old saying goes if you never buy a ticket you won't win a raffle. By then Cifti should really have had us ahead. It was one of those occasions where it looked so certain his header was going you'd almost starting celebrating, only to see the ball emerge at the other side of the post.

They looked like they were going to make it more of a contest in the early part of the second and we had Carson to thank with his now typical weekly sensational save before we got the second at a pretty crucial stage. The momentum they had been building was just shattered in an instant and we were generally very comfortable in seeing the game out thereafter.

Delighted to progress, to get the clean sheet and another slightly different type of goal again from Curtis Main.It is nowhere near a case of "Louis who?" but I think it's remarkable that Main has bedded in so quickly and so seamlessly in terms of replacing not only his goals but work-rate and presence across the pitch.

A good day!!

Great win. Good performances from all players. Dunne looks better each week. My MOTM was Main, for his work rate. His goals are getting his name in the headlines, but I find his graft, strength and pace make him one of the hardest strikers in the SPL for defences to deal with. If seven of the SPL sides are of similar quality, I think Main and Ciftci differentiate us from the others and should keep us well away from the bottom two. I notice some fans feeling this was a comfortable victory. I am more cautious because Dundee did carve out a number of chances. Unlike us however, they didn't have strikers who could finish.

on the Dundee pie n Bovril it states total attendance 4663 with home fans of 3263 which by my counting is 1400 well fans

or by the Seville calculator just under 5000 well fans hahahah, well my son was there and says the well fans end was rampacked so I am not sure how many that is ?????

• Like 1

on the Dundee pie n Bovril it states total attendance 4663 with home fans of 3263 which by my counting is 1400 well fans

or by the Seville calculator just under 5000 well fans hahahah, well my son was there and says the well fans end was rampacked so I am not sure how many that is ?????

I was sat in the left hand side of the stand and there was loads of seats around us. Add to that the last section had almost no well fans in it. I wouldn't be surprised by the 1400 number.

Given that the away team takes 33% of the gate does anyone audit the attendance figure?

What I would like to know is how their number 5 escaped a booking

Absolutely this. Some players inc Scott Brown seem to have a cloak of invisibility. Some of his tackles (Dundee No 5) were yellow cards on their own merit.

Funny game in many respects in that Dundee had their chances but were profligate, whereas we took our chances and Carson and defence as usual were very good. Dunne was my MOM. What a difference from start of the season. One chipped pass down the line was exquisite.

Main has been a revalation and has instantly made us almost forget Louis M. Whether it was his goal or not you feel he is going to score in every game.

Very decent away crowd. Announced at the game as 1447. And Burrows has tweeted his thanks for 1500 fans. Almost 50% of the home support.

Would like Falkirk or Morton at home but we know Celtic and Rangers will draw them. If they don’t they will draw us. An away draw may be more lucrative but I would take anyone at home in the quarters.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic