Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

10 hours ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Unsurprisingly, Hearts have sold their initial 3.5k allocation. Surely guaranteed to sell out the south now. Cracking atmosphere in prospect.

I saw that on Twitter and a related discusion involving some of the broadsheet jouranlists who think quite highly of themselves.  A couple of things came to mind though.

Why would we give them an initial allocation of 3500 when the South Stand holds 4800? Even allowing for the potential for the last two blocks at the front to be cordoned for segregration or that they still haven't got the amber coloured seats in, that seems and odd figure.

The scribes who visit Fir Park every week( clearly) attempted to suggest we open the back tier of the South Stand as standard in preference to the front because it was cheaper when in reality that only happens in exceptional circumstances and generally weather related.

There was a presumption that Hearts would go on to sell out and Motherwell would be faced with a dilemma about handing over a wing of the POD Stand and being outnumbered by Hearts fan. I'm sure most people couldn't give a shit if we were outnumbered by Jambos as long as all 'Well fans who wish to be there can do so, suitably segregated.....and we pump them!

But aye, the more of them the merrier both for atmosphere, adding to the sense of occasion and for boosting the kitty.

54 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Why would we give them an initial allocation of 3500 when the South Stand holds 4800? Even allowing for the potential for the last two blocks at the front to be cordoned for segregration or that they still haven't got the amber coloured seats in, that seems and odd figure.

Agree that doesn' t make much sense Andy.  Allowing for cordoned off seats I'd have thought about 4,300 maybe?

4 hours ago, Andy_P said:

I saw that on Twitter and a related discusion involving some of the broadsheet jouranlists who think quite highly of themselves.  A couple of things came to mind though.

The scribes who visit Fir Park every week( clearly) attempted to suggest we open the back tier of the South Stand as standard in preference to the front because it was cheaper when in reality that only happens in exceptional circumstances and generally weather related.

There was a presumption that Hearts would go on to sell out and Motherwell would be faced with a dilemma about handing over a wing of the POD Stand and being outnumbered by Hearts fan. I'm sure most people couldn't give a shit if we were outnumbered by Jambos as long as all 'Well fans who wish to be there can do so, suitably segregated.....and we pump them!

But aye, the more of them the merrier both for atmosphere, adding to the sense of occasion and for boosting the kitty.

I was thrown by the initial 3,500 but the gossip suggests that if the away team doesn’t sell out their requested allocation, they have to cover the cost. If so, Hearts will have been playing it relatively safe. 

1 minute ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I was thrown by the initial 3,500 but the gossip suggests that if the away team doesn’t sell out their requested allocation, they have to cover the cost. If so, Hearts will have been playing it relatively safe. 

That's a new one on me I must admit, but then I also appear to have missed the bit (I think it was steelboy who referred to it) where the TV fee for being shown live had dropped by something like £50k so I'm not doubting that's the case.

I've heard that referred to occasionally in English top flight games and seen it evidenced, for example when a team from the south happen to play midweek at Newcastle for, where there are sections of empty seats in the away section but never in Scotland.

It raises a question about how they could do that, unless the full Hearts allocation is all-ticket, but I would like to think we're not going to  be taking an obstructive position of denying visiting fans the opportunity to buy on the day. It also makes me wonder is it a rule only applicable then to Scottish Cup games. 

I don't really get it I must be honest.

Possibly they were going to have the furthest east side of the South Stand cordoned off but now they have sold the rest it'll be open?

Hopefully we get a good crowd in as well and back the team. The Dundee United quarter final in 2010 was probably the best atmosphere in Fir Park since the 90s.

3500 is a very decent away support. Hopefully our fans turn up as well (and our players!)

The replay v Utd that time was indeed a great night. I loved Murphy’s opener. Such a shame what happened to him!

As for other cup games v Hearts, the one in 1999 when Ged Brannan opened the scoring with a beauty is a personal favourite of mine.

I see according to Evening news that Hearts have secured an extra 1200 tickets !  Some come with restricted views which does indeed mean they must have a section of the home stand.  Unless I am missing something the away stand holds 4500 and that takes their allocation to 4700 and with broken seats must mean at least 4-500 in Main stand ?

I hope our fans turn up in similar numbers.  It would be a bit of a brass neck to be outnumbered in our own stadium.  You expect it against the Old firm but for a 1/4 final of the Scottish cup v any other team......

3 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I see according to Evening news that Hearts have secured an extra 1200 tickets !  Some come with restricted views which does indeed mean they must have a section of the home stand.  Unless I am missing something the away stand holds 4500 and that takes their allocation to 4700 and with broken seats must mean at least 4-500 in Main stand ?

3 hours ago, wellowell said:

Sounds like all these extra tickets are Main as sure a side would be around 1148 with 66 restricted so maybe not filling south stand unless they have to 

I could well be wrong but I read it as them now having the full South Stand rather than impinging upon the POD.

South Stand holds approx. 4800 so the additional tickets would take them to broadly that figure.  

In terms of the restricted view seats I can't recollect which set of away fans it was but I do recollect some comment that from the some seats in the front row of the top tier that you can't actually see the  touchline or the full goalmouth. 

3 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I hope our fans turn up in similar numbers.  It would be a bit of a brass neck to be outnumbered in our own stadium.  You expect it against the Old firm but for a 1/4 final of the Scottish cup v any other team......

Officially the South Stand holds 4,800 but the police may have ordered the club to reduce that to allow for a cordon at the eastern extremity.  If there's restricted view tickets on sale it probably would be the POD Stand, worse luck.  However like Andy I suspect that the South Stand has sold out.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic