Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

18 minutes ago, Shaka said:

It was a real thankless task. Boyata is about 4 inches taller than him and he was fed a diet of 60 yard punts all match

He chased what he could,the only criticism of him would be that he had a couple of chances he could/should have finished better

Would add that after a fall in the first half he looked to be in a serious amount of pain after landing on his injured wrist. He got up and played through it. Wasn’t a pretty performance, but his attitude was spot on.

7 minutes ago, The African said:

Disappointed with the way it went obviously. Unfortunately we lost goals at bad times and the game was pretty much over when the second one went in.  Cannot agree with anyone putting the boot into McHugh. The guy looked utterly dejected.

I don't think anyone really wants to put the boot in, and I've no doubt he's as gutted as anyone, possibly more so as the captain. I'm afraid he did have a shocker though... can't remember seeing anyone on the wrong side of an opponent as often as he was today.

6 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I have a mate who was from Palestine and would be killed on sight if he went back. I dont like celtic as a football club, but good for them for doing their bit for Palestine. Someone needs to. 

I’ve been to jereusalem through work and have been purposely shown both sides of the coin. I assure you, none of the people I met would give a fuck about Celtic or Motherwell football club or a Scottish national sporting trophy.

I have also as part of my work coordinated campaigns which have included protests, marches, demonstrations and lobbying. In order to gain credibility for any campaign, there are optimum times, places, methods and people to deliver key messages. That today was not one of them. 

That was nothing more than a bunch of bigots showing themselves up.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I have a mate who was from Palestine and would be killed on sight if he went back. I dont like celtic as a football club, but good for them for doing their bit for Palestine. Someone needs to. 

Get off yer soap box. It a game of football not a UN conferance.  . How did they get the banners in any way . I saw security inspecting and reading all ours before letting them in.

Thought we did ok today, we were beaten by the better team  but the players couldn’t have given much more I don’t think , we just aren’t good enough to win games like this against quality opposition and it’s unfair to ask them to produce any more than they did today. The main thing we need is a decent winger to fire in quality crosses and take players on. We have never replaced Marvin Johnson or Lionel Ainsworth who had a touch of quality about them and  had the ability to change games.  Hopefully we can make some decent signings soon to improve the quality of performances on the park and hopefully make it possible to win a cup.

12 minutes ago, The African said:

as I sat watching, alone in the dark at 2am on a cold Kiwi morning, trying to ignore the shite commentary on BEIN sport’s covera, I was sure I heard the applause at 19 minutes for the lad who passed away a day or so before the final. 

You absolutely did, and to be fair, the Celtic fans joined in with that too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

You sir are fkin wanker. A grade A chunt.  A post like that deserves rebuke.  Well beaten today no doubt but gulf in wages and resources is huge. 

Not a happy clapper just a realist. 

Love my team and proud of what we have achieved this season. 

Couldn't agree more, 'Yodo' needs a reality check.

28 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I dont think theres anything wrong with Celtic fans supporting Palestine. Particuarly with the events of the last few days. Good for them. 

I get the thinking but nah, not for me. There are atrocities being committed all over the globe on a much larger scale and I don't hear any noise from the Celtic support about them. 

It's pure exploitation being used to promote their own quasi-political agenda. This isn't about Palestine. It's about the UK. 

Nice to see that the security / police were even handed for both sets of fans!!!!!!

Sarcasm.

Watched from the South stand upper as one well dam let off a smoke bomb and was then handcuffed and marched out before kickoff.

Then during the (embarrassing) political process the Celtic fans must have let off at least 10 smoke bombs. 

action taken......none!!!

Disgraceful.

1 minute ago, dundeesteelman said:

Nice to see that the security / police were even handed for both sets of fans!!!!!!

Sarcasm.

Watched from the South stand upper as one well dam let off a smoke bomb and was then handcuffed and marched out before kickoff.

Then during the (embarrassing) political process the Celtic fans must have let off at least 10 smoke bombs. 

action taken......none!!!

Disgraceful.

The difference is that the one guy was standing completely by himself in a half empty section of seats holding the smoke bomb above his head, while there were a large group of fans who were grouped together, presumably having dropped the smoke bombs at their feet.

Not uneven policing/stewarding, just absolute fucking stupidity from the guy in our support.

1 hour ago, Donaldo87 said:

I thought Main was utter dogshite today. Am I being harsh or was it a thankless task. There were times in the second half where I thought he just wasn't really challenging for the ball?

I thought the front two did OK considering the service they got.

I'd obviously have been delighted if we had won, but not too disappointed today. Turned out pretty much the way I imagined it might.  We have put in some great cup performances this season, but beating Celtic in a final is a different proposition. Realistically, we don't have the quality in the team right now to do that without a slice of luck. 

Give where we were last season, and the amout of new faces we brought in over the summer, it's been great progress. If we make the same progress again next season, it should be a good one.

(And how nice has it been to have cup games at home and deep runs in both?)

• Like 2

One thing that came to me today which was really shocking, the previous cup final we reached before this season occurred when I was in primary 6,so quite a while away from starting high school, and this seasons two finals have occurred while I've been a university student. Just shows the huge gap between trips to Hampden that we've had, so we need to savour it while it lasts. 

29 minutes ago, AlmostFrazzled said:

The difference is that the one guy was standing completely by himself in a half empty section of seats holding the smoke bomb above his head, while there were a large group of fans who were grouped together, presumably having dropped the smoke bombs at their feet.

Not uneven policing/stewarding, just absolute fucking stupidity from the guy in our support.

I don't disagree with what you are saying however, it is one rule for them and another for everyone else.

• Like 1

Just now, dosser1886 said:

Police and Stewards are shitebags, Police the minority. Celtic fans know they have impunity to do whatever they like.

That's how any crowd control works at any event. It's about safety and keeping the peace.

It's never about fairness, and if you're part of the majority, you get more leeway.

gutted but 2nd half we gave it our best. I aint going to criticise any players, ye maybe some were off form but they tried their best.   However what I will say is some of our fans need to get a grip . Some of the songs being sung on way to park were an embarrassment.   Tell you what if you want to sing sectarian and bigoted songs then go and follow the old firm and stay away from Fir Park.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Richie said:

10 mins from the end Celtic fans (for reasons fuck all to do with a football game in Scotland) unfurled a banner about Palestine, Israel, Zionism etc... Just to add to the NI conflict shite.

Whatever your viewpoint, its a fitba game in Scotland FFS

So nothing about hamas then.

My main issue I have with it is that it tribalises the matter and certain slebberers think they have to shout "fuck palestine" etc, just to say the opposite of what "they" say. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

gutted but 2nd half we gave it our best. I aint going to criticise any players, ye maybe some were off form but they tried their best.   However what I will say is some of our fans need to get a grip . Some of the songs being sung on way to park were an embarrassment.   Tell you what if you want to sing sectarian and bigoted songs then go and follow the old firm and stay away from Fir Park.  

Well said.

No pun intended.

• Like 1