Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

I'm pretty certain that Lafferty placed his hand on Aldred's back and gave him a slight push.  There was absolutely no need to do that, none whatsoever, and in my book that was a foul.  However I'd rather dwell on our performance and result which propels us into the semis.  It will be good for the whole club and will generate more cash for us. 

It really was an all round  team performance although I'd like to see a bit more from Ciftci, as he's a talented player. 

That was my take on it too and i have waited to watch it on tv again before commenting. Not a dive by Aldred was a slight push but when a player is full tilt and then off balance near a boundary wall he is going to fall in that way. Aldred made nothing of it when he got up.

These cowardly actions can have consequences. I was playing in a game (gk), through ball, defender running back as I came out to collect, forward pushed him in the back, the push meant he lost balance, crashed into me, broke his leg in 2 places and I got off lightly with a severely bruised knee. Forward was taken off then driven away for his own protection in the meantime our man is lying on a pitch for 30 minutes waiting on an ambulance.

Regarding Al B having a go at Aldred each to his own but after a momentous team effort and great result wouldn't it be great just to for once concentrate on the positive.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Clackscat said:

Each to his own but after a momentous team effort and great result it is sad that a Well fan has to find one incident that has no bearing on the outcome to highlight and moan about.

Aye...polite, general discussion. Sad and terrible stuff right enough.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, numpty said:

Keeper had one hand on it when Cadden kicked it, referee deemed keeper had ball under his control. Debatable.

Laws of the game say if a keeper is touching the ball with any part of his hand he is deemed to be "in control" and you cannot kick ball away from him.

I personally think they should re-write the wording to say "touching the ball", would read better.

Main launches a 16 year old into orbit- legend!!

Lafferty breathes on big centre half Aldred who dives- lock him up!!! Shame1!!!!1

People are mental.

Anyway right enjoyed the game.  Mchugh’s goal managed to stir me from my earth shatteringly bad hangover, so it must have been good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

Does anyone think that maybe us having the game off midweek helped us as Hearts definitely looked jaded the first half, so maybe the Beast from the East helped us?

Not sure if it helped us, but I think overall we are fitter. 

That showed towards the end of the game. After we weathered the storm in the second half we were still able to take the game to them. Same as the last game at Tynecastle.

I don't really care now about what was or wasn't a foul / goal, I just love beating Hearts. :woop: (Get it right up ye Levein)

As to the Game, I thought Carson, Tait, Dunne, McHugh, Campbell and Main were outstanding, Kipre, penalty  excepted, was decent as was Cadden, Tanner tried hard but made a couple of bad decisions on the break, Aldred possibly looked too "up for it" and made a few hurried clearances when a cooler head would have helped us keep possession and take the sting out of Hearts when they were on top and Ciftci was dissappointing. Bowman and Frear contributed in a positive sense and Rose wasn't on long enough for me to form an opinion.

Special mention to the referees, I don't know which one was worse, Dallas or Naismith. :cheese:

2 hours ago, grumpy said:

I don't really care now about what was or wasn't a foul / goal, I just love beating Hearts. :woop: (Get it right up ye Levein)

Yes its time to move on and just savour what the team achieved yesterday.  Whatever else the lads have shown character and an unshakeable will to win this season.  

Leslie still a papermaking town. ^_^

20 minutes ago, ropy said:

I need this game to be on the Saturday, Sky will show both games, who will decide which game happens when, and when will it be decided.

Last 3  years the semi finals have been lunchtime Sat and Sun. With the last 2 years showing old firm on the Sunday.  So I think there is a very good chance we'll be the Saturday pick.

Hopefully a Killie vs Motherwell Semi Final. I'm still fucked from Pittodrie, what an away day that was.

Scottish Cup is weird, usually see's big away supports and lower than normal home supports. That said we got 4,000+ vs Brora when it wasn't on the season ticket but I think that's just the SC effect for now.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic