Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

Even Willie Miller thinks we deserved it!

"Liam Grimshaw played his part in what was a magnificent team performance from Motherwell. Their spirit has been great and they fully deserve to be 3-0 up. Stevie Robinson and all his players should be proud of what they have done today."
  • Like 1

BBC quote :

It would be easy to point to Aberdeen’s failings which should be highlighted. Defensively, they were atrocious at key moments.

The fact is Motherwell punished them ruthlessly and held them at bay with ease. They deserve to go through on what was a memorable day for their supporters.

We’ve had far better teams, and better seasons results-wise, but watching us body the “bigger” teams this season has been something. 

Main, Grimshaw, and Bowman all put in some shift. Not to say anyone was below par, as you don’t beat Aberdeen 3-0 without everyone contributing, but those three really stood out for me.

I just happen to be home at the time of the final too, so that’s nice!

Caught the second half so great defending all around. Congratulations to everyone. I think both Rangers and Celtic will have seen they can't take us for granted, so good luck to the lads in the final. Hope the team makes some money this year with two finals. Plaudits to the manager, great result with a small squad to get into both finals.

Marvellous stuff. We play a certain way which misses out the midfield and it isn't pleasing on the eye at times but for effort togetherness and sheer determination wow superb. We've got the bottle now for big occasions and yes Aberdeen were shit but WHO CARES.....Two finals is a fantastic achievement..

With the continued media chat about Aberdeen "missing three key players" let's not forget we were missing McHugh, Tanner and Hartley - three key players of our own.

Also, after all the refereeing complaints we've had recently, thought Clancy didn't put a foot wrong today (although Dons fans might argue about Tait's hand ball).

16 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Marvellous stuff. We play a certain way which misses out the midfield and it isn't pleasing on the eye at times but for effort togetherness and sheer determination wow superb. We've got the bottle now for big occasions and yes Aberdeen were shit but WHO CARES.....Two finals is a fantastic achievement..

Exactly, That's why I like the BBC quote I posted just a few above yours.

impressive Cup run, in that it's all SPFL teams and GD of 9 to 1   Just hope we can carry that all the way and come out on top. That would be a terrific achievement. Well it is already a terrific achievement to reach both finals in the same season but I'd love to see this group of grafters get a winners medal   COYW

Accies 2-0

Dundee 2-0

Hearts 2-1

Aberdeen 3-0

First things first, since the Final is our 5th trip to Hampden this season when do we get assigned our own end going forward?

Tremendous effort from all today, so many terrific memories made from this season. Nice to get a bit of retribution on Aberdeen from previous cup matches. Above all another Final to look forward too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

I'm on iPlayer, but this stream seems decent for me.

http://live.drakulawidget.com/streamvideo10/motherwell-vs-aberdeen-live-stream-4636524.html

If you see a message about flash being out of date just click "Close and Start Watching"

Thanks WeeYin   Stream worked great