Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

9 minutes ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

I could be wrong here but I think a large part of it is the prize for winning tomorrow is more than likely a final against Celtic again. You can be as optimistic as you want about it but I think almost all of know deep down that in that situation you are more than likely in for a disappinting day as we have already suffered this season. I think this is probably what has kept most peoples excitment in check.

You could well be right Yoshi - just hope the players don't have the same mind set - I'm sure they won't. We get to so few showpiece games, that I find it really strange that the potential next game should have such an effect on the feelings for this one. These are one-off games and as @Squirrelhumper says further back the thread "You never know".

Does seem quite low key but I see Flow has tweeted to thank fans who have bought tickets with “well over” double our average core home support. Suggests to me we have sold 7000+ much like the Rangers league cup semi. That does not suggest apathy but a very decent effort. 

Apart from the one we won (in my lifetime) all other finals have been v old firm and will be same this time around. You think back to Hearts v Gretna or St Johnstone v Dundee Utd or Aberdeen v Inverness. They may have beaten old firm en route but most of our rivals who have won cups recently were NOT playing the Old firm in finals. Just the way it seems to be......

There are quite a few reasons for the low key nature of the game.  Quite a few folk are on holiday, as you will know very Iain,  and thats not something that would've happened so much at Easter say 10  years ago.  I knew many older fans, no longer with us, who would have given their eye teeth to have had the privilege of watching us at Hampden in a semi but rarely got the chance.  We, that is the fans, have been very fortunate this season to be at Hampden at least 3 times.  IF Aberdeen bring can bring twice their average home crowd then we're looking at a healthy 35,000.  My guess is about 19-22K.    

2 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Does seem quite low key but I see Flow has tweeted to thank fans who have bought tickets with “well over” double our average core home support. Suggests to me we have sold 7000+ much like the Rangers league cup semi. That does not suggest apathy but a very decent effort. 

Apart from the one we won (in my lifetime) all other finals have been v old firm and will be same this time around. You think back to Hearts v Gretna or St Johnstone v Dundee Utd or Aberdeen v Inverness. They may have beaten old firm en route but most of our rivals who have won cups recently were NOT playing the Old firm in finals. Just the way it seems to be......

I've seen us win Scottish against Falkirk and League Cup against Celtic.

We had 26k at the final against Falkirk and 13k against Celtic.

The atmosphere at the Celtic game from our end was much, much better. Less day trippers and more hardcore.

Trust me, beating one of the arse cheeks in the final is well worth the times you go to finals and lose 3-0 to them. Especially when you beat Ayr in the Semis. We took 5k more to the semi final than we did to the final!

4 minutes ago, faddythedaddy said:

Dunne 25/1 anytime, I know he hasn’t scored for us yet.

Does he go forward for corners and free kicks? Can’t remember 

He scored on his debut vs Morton. Generally he's in the box at corners.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I've seen us win Scottish against Falkirk and League Cup against Celtic.

We had 26k at the final against Falkirk and 13k against Celtic.

The atmosphere at the Celtic game from our end was much, much better. Less day trippers and more hardcore.

Trust me, beating one of the arse cheeks in the final is well worth the times you go to finals and lose 3-0 to them. Especially when you beat Ayr in the Semis. We took 5k more to the semi final than we did to the final!

Don't recall beating Falkirk in a Scottish Cup Final or Celtic in League Cup Final? What game does the 13k refer to? Maybe I've misread your post.

24 minutes ago, wellowell said:

Ecosse squirrelhumper is a Killie fan so just saying Old Firm are beatable in finals 

Correct haha.

When we beat Ayr in the Semi, many fans treated it as the final as we had Celtic in the Final and they were going for the treble and on a crazy unbeaten run.

All I'm saying is you never know.  They are far from unbeatable.

Good luck.

• Like 3

Not really buying all the 'low key' chat. It's not often we get to Hampden and I'm buzzing tonight. We have a real chance tomorrow.

Team:

Carson

Kipre Aldred Dunne

Tait Campbell Rose Cadden Frear

Main Bowman

I appreciate the points regarding Ciftci's quality but he's done very little in a Motherwell shirt to prove he merits a place ahead of Bowman. To me, Bowman and Main have worked reasonably well together.

Bigi is a possibility tomorrow but as good as he is technically I think this game would pass him by like the majority of the season has.

We need to have a game plan against McKenna and co as in the last encounter they had our front line in their back pocket.

Well I'm waiting at the airport waiting to fly back from holiday and am starting to get excited now. Away with another family and fortunately the other guy insisted on this flight home as he's a Celtic supporter and assumed they would be in the semi (bit presumptuous of him). The new deals announcement has helped to get me in the mood as well. 

• Like 1

Here we go folks
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/scottish-cup/why-stephen-robinson-should-be-derek-mcinnes-successor-at-aberdeen-1-4723407
In another article in the same paper we're compared to Millwall....nobody likes us we don't care etc. etc.
The article is hugely complimentary to Robbo, the team, and the club, including also our social media output and is more indepth than the tabloids. Mind you its usually the Old Firm that get compliant media to print 'unsettling' stories. For what its worth I don't think this is that, and won't cause any issue at all.

FWIW Robbo is highly thought of at Adeen and if he kicks us on again next season it is inevitable that bigger clubs will circle. That said the foundations of the club are being improved such that we will be in a much better place going forward whoever is in charge.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

I hope there's more enthusiasm within the squad for this game, than there seems to be among the support. Don't think I've ever witnessed such a 'low-key' build up for a semi-final in all the years I've been following the 'well. Just doesn't seem to be much appetite for the game at all :huh:

If it's of any help D, I'm buzzin'

Bring it on &

MON RA DOSSERS :woop::woop:

2 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

COYW!!  getting more excited now.  Really want us to get to this final and beat whichever ugly sister makes it. How good would that be?   I don't recall us ever making 2 finals in the one year so even that in itself would be something to remember.

and the final is the 19th,,,,,, and your not back till the 30th,,,,,, :biggrin::biggrin:

1 hour ago, Lukemfc1 said:

Not really buying all the 'low key' chat. It's not often we get to Hampden and I'm buzzing tonight. We have a real chance tomorrow.

Team:

Carson

Kipre Aldred Dunne

Tait Campbell Rose Cadden Frear

Main Bowman

I appreciate the points regarding Ciftci's quality but he's done very little in a Motherwell shirt to prove he merits a place ahead of Bowman. To me, Bowman and Main have worked reasonably well together.

Bigi is a possibility tomorrow but as good as he is technically I think this game would pass him by like the majority of the season has.

We need to have a game plan against McKenna and co as in the last encounter they had our front line in their back pocket.

grimshaw will be in the middle of the park with campbell