Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

Watching the Hartley video on MFC TV made me think - if Hartley gets himself match fit over the next few weeks, does Aldred get the heave for the final? 

As much as I like Hartley and what he brings to the team, I think I'd be sticking with Aldred.

17 minutes ago, CoF said:

Hartley does have a goal in him though...

I hadn’t considered that, because Aldred has been so good, particularly in the semi I thought, you can’t drop him, but Hartley not a bad option to have in reserve.

Main for Moult and Aldred for Hartley have been completely seemless! Great work by Robinson and his team.

It’s early days, but Main could eclipse Moult, in fact he could go down as a legend up with Stevie Kirk if things go our way in 4 weeks time....

16 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Talk of Arsenal interested in St Brenda. Hopefully it may upset the tattie cart.

Personally I don’t think there is a cat in hells chance of him taking over at Arsenal. Not exactly a difficult job at Celtic when you can just outspend everyone else.

Personally I don’t think there is a cat in hells chance of him taking over at Arsenal. Not exactly a difficult job at Celtic when you can just outspend everyone else.
And you have supporters and directors who seem to accept horrendous spankings in European games

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Haggischomper said:

Not talk from arsenal, I'd bet. Brenda is a complete fud. Only Levein is fuddier, despite McCann putting in a strong shout lately

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

McCann has lost the plot lately! I didn't mind him from his Sky pundit time, but he does seem to be going a bit mental.

The only time the Scottish media talk up any part of our game is when they are touting an OF player or manager for a move south. Given the calibre of manager Arsenal is bound to attract, I can't see them giving Brenda the time of day.

The only chance of Brenda going to Arsenal exists in the fantasyland of the great unwashed. There is absolutely no chance of him going to London. He had his chance against the big boys in the Premiership when he was at Liverpool and was found out pretty quickly and sent packing.

25 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Strongly fancied Hibs today. Perfect example of how you can beat Celtic via a style of play we are very familiar with. 

If we can avoid injuries between now and 19 May and Celtic are slightly off it, we are in with a right good chance here. 

Don’t think Celtic need to be ‘slightly off it’ really, they’ve been average all season, or since the turn of the year at the very least. That defence of theirs is horse shit, and they haven’t had to properly deal with Curtis Main yet. I think he’ll have a field day against Ajer and Hendry. 

4 hours ago, swami said:

Don’t think Celtic need to be ‘slightly off it’ really, they’ve been average all season, or since the turn of the year at the very least. That defence of theirs is horse shit, and they haven’t had to properly deal with Curtis Main yet. I think he’ll have a field day against Ajer and Hendry. 

Aye but will the ref allow us to play our normal style or will he protect them? 

46 minutes ago, stuwell said:

Aye but will the ref allow us to play our normal style or will he protect them? 

I think we need to stop worrying about refs. We’ve had as many decisions go our way than against us of late and seen off every other “big team”. We just need to contentrate on doing what works for us and let’s the others worry.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I think we need to stop worrying about refs. We’ve had as many decisions go our way than against us of late and seen off every other “big team”. We just need to contentrate on doing what works for us and let’s the others worry.

Beginning to think you're right. The Mutton Molesters could have had a free kick when the ball hit Tait's arm and Bowman might have been deemed to have pushed the defender at his goal.

My only concern is that, against Ra Sellick, the rub of the green (NPA) would not be coming our way.

Think we just need to go for it in berserker mode and feck the refereeing situation.

COYW!

20 hours ago, swami said:

Isn't Hendry also cup-tied? Means there’s a greater likelihood it’s Ajer and Boyata, and he’d certainly have a field day with that pair

• Like 1