Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

4 hours ago, sailor_h said:

If Thompson is the ref then surely we can appeal this? Seriously. 

On another note: what do you all think about Mchugh? I think he has to be on the bench (or out) Time & time again he  gives the ball away. When will he learn someone is going to get it. But who plays? 

Unless he gets injured, McHugh is a banker to start at Hampden.

26 minutes ago, sailor_h said:

Do you seriously think that’s? He gets the ball took off him from behind ALL the time

I seriously think that Robinson rates him as a player and as a captain and will have him start, yes.

30 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

So for the final I assume assume the goalies, back 3 and front 2 are a given. Its really just the midfield. 

Cadden Campbell Mchugh Tait plus one other.  Grimshaw or Rose ?     How mAny on the bench and who will they be?

Barring any late injuries on Saturday or in training yes, the team will pick itself with the exception of that one midfield position.

Mchugh had a great game against Thistle. Lost the ball once due to a dodgy pass as far as I can remember.

I agree. He won an obscene number of headers in the middle of the park (as he does every week). Our defence has twice as much defending to do when he isn’t in the team.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

So for the final I assume assume the goalies, back 3 and front 2 are a given. Its really just the midfield. 

Cadden Campbell Mchugh Tait plus one other.  Grimshaw or Rose ?     How mAny on the bench and who will they be?

both injured 

rose shoulder / collar  bone

grimshaw  knee

1 hour ago, something else said:

How serious is Grimshaw's knee injury??

Not that bad I wouldn't have thought given the manner of his departure in the St Johnstone game.  Thats assuming of course that he didn't injure it in training. 

• Like 1

On 04/05/2018 at 9:42 PM, joe90 said:

Dunno what the score is but there is zero buzz about this final. 

Can’t comment about the buzz in the home land but my house is proper buzzing.

The whole family is coming up for the game. This will be the Mrs first Well game and the kids first trip to Scotland and the weans are absolutely bouncing with excitement. My boy who’s only 6 knows every one of the squads names to faces and is having dreams about what Hamden is going to be like.

I think the Mrs is secretly more excited about having fritters (just don’t get them down south) and a trip to Cafe Shebab (does anyone recommend a better Indian buffet?) but putting that to one side, she’s even volunteering to wear a motherwell strip. For this to happen, it must truly be a monumental occasion.

on the topic of tickets, I was a telephone purchase and I had to wait. Having suffered by this with proper shite seats in 2011, I can’t fault the staff. A Well daft member of my group is travelling up with a double ankle fracture and is gonna be pretty immobile on the day. The team did a good job (even as a delayed order process) of giving us tickets that will be easier for him.

All the people I speak to have written us off and think I’m daft for being so optimistic but I cannot bloody wait for the game and I honestly think we are gonna piss on their chips.

COYW !!!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gadgey said:

Can’t comment about the buzz in the home land but my house is proper buzzing.

The whole family is coming up for the game. This will be the Mrs first Well game and the kids first trip to Scotland and the weans are absolutely bouncing with excitement. My boy who’s only 6 knows every one of the squads names to faces and is having dreams about what Hamden is going to be like.

I think the Mrs is secretly more excited about having fritters (just don’t get them down south) and a trip to Cafe Shebab (does anyone recommend a better Indian buffet?) but putting that to one side, she’s even volunteering to wear a motherwell strip. For this to happen, it must truly be a monumental occasion.

on the topic of tickets, I was a telephone purchase and I had to wait. Having suffered by this with proper shite seats in 2011, I can’t fault the staff. A Well daft member of my group is travelling up with a double ankle fracture and is gonna be pretty immobile on the day. The team did a good job (even as a delayed order process) of giving us tickets that will be easier for him.

All the people I speak to have written us off and think I’m daft for being so optimistic but I cannot bloody wait for the game and I honestly think we are gonna piss on their chips.

COYW !!!!

Cafe Shebab used to be the best but last time I was there the choice was poor and food was cold (although that was a while ago and I still over deliveries from them). 

Pink Turban is honestly the best around IMO for an Indian. 

• Thanks 1

6911c2a1c5a32efa128eac7c964fef4c.jpg

Stolen from P&B. Looks like Celtic have announced they’ve received extra tickets for the West Stand. Suggests we chose not to take the extra allocation offered to us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

it keeps swelling up like a balloon 

That would be a concern if it does not improve sufficiently for him to be available for selection. 

If he could replicate his performance from the semi. I think he would be just what we need to unsettle or be enough of a nuisance to keep Scott Brown under constant pressure. 

1 hour ago, Dezz said:

6911c2a1c5a32efa128eac7c964fef4c.jpg

Stolen from P&B. Looks like Celtic have announced they’ve received extra tickets for the West Stand. Suggests we chose not to take the extra allocation offered to us?

Maybe we've taken one extra section and celtic the other? 

Yea I thought that might be an option. I wasn’t sure if the extra allocation was an all or nothing thing or if we were able to take a percentage of the extra tickets - not sure how that would work with segregation though.

Hopefully we have taken some extra. The more C&A the better!

21 minutes ago, Dezz said:

Yea I thought that might be an option. I wasn’t sure if the extra allocation was an all or nothing thing or if we were able to take a percentage of the extra tickets - not sure how that would work with segregation though.

Hopefully we have taken some extra. Agree the more C&A the better!

I thought I'd seen a comment on facebook (Wellfans 11) to the effect that some extra tickets were available.  Don't see any reason why the 2 additional sections couldn't be split.  It might be that the club thought we could fill one section but no more. Agree the more C & A the better.