Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

2 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

How many buses has the club put on ?

I'm booked on one of the 100 club buses........ Don't know how many sammy is running ....was on coach 8 for the semi

who else is running a bus/buses ????

We're on bus 11 from there

Tickets arrived down in London today so fair play to them on the quick turnaround after ordering on Monday. 

Hopefully the deal with ticketmaster next season allows me to get a bit more input as to where exactly I'm sitting when we make it to semi's and finals again. :lol:

If we don't sell our initial allocation I really do despair.  We don't get to finals often and if we have any chance we need a big support. This could be the greatest victory we have had in ages so no watching it on telly.....get yer a**e to Fir Park and get tickets bought...COYW

We've got what these days? 4,000 regulars? Even if there are double that in occasional/long distance attendees, that still only takes us up to 12,000.

I suspect if it wasn't one of the OF we were up against, there may have been a few more occasional fans that made an effort to come along.

I really hope the ticket numbers are higher than being reported. Im a little bemused if there really is such a slow uptake. Im going in a group of ten out of whom Im the only regular attender due to geographical reasons. I figured most folk would be in a similar position with folk coming from far and wide. The Scottish Cup has always had that draw for clubs like ours....

8 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

So how do we beat these arseholes? Do we think the refereeing team will be conscious of their antics or scared of how many work colleagues will give them shit in the days after if they do the right thing

We go out and play our normal game. Do what we did to Aberdeen twice (League Cup and Semi) and to Rangers (League Cup). Press from the front, get in their faces and see where it takes us. Id like Steven McLean as ref. Outwith him anyone but Craig Thomson will do. 

I agree to a degree. We have deferred to them too much in the past, always envied the way the ICT and St Johnstone went at both OF over the past few seasons. The correct game plan for me is a 65-35 split between with coming up with our own way to exploit and nullifying theirs.

A high pressing game will no doubt pay dividends for us but also results in many having little juice in the tank after 70 minutes. I can see Grimshaw and Campbell on fumes getting into the 90th minute. Brown has shown time and time again he can lose it if pressed. Kipre and Dunne need to keep a level head.

I hope Louis gets a comp.

9 hours ago, weeyin said:

We've got what these days? 4,000 regulars? Even if there are double that in occasional/long distance attendees, that still only takes us up to 12,000.

Exactly.

Anyone from the other side who moans about us "only" selling 12,000 odd tickets needs to realise that such a number is the equivalent of Celtic selling 165,000 tickets.

Cannot believe the greeting about how many tickets we have "only" sold.

I'd rather we got 10k folk, with people bringing folk/coming from afar than 16k with Robert fae Bellshill bringing his sister and burd who couldn't give a fuck about it.

9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Cannot believe the greeting about how many tickets we have "only" sold.

I'd rather we got 10k folk, with people bringing folk/coming from afar than 16k with Robert fae Bellshill bringing his sister and burd who couldn't give a fuck about it.

Roberts a raging h*n too. Fuck him and his sister (preferably before he does).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

Anyone know of any buses with space going from the Carluke/ Wishaw/ Motherwell area? Pain in the backside that the club put on so few buses ( I know its not few but you would think they would book more when they sold out so quickly). 

Last three seats on the Shotts bus available if that is of interest?

17 hours ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

Pain in the backside that the club put on so few buses ( I know its not few but you would think they would book more when they sold out so quickly). 

Is it possible that the number was constrained by the Police on the basis of congestion and parking around Fir Park?  Does each bus have to be supervised by a member of staff? 

11 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

If we don't sell our initial allocation I really do despair.  We don't get to finals often and if we have any chance we need a big support. This could be the greatest victory we have had in ages so no watching it on telly.....get yer a**e to Fir Park and get tickets bought...COYW

Well said that man.....

I get that us selling 12,700 tickets is a VERY good effort given our regular fan base, but I perhaps do not understand how we can take 13,000 to a League Cup Final and are (reportedly) struggling to sell same for a much more prestigious tournament and the LAST game of the season before a long summer.  

I guess the dilemna is say we do meet the magical 12,700 figure by next Tuesday. If we only just manage then I suspect there may be little chance of us selling the remaining 2300 even if we have a week and a half to do so. The club will find themselves in a tricky situation potentially. Do they take the risk of asking for more and having a whole section lying empty and all the criticism that would follow not to mention the lower income. 

Lets hope we get a late rush.....

• Like 1