Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

Not surprising.

Of the 3 TV slots this is the one I would choose. Noon games are too early and 4pm on a Sunday - no thanks.

Q - how much do the clubs get for televised game at this stage or any for that matter in Scottish Cup ? I would assume ticket prices for Adults at £15 as it is on TV. There is a precedence and any less would make no sense for a cup 1/4 final.

So easy calculation is say average £12 (inc children and concessions) to be divided by TV money. Say £40k - would equate to 3333 fans. Effectively meaning that we probably won’t be any worse of financially, but there will be a potentially a few 000 less than there would have been had the game not been on TV.

Agree thats the least worse of the TV slots Iain. Its debatable whether we'll be any worse off or not; a finely balanced calculation if you like. On top of gate money we'll lose additional catering/programme/hospitality/half time draw cash. Our own crowd will be down by about 1,000/1,500 and Hearts will bring maybe 2,000/2,500 less. A lot depends on how much we make from TV - perhaps £30,000?

From sporting perpsective, maybe the Aberdeen V Kilmarnock game is marginally the game of the round, but commercially our game is more attractive to TV "companies". Its the away supports that will be hit most and the BBC has rightly calculated that more Hearts fans will watch the game on TV than Killie fans. In such calculations, might is always right.

From what I can read online the club's were voting at the start of season to lower TV money from £85k to £32k per club when they feature. Balance was distributed to later stages in competition to ensure clubs who lucked out and got a TV game in the early rounds but we're pumped out did not ending up making more money than clubs who weren't televised but exited a couple rounds later. As an aside, the prize money for the Scottish Cup is an absolute rid neck.

Talk of full houses and more fans than usual at FP is mental IMO. Regardless of the day/time.

I don't think so.

We took our full home support to Hampden for a semi against Rangers. We took a third of our home support to Dundee in the last round. There's no reason to think that Hearts can't bring a quarter of their home support for this game.

Our last Scottish Cup Quarter Final was vs Aberdeen at Fir Park on a Sunday and on TV. The attendance was 7640.

I don't think so.

We took our full home support to Hampden for a semi against Rangers. We took a third of our home support to Dundee in the last round. There's no reason to think that Hearts can't bring a quarter of their home support for this game.

Our last Scottish Cup Quarter Final was vs Aberdeen at Fir Park on a Sunday and on TV. The attendance was 7640.

I very much doubt that Hearts will bring anything like 4,000 to the game.

We took 1000 fans to Easter Road earlier this season.

Hearts have four times our home support. They should be selling this out no problem.

I'd love to see how our away support proportionately compares to other clubs.

We do seem to take a decent crowd every couple of games. Not sure if it's more or less than other "provincial" clubs but proportionately I'm fairly sure it shits all over the city clubs.

Do Rangers and Celtic even sell out the south stand when they visit?

I'd love to see how our away support proportionately compares to other clubs.

We do seem to take a decent crowd every couple of games. Not sure if it's more or less than other "provincial" clubs but proportionately I'm fairly sure it shits all over the city clubs.

Do Rangers and Celtic even sell out the south stand when they visit?

Reduced capacity due to earlier visits

Looking back, slightly surprised to see we had over 8300 at the midweek United replay in 2011. Dont recall United having a massive support that night so maybe there is scope for us to get more than 4.5k for Hearts.

The busses poured into town that night

Looking back, slightly surprised to see we had over 8300 at the midweek United replay in 2011. Dont recall United having a massive support that night so maybe there is scope for us to get more than 4.5k for Hearts.

What a performance that night!

Absolute scenes at Murphys brilliant opener!

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic