Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

1 hour ago, something else said:

Unfortunately this is what it will all boil down to.

I have to say I hate the conspiracy theories simply because it could also infect the thought processes of the players and their performances. Looking at the two cups this season we have beaten Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen. Personally I think it will boil down to how good we are on the day.

11 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I have to say I hate the conspiracy theories simply because it could also infect the thought processes of the players and their performances. Looking at the two cups this season we have beaten Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen. Personally I think it will boil down to how good we are on the day.

History, if nothing else, would suggest that a dodgy penalty and a dodgy ordering off and we are not winning anything.

1 hour ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I see that total cunt, Tom Boyd, has already had his say on the lack of protection Celtic players (particularly Scott Brown) have been getting from referees recently.

The media are going to be sickening this week

Let them be sickening. We have to be focused on ourselves and our own performance, and not be distracted by things out with our control.

22 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I see that total cunt, Tom Boyd, has already had his say on the lack of protection Celtic players (particularly Scott Brown) have been getting from referees recently.

The media are going to be sickening this week

Boyd is a cretin. The only shit thing that came from winning the cup in 91 was that wank lifting the trophy.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

No point really turning up then ?

Au contraire. We have earned the right to turn up. Sadly, that is no guarantee of getting a fair crack of the whip regarding the big decisions on the day. To assume so would be folly.

I'm not that sure apologists of the likes of Boyd or even maybe Brendan Rogers attempting to influence the referee is going to have that much of an effect to be honest.

I mean really, what whinges can possibly have that aren't immediately going to be trumped by Stephen Robinson rhyming off the  list of decisions that have been proved to be completely and utterly wrong in games against Celtic, when the questions come?

The consequences of those decisions mean that Motherwell hold the moral high ground going into this one. If Robinson were to appeal for fairness or even if he did want to go down the same route and throw in the "decisions balance themselves out" line into the conversation, only really blinkered Celtic sympathisers could really argue against it. 

It obviously won't stop them but anything that comes from Celtic in advance of the Final about refereeing will be seen for exactly for the none too subtle attempt it is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, something else said:

Boyd is a cretin. The only shit thing that came from winning the cup in 91 was that wank lifting the trophy.

Totally agree and the shite he has come out with in the Sunday Mail this morning tells you everything you need to know about him . I hope he never appears at FP ever again 

1 hour ago, The African said:

Au contraire. We have earned the right to turn up. Sadly, that is no guarantee of getting a fair crack of the whip regarding the big decisions on the day. To assume so would be folly.

I’m always of the opinion that we go out and play our game and leave the conspiracy theories to Celtic and Rangers fans on super scoreboard.

This doesn't happen to me, ever, but I had a really vivid 'cup final dream' the other night.

Aldred misheadered a clearance which led to a chance but someone lashed the ball up the park to Main on the corner of the Celtic box who lobbed it into the far away top corner to make it 4-1 to us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuwell said:

Don’t get the Tom Boyd hate thing. He played well for us and has since talked shit - not the first and won’t be the last to do that. 

I agree, no 'Well fan can find fault his performances whilst wearing Claret & Amber but the comments he has made prior to Motherwell v Celtic games let him down and tarnish his reputation in the eyes of 'Well fans whether taken out of context from newspaper articles or not. He talks absolute nonsense when he says that Scott Brown is targeted, he produces no evidence to back up his claim.

26 minutes ago, Katie said:

Can’t decide if Celtic losing today is a good thing or a bad thing... 

Thinking the same but would rather see them struggle than put 5 past Aberdeen. 

You could see they were playing at half pace and next week see an altogether different approach. 

Still may put some doubts in their mind 

2 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Thinking the same but would rather see them struggle than put 5 past Aberdeen. 

You could see they were playing at half pace and next week see an altogether different approach. 

Still may put some doubts in their mind 

For me any defeat for them is good, apart from the hearts game (can’t include sevco as that performance from them was pub team standard)they’ve stuttered in their final half dozen games. They have done since the invincible tag was removed.
If you get a win or defeat the game before a final, there must be a psychological impact?

we’re winning this!!

52 minutes ago, ECOSSE1991 said:

I agree, no 'Well fan can find fault his performances whilst wearing Claret & Amber but the comments he has made prior to Motherwell v Celtic games let him down and tarnish his reputation in the eyes of 'Well fans whether taken out of context from newspaper articles or not. He talks absolute nonsense when he says that Scott Brown is targeted, he produces no evidence to back up his claim.

He also conveniently ignores that Scott Brown dishes out plenty.