Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

I was sat in the left hand side of the stand and there was loads of seats around us. Add to that the last section had almost no well fans in it. I wouldn't be surprised by the 1400 number.

why would Alan Burrows lie, he said we had just under 1500 the stand wasn't full , it holds 3000 punters and the two sections nearest the old shed were pretty empty as well as the first 6 / 7 rows the full width of the stand. 1447 fans for a trip to Dundee is terrific in anyone's book

3 of the ties will be covered (2 sky, 1 BBC). I'd think we might be the one left out to be honest. Which suits me fine.

It's usually BBC Saturday lunch time then two games on Sky on the Sunday.

But the Old Firm have to play on different days and the BBC won't set foot in Ibrox so if Sky take Celtic with their first pick it might mean the Rangers game can't be on TV.

I don't deny the existence of conspiracies in the world but is today really one? Celtic and Rangers shouldn't really need a hot or vibrating ball to compete against the others in the draw. In recent years, the Old Firm have met in semis or earlier.

The only emotion I'm showing is excitement at a cracking tie against The Jambos. Too close to call - but not one to face with in trepidation.

exactly will be tough but we've beaten better than the Jambos at Motherwell this season.

We'll out of their last 4, 3 have been away from home and the other one was us at Hampden.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember reading that they drew 12 home ties in a row. Add your three in four to that would make it 13 out of 16.

If they managed to swing a cup semi final to Ibrox then I really would be believing in conspiracy theories.

Anyway regarding Motherwell, we have drawn the tie of the round. Could FP be near capacity?

I could be wrong but I seem to remember reading that they drew 12 home ties in a row. Add your three in four to that would make it 13 out of 16.

If they managed to swing a cup semi final to Ibrox then I really would be believing in conspiracy theories.

Anyway regarding Motherwell, we have drawn the tie of the round. Could FP be near capacity?

No chance it will be sold out.

I am pulling figures off the top of my head but is that not something like 13 of Rangers last 15 cup draws being drawn at home? They certainly have the luck of the draw.

I am never one to let the facts stand in the way of a few wild allegations but thought I better check and see if I was making this up completely. So here are the facts:

Starting with a home draw against St Johnstone on 23/9/15, Rangers were drawn at home ten times in a row (including a home win against us on 21/1/17). The run ended when Rangers were drawn away to Partick Thistle in the league cup on 09/09/17. Since then as Superward pointed out, they have drawn Fraserburgh (A), AyrUtd (A), Falkirk (H) in the Scottish Cup. That makes 11 home ties out of 14.

So not the 13 out of 15 I claimed and certainly not enough to base a conspiracy theory on but they have had the luck of the draw over the last few seasons when it comes to home ties.

I get a sense that I am talking to myself but incase anybody is interested 7 of the 14 were against Premiership opposition (St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Dundee, Motherwell, Accies, Dundee).

This does not include any cup ties played at Hampden (one of which featured a beautiful Louis Moult brace).

I realise that I have just spent an hour of my life thinking about all things Rangers. I will never make that mistake again.

Who do we want in the semi then? Beating Rangers at Hampden was very very enjoyable last time and something I'd like to do again, though another pop at Celtic is pretty tempting. I've gotten so used to beating Aberdeen already this season it doesn't even feel like a big deal anymore so I'd rather avoid them.

Who do we want in the semi then? Beating Rangers at Hampden was very very enjoyable last time and something I'd like to do again, though another pop at Celtic is pretty tempting. I've gotten so used to beating Aberdeen already this season it doesn't even feel like a big deal anymore so I'd rather avoid them.

Falkirk

Our last 3 seasons cup draws

East Fife (a)

Morton (a)

ICT (h)

Celtic (a)

Rangers (a)

Ross County (a)

Aberdeen (h)

Rangers

Celtic

Hamilton (h)

Dundee (a)

Hearts (h)

As much as it often appears as if there is a conspiracy going on with the old firm in cups. I think you either have the luck of the draw or you dont. In the past even when we have had easier ties we have found ways to screw up...

In saying that looking at the last 2-3 years alone means we have effectively drawn a top flight team in our last 9 draws. Makes sense as you reach quarter final stage but that is a pretty tough run without a lower league side ! Still we have faired well enough this season despite the tough draws......

I know we had a memorable win against them not long after Billy Davies took charge but well Quarter Final. Game at Fir Park. The John Gardiner Quarter Final must be avenged!!!!!

Mate of mine just posted that this was an opportunity for getting revenge for the Texaco Cup loss in 1971.

Bearing a grudge or what!!!

• Like 2

Mate of mine just posted that this was an opportunity for getting revenge for the Texaco Cup loss in 1971.

Bearing a grudge or what!!!

Sure we got revenge a few seasons later when we beat them in the same Tournament , but that didn't, and I don't think anything ever will make up for that cruel loss in 1971 .Its like a death time heals but doesn't erase......sorry for sounding so morbid guys.

Big dilemma for the media. If it is three live games then what game will they leave out? To my mind the best two games are ours and Aberdeen V Killie.

The arse cheeks games should be a formality and a bore but no doubt both their games will be on TV.

And as for the Texaco Cup in 1971 it still annoys me. I remember getting kicked and slapped as we moved through the shed round to the other goals at half time in the first leg at Tynecastle. And also the Hearts cloggers under McDonald in the eighties were a despicable lot.

Always hated them for that team.

Still we did beat them in a replay after the post Phil O'Donnell draw at Tynecastle.

I know we had a memorable win against them not long after Billy Davies took charge but well Quarter Final. Game at Fir Park. The John Gardiner Quarter Final must be avenged!!!!!

We could beat them every game for the next 50 years and that game won't be avenged. Just don't show Carson the highlights.

Big dilemma for the media. If it is three live games then what game will they leave out? To my mind the best two games are ours and Aberdeen V Killie.

The arse cheeks games should be a formality and a bore but no doubt both their games will be on TV.

And as for the Texaco Cup in 1971 it still annoys me. I remember getting kicked and slapped as we moved through the shed round to the other goals at half time in the first leg at Tynecastle. And also the Hearts cloggers under McDonald in the eighties were a despicable lot.

Always hated them for that team.

Still we did beat them in a replay after the post Phil O'Donnell draw at Tynecastle.

Sky will want the games with biggest viewership which would be Celtic and Rangers games. But I'd imagine BBC will take one of them. Which will leave Sky to choose between us and Aberdeen. I'll be surprised if we get chosen.

• Like 1

Sky will want the games with biggest viewership which would be Celtic and Rangers games. But I'd imagine BBC will take one of them. Which will leave Sky to choose between us and Aberdeen. I'll be surprised if we get chosen.

BBC can't take the Rangers game can they? Are they not still banned from Ibrox.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic