Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hopefully a Killie vs Motherwell Semi Final. I'm still fucked from Pittodrie, what an away day that was.

Scottish Cup is weird, usually see's big away supports and lower than normal home supports. That said we got 4,000+ vs Brora when it wasn't on the season ticket but I think that's just the SC effect for now.

Agree on crowds - for previous round v Dundee their home support was circa 3000 and we took 1500. 3000 is at least 1-1500 lower than normal for Dundee. Plus it was not on TV

V Hearts we had around 3000 which is disappointing for a home quarter final.  But it was live on Council TV and the sh1te weather leading up to game would have knocked many hundreds from the gate. 

As to the semi-final.  Not too bothered who we get.  Arguably Killie at the moment are as good as Aberdeen but then again you think we would be closer in terms of squad profile / players.  Also it would be good to have either Motherwell or Killie in a final rather than Aberdeen.  So Killie is my choice.

If it was Killie then you would be lucky to get 20,000 which would still be decent if both teams took around 10,000. But I would prefer Tynecastle or Easter Rd and fill it out.  

Anyway we can sit back and look on a week tonight.  Will be rooting for Killie but have a feeling Aberdeen may actually be better away from home.

22 minutes ago, wellowell said:

Wonder what end of Hampden we will get ?

Its a nonsense isn't it and simply highlights the SFA's bias?

If there is any logic to it then it will depend on who we play.  If Aberdeen prevail then you'd imagine we'd have the west end and if Killie prevail then we'd have the east end.  Time will tell.   

Of course, we can help stamp it out by refusing to call them that; Hampden has North, South, East and West stands so that's the only way we should refer to them.  (And to be fair, I'm not sure I've heard anyone from the SFA refer to the "Rangers" or "Celtic" ends in many a year, though of course they clearly do stick to that tradition when allocating tickets.)

We should definitely push for the East Stand.

The comparison between East Stand for the Semi Final and West Stand for the Final was night and day.

Off at Polmadie, few hundred yards along the road and the bus is parked up and you're in the Montford Arms, pint in hand in less than 5 minutes after coming off the motorway.

Contrast that to the pissing about at the Final, going right past the cut off at Polmadie, spending the next half an hour stuck in traffic jams and doing a near full circuit of Hampden was murder and definitely impinged upon the pre-game build up.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

We should definitely push for the East Stand.

The comparison between East Stand for the Semi Final and West Stand for the Final was night and day.

Off at Polmadie, few hundred yards along the road and the bus is parked up and you're in the Montford Arms, pint in hand in less than 5 minutes after coming off the motorway.

Contrast that to the pissing about at the Final, going right past the cut off at Polmadie, spending the next half an hour stuck in traffic jams and doing a near full circuit of Hampden was murder and definitely impinged upon the pre-game build up.

I was about to post something similar.  Coming along the M74 from Motherwell it definitely make sense for us to have the East Stand.

2 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

I never understood that to be honest, Scottish football is a joke when it comes to petty things like this.

Neither did I. But having done the Hampden tour recently, it apparently stems from way back when fans travelled from the East end or the South side of Glasgow on foot and the decision was made on the basis of the ease of getting them into the ground without too much difficulty. 

As I say, that's the reason the official SFA Hampden tour gives...

5 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

I never understood that to be honest, Scottish football is a joke when it comes to petty things like this.

I thought the west stand was the Motherwell end and the east stand the United end, I suppose any of our fans would have to be over 27 year old to know that. Sad I know, but anytime I talk about Hampden that's how I refer to the ends, never call it after any of the ugly sisters.

3 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Neither did I. But having done the Hampden tour recently, it apparently stems from way back when fans travelled from the East end or the South side of Glasgow on foot and the decision was made on the basis of the ease of getting them into the ground without too much difficulty. 

As I say, that's the reason the official SFA Hampden tour gives...

There are probably more Rangers than Celtic areas in the East End but it does make sense to keep them at the same ends for segregation. The Toryglen side of the ground is probably unrecognisable now to when it started though.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Kilmarnock or Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/07/18 TBC

Apparently its because Celtic are East and Rangers West, which is fine against each other, but bollocks for example when Rangers played St Mirren and we played Celtic, us both being futher west and east respectively.

They also, if I'm correct, always get the same dressing rooms.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Given the criticism the view from behind the goals gets, could we not get away with using the North and South. That would make for a decent atmosphere even if the attendance is 15k.

Thinking back to the semi against St Johnstone, we had 8,000 split across 3 stands which was ridiculous. 

That makes sense to me but they'll have a pricing policy which means they have to charge full whack for those stands and we'll have some supporters who want to sit behind the goal due to the reduced cost.

• Like 1

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic