Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

38 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Aye 2 cup finals 7th place finish is it a good season is it fuck . Hoof ball football wins nothing manager must take the blame today ,brought on Bigi and we started to play some football . Don't give me that  2 finals in one season pish won f all  struggled all season somhears to you Stephen Robinson thanks for nowt 

Very harsh. Im proud of them. Nearly new team and got us to 2 finals. But for some luck and referee decisions could have maybe won. Do you actually know what Celtics budget is and ours? We are 2nd lowest wages in league. Well done lads!

Edited by robsterwood

I'm not being funny but I can't wrap my head around happy clappers, the " wasn't ment to be patter" just get me wound up, we never showed up and apart from a 15 minute spell Celtic were bang average, we just shat it. 

I think today just proves to all that McHugh litteraly gets a start because he is captain. To be captain and be taken off so early in a final just shows where he should be in the pecking order, if it wasn't for the arm band he would have been warming the bench half the season.

Half of this is just salt rambling but I need to vent. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Very harsh. Im proud of them. Nearly new team and got us to 2 finals. But for some luck and referee decisions could have maybe won. Do you actually know what Celtics budget is and ours? We are 2nd lowest wages in league. Well done lads!

Celtic haven't lost a Scottish Cup Final against anyone other than Rangers or Aberdeen since 1961.  Today was always going to be a uphill task.  Truth is if you get to the semi final stage you are much better off drawing them then because to beat them in the Final requires something exceptional.

Not really talking about today because the players deserved some applause after the match for getting to the final but I do feel as if there has been a sort of 'Tartan Army' mentality creeping into some of our support recently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Careful, you'll go on the happy clappy hit list.

Really? After the culmination of a wonderful cup run and the dejection of failing to win the trophy, the adventure of fans from all over the globe to be there, that's what you choose to open with? 

Anyway, the first half was so incredibly disappointing. We gave them the freedom to run through us with ease. There was nothing to hold on to, nothing that gave you that hope or excitement that the fans deserved today.

The second half, even if the game was effectively over, was far better. Where was that performance in the first half?

Finally, stating the obvious, but the Celtic support really are cretins. I saw one Motherwell fan led off in handcuffs before the game started. Yet, nothing will be said or done about that Palestine 'display' or the IRA songs.

Full credit to the Motherwell fans today. Some might complain but I thought they did the team proud. I'm so flat after that result but I'm still so glad that I was there to see it.

I'm pretty scunnered after that tbh.  We played well within ourselves for 45 minutes. We started playing once the game was effectively over but even then it wasn't anywhere near the intensity and quality we've shown this season. 

Reckon a few months away from Motherwell/football will be good for me.

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

Aye 2 cup finals 7th place finish is it a good season is it fuck . Hoof ball football wins nothing manager must take the blame today ,brought on Bigi and we started to play some football . Don't give me that  2 finals in one season pish won f all  struggled all season somhears to you Stephen Robinson thanks for nowt 

What a lot of nonsense.

• Like 1

I can’t complain, our team cost £10,000 the same amount that most Celtic players are on a week. Despite a positive first half performance the game was lost in the first half. Smaller teams who win these cups normally do it against lesser sides, we have been a little unfortunate that in the two finals we have come up against the best and strongest financially in the league. 

Well I thought we maybe had a 10% chance but really that disappeared after 10 minutes. We just never turned up and they just strolled through our midfield at will. It was all over well before half time. In my view we did exactly  the same in the first 30 minutes as we did in the first cup final, we sat off them and gave them too much credit, that fear factor again. Totally different to the way we went about our business in both the cup semis against Aberdeen and Rangers. Celtic are of course a far better team then either of those two but I just wish we had gone high tempo, in their face from the off. That was really our only chance of success today. But still great season still in my view.

13 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Yes we didnt get started really. Spl is kind oj a joke. Millionsaire clubs against decent pros. Wont miss brenda and sevco if they joined english lower leagues.

Also dont know what irish flags and hamas are to do with Scottish football?

Yes that got me also. Thought the Well fans responded wonderfully with Flower of Scotland.  Surely they should be sanctioned for that shit. Beggars belief that anyone with a brain would support the ugly sisters! But just realised, they are brainless! 

Edited by tintowellfan
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, tintowellfan said:

Yes that got me also. Thought the Well fans responded wonderfully with Flower of Scotland. 

Yes well fans pretty quick response. Be lucky if any of them have a modern studies o level. Never mind knowledge of politics. Suppose were the only scottish team left in cup. So the real scottish winners. 

44 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Yes we didnt get started really. Spl is kind oj a joke. Millionsaire clubs against decent pros. Wont miss brenda and sevco if they joined english lower leagues.

Also dont know what irish flags and hamas are to do with Scottish football?

Thought we performed reasonably, game was killed by two decent goals. A let down but nothing embarassing. Up against the financial and institutional establishment, it'll be tough until something changes.  

What was the thing about Hamas?

I have to say I was embarrassed by some of the foaming at the mouth bigots around me in the well end, nazi salutes in particular.  The palestine thing is virtue signalling wankery, trying to tribalise a serious issue, but some of the sleberring it provoked in our end was just as shite

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Martin said:

10 mins from the end Celtic fans (for reasons fuck all to do with a football game in Scotland) unfurled a banner about Palestine, Israel, Zionism etc... Just to add to the NI conflict shite.

Whatever your viewpoint, its a fitba game in Scotland FFS

4 minutes ago, Martin said:

Thought we performed reasonably, game was killed by two decent goals. A let down but nothing embarassing. Up against the financial and institutional establishment, it'll be tough until something changes.  

I have to say I was embarrassed by some of the foaming at the mouth bigots around me in the well end, nazi salutes in particular.  The palestine thing is virtue signalling wankery, trying to tribalise a serious issue, but some of the sleberring it provoked in our end was just as shite

35 minutes ago, tintowellfan said:

Yes that got me also. Thought the Well fans responded wonderfully with Flower of Scotland.  Surely they should be sanctioned for that shit. Beggars belief that anyone with a brain would support the ugly sisters! But just realised, they are brainless! 

I personally thought the rendition of Flower of Scotland was a tad embarrassing. The Celtic Palestine display was also cringe worthy as politics should be kept out of football. No doubt they will face a fine from the SFA.

• Like 7

I thought Grimshaw and Campbell in particular played well, they were just seriously let down by their captain failing to track runners,tackle or pass. Their 2 goals were a direct result of not tracking a man (both times McHugh I think) apart from that they had a lot of balls wide flashed across goal and only what amounted to half chances. Apart from the worldy from Dembeles header 2nd half I dont recall Carson having a save to make whereas we hit the bar and made 4 or 5 very good chances,just didnt have luck on our side.

I thought our first 5 mins were brilliant, the snapping at their heels and harrying them had the Celtic players flustered, unfortunately tho we allowed them a soft opener after 10 and that settled them

Felt better about this game than in November behforehand, sadly when you let a team with better players stroke the ball from left to right outside your 18 yard box with impunity looking for a hole or mistake then you are gonna get punished.

The gulf in the two squads is massive both in terms of playing budget (20x or there abouts) and composure. When we get into trouble and under pressure we hoof it out or up the park. They do on occasion too, but inevitably there is a guy in green & white standing waiting on it or able to challenge to retain possession.

I can't feel that bad about today's game compared with the League Cup as they beat us reasonably fairly, Brown still waltz's through games with a "Whit me?" puppy dog look every time a referee looks at him. I think rather than Bigi making a difference, I put it down to Celtic taking their foot off the gas.

We can beat Celtic on individual player fitness or desire but not on footballing ability as money does talk.

Overall, fantastic season from where we were and personnel we brought in. Achieved much more than I expected and coffers are full even if the trophy cabinet isn't.

• Like 2

Better team won on the day. But I can't be overly critical . Team did us proud this season.  We have a team of players that are good enough to get 20 clean sheets ,the flip side is that they don't really have enough in the locker to go that bit extra and lift the cup.

Leave politics out of it. The well has been poisoned already by the Ugly Sisters.

Scottish football is the worse for it, and has been so for yonks.

For those who have chosen to disparage MFC on here today, I have seen far more talented  teams (from 1962 onwards) who have never even sniffed a SCF, so think again, Poindexters.

We have a young manager and a young squad who will learn much from today: I've bought my season and am looking forward to next season already, damn my happy-clapper hide.

Our trolls can swivel, imho.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

Leave politics out of it. The well has been poisoned already by the Ugly Sisters.

For those who have chosen to disparage MFC on here today, I have seen far more talented  teams (from 1962 onwards) who have never even sniffed a SCF, so think again, Poindexters.

We have a young manager and a young squad who will learn much from today: I've bought my season and am looking forward to next season already, damn my happy-clapper hide.

Good post .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

Agree totally. We learn. We develop and win!

28 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

I personally thought the rendition of Flower of Scotland was a tad embarrassing. The Celtic Palestine display was also cringe worthy as politics should be kept out of football. No doubt they will face a fine from the SFA.

Think if we were winning or drawing we would never have sang flower of scotland. Just done it to get back to them. I didnt sing. Found it strange. Quite surreal.