Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

Dunno what the score is but there is zero buzz about this final. 

Zero buzz.. Really? If you can't enjoy being a fan at this time I don't know when you can. 

I've not seen our support so buzzing in a while. The great thing is most fans i've spoken to have faith in the team to pull off an upset (as do i) This is far from being a foregone conclusion.

It's crazy how far we have come in a year, we have the possibility of winning a Scottish cup and playing in Europe next year.. enjoy it

• Like 3

Had a brief but interesting chat with a Celtic fan at work today about the Final.  He was pretty respectful of our abilities and was of a mind that his team would not get an easy ride.  He naturally thinks his team will him but believes we would have a better chance were it not for the fact they secure the double treble by beating us.  He seems to think that regulars as they may be in Cup Finals the significance of the achievement will ensure there will no complacency of their part and they aren't treating this as just another day at Hampden.

I personally don't think a Celtic side going for another treble will be significantly different from one that isn't but it was an interesting view nonetheless.

25 minutes ago, Lukemfc1 said:

The great thing is most fans i've spoken to have faith in the team to pull off an upset (as do i) This is far from being a foregone conclusion.

Going into the semi I couldn't really get up for it as I knew we'd be playing obe of the OF in the final.

Turns out now though that I'm not fazed by the final at all and there's definitely air of quiet confidence about.  I certainly have a feeling we could just pull this off.

All the pressure is on Celtic.

In many ways the build up feels similar to the play-offs.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

I’ll be wearing my lucky Doc Martens socks... :biggrin:

Image result for doc martens socks

Got the very same sox.  Great colours and comfy too. 

Are we up for the cup. Is there a buzz about the place ?   Not sure tbh. 

But as Sir Stevie says if you have an ounce of Claret and Amber about u then get your arse to the final.  To do otherwise would b shameful. 

Win or lose this team deserve a huge amount of respect. Let us not forget that only ONCE in our entire history have we qualified fir 2 Cup finals in a season.  Well twice now. 

Think about it we have been around for 125 years plus. 

Stop fkin about and get your arse to Hampden 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Are we up for the cup. Is there a buzz about the place ?   Not sure tbh. 

I'm looking forward to it, and I dare say I'll be a bag of nerves on the day just as I've been at every other trip to Hampden. But I have to admit, having faced Celtic in our last two finals, I'd probably be a wee bit more excited if we were playing somebody else for a change.

2 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Had a brief but interesting chat with a Celtic fan at work today about the Final.  He was pretty respectful of our abilities and was of a mind that his team would not get an easy ride.  He naturally thinks his team will him but believes we would have a better chance were it not for the fact they secure the double treble by beating us.  He seems to think that regulars as they may be in Cup Finals the significance of the achievement will ensure there will no complacency of their part and they aren't treating this as just another day at Hampden.

I personally don't think a Celtic side going for another treble will be significantly different from one that isn't but it was an interesting view nonetheless.

Any hope we have that they may take their eye off the prize is probably misguided. The new managerial appointment at their fellow bigots will only add to their desire to “make a statement” at Hampden.

We really should not get involved in any of that thinking. Our sole aim has to be on preparing for and giving our best possible performance on the day. If we can do that, I honestly believe we have a chance of getting a result. If we do that, and still get a stuffing, then I can accept that, as long as we give it a go and gave it our best shot.

11 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

I'm singing motherwell songs every day in the car on the way to and from work.  Starting to get the butterflies. We are going to win this thing !!!  COYW

kipre  kipre kipre kipre  when you hear it once, you cant get it out yir heed hahahaha 

End of the day Celtic have more technically gifted players and if they are on top form they are highly likely to have too much for us. If we play our game, high tempo and in their faces and they are not at their best we have a chance, maybe not a huge one but it’s not impossible.

Just a heads up anyone picking up there tickets from telephone sales ive just been told they don't actually allocate your seat until later in the day ie after everyone else buys theres. So when they asked on the phone if you have a preference on seating there's little chance you will get anywhere near it.

For example I asked for nearer the front minutes after the tickets went on sale and got the very back row. Lol..

Also was charged for 8 tickets but given 7, so now I have someone sitting in a completely different section.  Accidents happen but pretty vexing.

Roll on ticketmaster

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lukemfc1 said:

Just a heads up anyone picking up there tickets from telephone sales ive just been told they don't actually allocate your seat until later in the day ie after everyone else buys theres. So when they asked on the phone if you have a preference on seating there's little chance you will get anywhere near it.

For example I asked for nearer the front minutes after the tickets went on sale and got the very back row. Lol..

Also was charged for 8 tickets but given 7, so now I have someone sitting in a completely different section.  Accidents happen but pretty vexing.

Roll on ticketmaster

We've had much the same experience.  I phoned up early on the morning the tickets went on sale but our purchase was held back until last Thursday, 6 days afterwards .  We asked for the South Stand lower and ok thats the stand we were allocated.  However I asked for the rear and didn't get it and was also allocated the west end of the South Stand, which we didn't want.    Not only that our party has been allocated two separate groups of seats 4 rows apart (despite all tickets being ordered at the same time).  If we stick to our allocated seats it means that families will get split.

I appreciate that holding back telephone purchases might be easier administratively for the club but its not convenient for many fans.   Disappointing to say the least! 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the resources available have always dictated that priority be given those buying in person. It’s frustrating, but hopefully will be rectified with the new ticketing system. 

7 hours ago, Katie said:

Unfortunately, the resources available have always dictated that priority be given those buying in person. It’s frustrating, but hopefully will be rectified with the new ticketing system. 

Have they?  We've attended 4 Hampden games this season and bought tickets by telephone for them all and this is the first time this happened.  I was told that we couldn't pick up the tickets until after Thursday but thats not the same as saying they wouldn't be allocated to us until after Thursday and we'd be fitted in at the end so to speak.  A breakdown in communication from the club here.

I have no problem with telephone buyers being kept until the end so long as its made quite clear in advance. 

Certainly yes, when making telephone bookings for both the League Cup Semi Final and Final when preferences were expressed I was advised that no assurance could be given for either a particular section of area within a section because these were being latterly processed, and that as a consequence there would be a delay in being able to collect.

Even if it wasn't explicitly stated on this occasion Dave it realistically seems the only approach they could take with existing staff numbers. Unless they tried to mitigate queues by gettting in a stack of extra people in for what would be an undetermined period or they considered doing what they did in 2011 and had an extra outlet for sales in the town centre itself.

It would seem unlikely that with queues stretching up the street and however many callers pressing re-dial that the staff are going to leave purchasers standing idling in front of them or leave the phones ringing out whilst they nip through repeatedly to what is an already compact ticket office and to try to do the "three from the top and another two of your choice Carol" routine every time a telephone booking comes in.  Not to mention Cooper bus bookings going on also.

Given the conditions they were operating under it seems a fairly common sense approach to me.

As Katie says though hopefully such issues will be resolved going forward.

I appreciate all of that Andy but it should have been made clearer beforehand.  Having bought a block of 21 tickets at the same time for the South Stand I would have thought though that they could have been kept together and not 8 rows (not 4 as I originally thought) apart. A pleasant problem to have I suppose. 

Still things should improve with the new system. 

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Have they?  We've attended 4 Hampden games this season and bought tickets by telephone for them all and this is the first time this happened.  I was told that we couldn't pick up the tickets until after Thursday but thats not the same as saying they wouldn't be allocated to us until after Thursday and we'd be fitted in at the end so to speak.  A breakdown in communication from the club here.

I have no problem with telephone buyers being kept until the end so long as its made quite clear in advance. 

I think I misunderstood your overall point so apologies! 

In my experience that has always been the case, mostly because of the reasons Andy highlighted above. However, it definitely should have been communicated to you at the point of sale. 

Overall though I think the ticket staff have done a very good job this season under difficult circumstances. 

• Like 1