Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

Great game of football. One of those games where every player was having at the very least a good game, with a few excellent performances. 

Thought Dunne, Carson and Main were all outstanding but Mchugh deserves all the plaudits for that goal. If we go on to lift the cup (why not dream?) that'll be one of the defining moments. 

16 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Do you not think the home support today was a bit embarrassing?

Not given the circumstances for anyone traveling from outside Lanarkshire. I'm sure a lot of them didn't even bother making plans to head out after the weather chaos earlier in the week. 

And even yesterday,  there were notices about no trains running on Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Not given the circumstances for anyone traveling from outside Lanarkshire. I'm sure a lot of them didn't even bother making plans to head out after the weather chaos earlier in the week. 

And even yesterday,  there were notices about no trains running on Sunday. 

Remind me again where Edinburgh is? Our support was pathetic for a quarter-final.

2 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Remind me again where Edinburgh is? Our support was pathetic for a quarter-final.

The only thing that gets our fans more riled up that not being able to sit in a different seat from their ticket number is when other fans don't go a game that they did.

We won. Settle down.

If you were there, well done. Enjoy the victory instead of wasting your energy slagging off other fans that support the same team as you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

So you fail to see the irony in your comment, that more than 50% of the crowd travelled from outside Lanarkshire - you pathetic pious prick. I will enjoy the moment, but our support was pathetic whatever way you spin it.

Well said, even allowing for people working etc the home turn out was very poor, the Hearts fans turned up in numbers but ours did not which is disappointing

5 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

So you fail to see the irony in your comment, that more than 50% of the crowd travelled from outside Lanarkshire . I will enjoy the moment, but our support was pathetic whatever way you spin it.

Welcome to Steelmen Online.  Yay.

Anyway, delighted with that draw. 

Didn’t realise McHugh misses the semi. Makes the goal that bit more special but it leaves us a huge void to fill. We tend to collapse when he’s missing. 

Stuart ‘bottle merchant’ McCall in the sportscene studio rounds off the day perfectly. 

Regarding crowds, the weather maybe accounts for a couple of hundred travelling from further afield but to be over 1,500 down on what you’d expect is a strange one. 

22 minutes ago, Richie said:

Also, If we win the Semi, we'll be in Europe, no?

(Presuming Celtic win league and Rangers finish 2nd/3rd)

Not 100% sure but I think if we get to final and if it’s  rangers and they beat us, they would take the cup spot and the other euro place would be given to the next highest league position.   Anyways a long way to go before we have to figure that out. 

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic