Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

1 hour ago, scoojy said:

I’m dragging up this unnecessarily but it seems your inside info was off the mark

Rose not even on the bench, and Mchugh led the team out as club captain

In my house, it’s not often I’m right, so I’m sure as hell going to point it out when I am

yip you were right .but as I said it was only my opinion and by saying we will see I just ment ,, we will see ? and on my own personal opinion that was all the captain done was lead the team out because after that he was a man down,thats nothing personal I just think as a captain in the engine room,he was very weak

2 minutes ago, fergi4 said:

Watched the full game back this morning and other than Campbell, the midfield (Mchugh, grimmy, Tait and cadden) were outclassed. Had some interceptions first 10mins, but no decent final ball to make an impact. 

10mins in, Aldred heads clear and Mcgregor was aggressive to beat Campbell (only blemish on him) and Grimshaw to the ball and finishes spectacularly. Got their crowd in it. 

A foul unfairly called on Alfred for the lead up to their second... Rogic ran into him as play continued then pulled back! (Was typical of many decisions in the game and encouraged celtic to play act. Noticed brown actually telling his players to get up / shut up on quite a few occasions and that's saying something!)  Grimshaw ball watchin Ntcham, who probably misses that 9 out of 10 times. Cest la vie.

Grimshaw was ball watching at both goals.

The midfield were onto a hiding, constantly outnumbered.

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

Grimshaw was ball watching at both goals.

The midfield were onto a hiding, constantly outnumbered.

The midfield wasnt outnumbered, they just didnt know how to track the Celtic players movement. They were 4-2-3-1 ,  our problem was that our 5 man midfield and 3 man defence had no idea where to be, and our tactic of shelling 60 yard balls to Bowman & Main allowed Lustig & in particular Tierney to push on.

Thats the big change in the second half! After the goals we changed to what looked like a 4-4-2 which didnt really help, but at ht we changed to 4-3-3 and pushed Cadds up which kept their back 4 in check and gave us 3v3 in the middle with full backs to keep an eye on the wingers. It at least gave us a chance

5 hours ago, maxywell said:

I heard one of the busses beeping in an increasingly irritated sounding fashion, guessing that was yours. :lol:

The busses were poorly organised from the start to be honest, they were all mixed up outside the ground and left people with no idea where theirs was parked.Clearly somebody thought it was a good idea to put the numbers on them before they got to the ground.

At least your's made it there. Ours broke down at the battlefield roundabout.:lol: Chant's of the "the bus is on fire":lol:

9 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Don't talk shite, it's about police Scotland taking the easy option and not doing their jobs, 1 person committing an offence or 100 people doing it should not matter, but the shitebags that are the police and stewards let the old firm fans, especially Celtic away with it time after time.

Celtic care the most fined club in uefa for all that political banner pish, but every big occasion the same stuff happens and the stewards and police stand by and watch, instead of wading in and ripping the banners down. Oh and when it's all finished the Media give them an easy ride for it.

Glasgow's finest getting the absolute pish ripped out of them yet again by Celtic fans during their open top parade. Bouncing on top of their Police vans not giving a fuck doing whatever they like. Think a guy has been charged afterwards. But as usual the great unwashed think and can do whatever the fuck they want and they evidently can time after time.

Utter shitebags. They have no interest or intent in doing fuck all about it.

You let flares off, smoke bombs, crowd trouble the club are given a punitive fine in relation to the clubs size not sure how you would calculate it.. number of season ticket holders? average home attendance?..that increases in relation to the frequency of offences. Think the club and fans would show more interest in self policing than they currently do if that was the case seeing as our actual Police are not up to, interested in or capable of taking care of.

9 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Don't talk shite, it's about police Scotland taking the easy option and not doing their jobs, 1 person committing an offence or 100 people doing it should not matter, but the shitebags that are the police and stewards let the old firm fans, especially Celtic away with it time after time.

Celtic care the most fined club in uefa for all that political banner pish, but every big occasion the same stuff happens and the stewards and police stand by and watch, instead of wading in and ripping the banners down. Oh and when it's all finished the Media give them an easy ride for it.

Fair comment Allan.  I'm in no way political with a capital P but the MSP for Motherwell, whoever that is, and if they have any backbone, needs to take this issue up with Police Scotland.  I'm waiting.....  

7 minutes ago, dosser1886 said:

Glasgow's finest getting the absolute pish ripped out of them yet again by Celtic fans during their open top parade. Bouncing on top of their Police vans not giving a fuck doing whatever they like. Think a guy has been charged afterwards. But as usual the great unwashed think and can do whatever the fuck they want and they evidently can time after time.

Utter shitebags. They have no interest or intent in doing fuck all about it.

You let flares off, smoke bombs, crowd trouble the club are given a punitive fine in relation to the clubs size not sure how you would calculate it.. number of season ticket holders? average home attendance?..that increases in relation to the frequency of offences. Think the club and fans would show more interest in self policing than they currently do if that was the case seeing as our actual Police are not up to, interested in or capable of taking care of.

Yeah then they get a kicking either by other fans or the police in Europe and have the cheek to claim it was heavy handed policing. :lol:

1 hour ago, Shaka said:

The midfield wasnt outnumbered, they just didnt know how to track the Celtic players movement. They were 4-2-3-1 ,  our problem was that our 5 man midfield and 3 man defence had no idea where to be, and our tactic of shelling 60 yard balls to Bowman & Main allowed Lustig & in particular Tierney to push on.

Thats the big change in the second half! After the goals we changed to what looked like a 4-4-2 which didnt really help, but at ht we changed to 4-3-3 and pushed Cadds up which kept their back 4 in check and gave us 3v3 in the middle with full backs to keep an eye on the wingers. It at least gave us a chance

disagree they were in effect 3-6-1 Forrest and Tierney wet wide with brown and ntcham sitting meaning all the time either McGregor or rogic who are their best players wer free. Robinson made big mistake changing formation when they had throw in our half and we hadn' reorganised when their 2nd went in although both goals wer caused in part by our midfield day dreaming on edge of box.i felt in 1st half it could be 5 or 6 but fair play to manager in 2nd half he went 3 up top to stop them passing about at back and whilst they could have scored more we could have also. was proud of the boys and also the fans.could not believe some wer leaving 10 to go as we have been to 2 cup finals and people can say and do what they want but that in itself is well done from me. 1st time iv noticed the huge disappointment in my sons after yesterday as well which made it all the worse and i think that was also down to how good and excited the build up to the game was it was great all week as was cooper before game. WELL DONE MOTHERWELL FC.

I wouldn't have left before the final whistle no matter the score but i did leave about 30 seconds after it as i have at the last 3 finals, i get nothing from watching the other team celebrate while our players trudge up to get their runners up medals.

Personally i found it a bit cringy that a couple of thousand people went into the cooper stand to applaud the players.At the end of the day we lost and while it's been a pretty good season it hardly goes down as a great one.Things like that should be reserved for when we actually win a trophy.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, maxywell said:

I wouldn't have left before the final whistle no matter the score but i did leave about 30 seconds after it as i have at the last 3 finals, i get nothing from watching the other team celebrate while our players trudge up to get their runners up medals.

Personally i found it a bit cringy that a couple of thousand people went into the cooper stand to applaud the players.At the end of the day we lost and while it's been a pretty good season it hardly goes down as a great one.Things like that should be reserved for when we actually win a trophy.

I don't understand why Motherwell fans left about "30 seconds" after the final whistle. Stay and applaud your team, just don't watch the other team celebrate, don't take your eyes off any Motherwell players, staff or fans and no need to look at anyone else wearing anything other than claret & amber.  To leave 4 finals within 30 seconds after the final whistle makes me despair for my fellow Motherwell fans who do so. I don't know your age or how long you've been supporting Motherwell maxywell but if you will only applaud your team after a cup final appearance when they win the trophy then I suspect you'll have to live a helluva long time, longer than myself who has seen them win only one major cup in the 50 years of supporting the 'Well.

Do you not believe that the players deserved a 'thank you' for their efforts this season? The fans who went into the Davie Cooper stand may have done so realising this was the last opportunity this season they would have had to show their appreciation, particularly to those players who may be leaving.

I would consider a club of a non-city, small town based team with average home crowds of approximately 4,500 who pay the players an average basic salary of £820 per week that has a turnaround of 17 players in less than 10 months, that reaches 2 cup finals in that time, finishes 7th in the league to have had more than a "pretty good season", yes bordering on a great season and the manager, players and staff deserve all the plaudits given. Thank you Motherwell FC. See you next season.

• Like 3

First time i have posted on here in a long time but considering it was cup final day yesterday I thought i’d pop in. First off, what a day oot. Meeting so many people I hadn’t seen for a long time and enjoying a pint with them was a big plus point, also the seeth that I encountered from Celtic fans outside the ground made me chuckle considering how dominant they are domestically right now (much like the Rangers fans in the 90s early 00s). 

The game itself was pretty grim. The one thing I always ask of Motherwell is give it 100% and I don’t think we got that. I always expect to be outplayed by Celtic but they actually outfought us which was disappointing. We made Boyata look like Maldini at times and that daftie Brown strolled the game despite the best efforts of Campbell who tried his best all game. 

Grimshaw has been great the last couple of months but didn’t really turn up and the less said about McHugh the better. It wasn’t solely his fault but jesus christ he had a nightmare ! 

All in all a very good Motherwell season, just need to look at Partick to see how quickly things can turn sour so all we can do is enjoy the good days while we have them.

A couple of shrewd signings could see us hopefully push on for top 6 and i could very much get used to the regular Hampden trips so here’s hoping the progression continues.

SIWY

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, maxywell said:

I assume the busses dropped them off near the ground and they were serving beer, why not go in.  The Electric was packed as was Club 100, why not the Cooper bar and stand.

18 minutes ago, postiejim said:

After the build up last week and then match day itself, a real down feeling today. Maybe when we lost the league cup final the season was still going on . Everything this time just seems to have ground to a halt.  

You mean you're not looking forward to the big League Cup draw on Friday?

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

League Cup draw. Champions League Final. English play-off finals. World Cup. Season kicks off.

Yes I will certainly be watching the Champs league final on Saturday weeyin, even though one of the finalists weren't "Champs".  English play offs yes should be good , the World cup though Im not particularly interested.

19 hours ago, maxywell said:

Couldn't agree more the fans turned up the team failed in that respect 

Oooooh yer hard men to please. Maybe Champions leauge for us next year . Would that be good enough . Remember it is Motherwell you support,i think . Adjust yer expectations.