Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

This does my head in too, however I doubt we will be the ones to challenge it.

Would love us to challenge it......just to see the response.....logistically we should get east stand,but it's never happened in all the time we have played them at Hampdump in my lifetime.....I'm sure they toss for changing rooms ????

14 minutes ago, SuperSteelman said:

Does anyone think we could sell out half the stadium?  We’ve done it before and I think we should be asking for half as it’s the Scottish Cup final. Even if just annoys the Tims it’s worth it.

25,000? I doubt it. If we manage 10 or 12,000 I think that would be a great effort.

Happy to be proved wrong, though.

We took 16'000 in 2011 and noises from the club was that we could've taken many, many more. 

I could see us hitting that number again. I've already had a few folk who live down south and weren't fussed about the league cup asking about tickets. The Scottish Cup is definitely held in higher regard (rightly so). 

There's definitely an affinity between the fans and this current squad which so if  the club keep the buzz going on and off the pitch I could see us taking 16'000 again.

With one or two exceptions I would imagine the arrangements will largely replicate those of the League Cup Final. 

I would like to think we'll have Section A of West Stand, half the Main Stand and the top tier of the Main Stand as our starting point. Depending upon demand that would potentially leave blocks of Section B (wank wank wank) and the top tier of the Main Stand to be handed over to Celtic if we don't require them.

In an ideal world we would get a 50/50 split but the reality is there just isn't the demand and it would cost the club money to have blocks of empty seats sitting unused if in the unlikely event the SFA would sanction us getting a 50/50 split.

The profile of the Scottish Cup is higher than that of the League Cup Final so perhaps we might get closer to the 17,000 odd of the 2011 Scottish Cup Final than the 13,000 odd from the League Cup Final just past.  That to me would be a reasonable point to begin our negotiations and in being seen to be reasonable, should it come into play, I would hope the club would push for and the SFA would be amenable to some kind of setup where the first couple of rows of the top tier of the Main Stand remain unsold to prevent a repeat of the scenario where 'Well fans were "coming under fire" from Celtic fans above.

19 minutes ago, CoF said:

We took 16'000 in 2011 and noises from the club was that we could've taken many, many more. 

I could see us hitting that number again. I've already had a few folk who live down south and weren't fussed about the league cup asking about tickets. The Scottish Cup is definitely held in higher regard (rightly so). 

There's definitely an affinity between the fans and this current squad which so if  the club keep the buzz going on and off the pitch I could see us taking 16'000 again.

16,000 would be an excellent turnout.

Although it might have to be 15,999 because I don't think I'll be able to make it for this one.

• Like 1

Just recovering from yesterday. And what a great day it was.  I thought we were in for a bad day after the first 10 minutes but after the first goal went in, it settled us down and when the second went in a few minutes later there was only going to be one winner - us.

We have certainly had better football playing teams than the present one BUT we have never had one with more drive, heart and will to win.  Everyone played their part and our real strength is the way the players all play, work and battle for each other - our whole is better than the sum of our parts.  Been supporting the Dossers for a very long time now with many, many heartaches but I never in my wildest dreams thought we would be in our two national cup finals in one season. What an achievement. Everyone at the club is to be applauded, from the manager downwards for lifting the club up again after the past couple of seasons.  Win or lose in the final I'll still be proud to be a 'Well fan.

1 hour ago, El Grew said:

Just recovering from yesterday. And what a great day it was.  I thought we were in for a bad day after the first 10 minutes but after the first goal went in, it settled us down and when the second went in a few minutes later there was only going to be one winner - us.

We have certainly had better football playing teams than the present one BUT we have never had one with more drive, heart and will to win.  Everyone played their part and our real strength is the way the players all play, work and battle for each other - our whole is better than the sum of our parts.  Been supporting the Dossers for a very long time now with many, many heartaches but I never in my wildest dreams thought we would be in our two national cup finals in one season. What an achievement. Everyone at the club is to be applauded, from the manager downwards for lifting the club up again after the past couple of seasons.  Win or lose in the final I'll still be proud to be a 'Well fan.

Just so.

Like almost everyone here, I don't like Kick 'n' Rush and we rarely see the C&A version  but our players have a tremendous team spirit which comes from the manager. I'm sure he felt he was just building a team  to scrap and survive this year and that he could gradually add the  fantoosh frills later. We've had much better football teams in the past, from the Ancell Babes on, who won absolutely nothing.  Result: "many heartaches".

This XI is super fit and tough and never give in and we may have some footballing surprises up our sleeve when we play The All-Conquering Ones/Sons of The Saint. The team will be prepared in a highly professional way and if we can get the first goal, who knows?

Behind  the smirk and  Perma-tan, Brendan may be secretly worried that our organisation and commitment can derail The Great Sellick Dream.

Imagine an upstart "physical" wee Diddy Team doing that: the stuff of his nightmares.

2 hours ago, SuperSteelman said:

Does anyone think we could sell out half the stadium?  We’ve done it before and I think we should be asking for half as it’s the Scottish Cup final. Even if just annoys the Tims it’s worth it.

Do we receive 50% of the gate receipts ? If so I would rather we look at maximising income and if we are highly likely to take no more than 16,000 give a larger percentage to Celtic. 

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

It's up to the polis who gets allocated what stand.

No point in wasting time our money challenging anything.

Wasting money ?????? Why would it cost us money to question where our fans would be sitting in a cup final in the so called national stadium ????

the M74 now nearly runs a single corridor from Motherwell to Aikenhead road to the east stand at Hampden and the associated coach parking 

Its what is totally wrong  with Scottish football that we pander to  the west of Scotland  establishment/ press/media/old firm fans etc etc who decide a on the monopoly of where supporters sit at a cup semi/ final....it's not rangers end/ Celtic end it s the west and east stands Ffs !!!Because it been the case for the last 40/50/60years ago !!!!

Unfortunately Police Scotland and its predecessors Stathclyde Police......who could not organise a piss up in a brewery when it comes to policing football as we have seen many times over the last few years as the  green brigade runs riot every where they go and the ftp brigade goes un challenged on the other-side !!!!

Cracking day yesterday,looking forward to the final no matter where we sit !!!! Xxxxxxx

• Like 3

If we spend 1 hr paying someone to question or complain about something the polis are not going to change, then that is 1hr of salary wasted.

If we are serious about challenging the power the OF wields, the time to speak up would have been when we voted in favour of the current league format, voted in favour of the current TV revenue sharing, voted in favour of the league prize money allocation, voted in favour of the current league voting structure etc.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not going to let which end of Hampden I might sit in spoil my day. It might have been different when it was terracing and only one end was covered, but these days one wee plastic seat without enough leg room is much like another.

Thought you couldnae make this one ???

wont spoil my day.........just the usual same old same old that will continue if we just sit down and take it

the polis are just using the same old template to police the game that's been passed down from for years and years nobody has the sense/ bottle to change it 

I think you've answered your own question there as to exactly why they won't change it Petty - namely that the setup has been handed down year after year, decade after decade.

I don't think anyone is likely to disagree with your point and I completely agree it's a complete pain in the arse having to do a tour of Glasgow and have your nose rubbed in it by passing that Polmadie cut off.  But the very fact they have upwards of 60% who know where their buses will park, what train station they generally get pointed to and what turnstiles they should go to and have done so pretty much every time they've played at Hampden is exactly the reason why the police won't sanction turning those plans on it head.

27 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

I think you've answered your own question there as to exactly why they won't change it Petty - namely that the setup has been handed down year after year, decade after decade.

I don't think anyone is likely to disagree with your point and I completely agree it's a complete pain in the arse having to do a tour of Glasgow and have your nose rubbed in it by passing that Polmadie cut off.  But the very fact they have upwards of 60% who know where their buses will park, what train station they generally get pointed to and what turnstiles they should go to and have done so pretty much every time they've played at Hampden is exactly the reason why the police won't sanction turning those plans on it head.

I'm having a go at our football establishment/back ward policing

Will show my age and quote Jerry Dammers 

It doesn't make it alright 
It's the worst excuse in the world 
And it, it doesn't make it alright 

Just because you're  nobody.........and that's they way we are treated

SIWY

42 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:
It's the worst excuse in the world 
And it, it doesn't make it alright 

Just because you're  nobody.........and that's they way we are treated

If you gave a mention to Stiff Little Fingers and I would backed you the way. :-)

If the SFA want to get away from 'It's all about the Old Firm' it would be a fine start to announce that the 'home team get the West Stand'.

5 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Would love us to challenge it......just to see the response.....logistically we should get east stand,but it's never happened in all the time we have played them at Hampdump in my lifetime.....I'm sure they toss for changing rooms ????

I don't disagree with your general point, but I do remember a mid-eighties cup semi versus the green uglies when we had the uncovered end (traditionally known as the Celtic end :bad:). 1984 I think, the first game finished 1-1, McAllister for us and Tommy Burns with the equaliser, Willie McVie missed a sitter late on, needless to say, we lost the replay 3-0.