Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

It's a big one this for several reasons.

It's the Scottish Cup for one thing, a derby game and above all that I think there is the potential for it to have quite a bearing on where our season goes from here.

Happy wouldn't be the right word but I've been understanding and appreciative about the reasons why our form dipped so much in December. There has been a fair bit of chat from the coaching and playing staff themselves about why it happened and the measures that have been taken to address it.

Tomorrow very much feels like the day where that patience and understanding requires to be paid back with a performance and a result.

Rightly or wrongly there is an expectation level that most Motherwell fans will have when facing Hamilton, regardless of the situation each side finds themselves in. Another unfavourable outcome in a derby is only going to add to the discontent that some have displayed on the back of that poor December.

There isn't really much room for maneouvre in this one. Whether it's done and dusted tomorrow or in a replay, this really has to be a Motherwell win.

As much as I'd enjoy a cup win over Accies, I'm more interested in picking up our league form over the next couple of months.

Given that we will have yet more players missing and more new players in the team, this couldn't be a tougher start for them. Cup-tie, in your face, derby won't give them time to find their feet.

I fully accept the league is the bigger priority in the grand scheme but this game is very much an opportunity to get everyone, well maybe not everyone, back on board with a view to going in an upward trajectory in the League whilst hopefully having another Cup run at the same time.

I kind of get the feeling a lot of people need something to cling on to otherwise their faith in our ability to turn things around will take a real dent.

A double blow of losing another derby and going out the Cup is not going to help restore belief at all,which is why, difficult fixture, unsettled line up or otherwise I think it is vital we get through this tie.

• Like 2

I fully accept the league is the bigger priority in the grand scheme but this game is very much an opportunity to get everyone, well maybe not everyone, back on board with a view to going in an upward trajectory in the League whilst hopefully having another Cup run at the same time.

I kind of get the feeling a lot of people need something to cling on to otherwise their faith in our ability to turn things around will take a real dent.

A double blow of losing another derby and going out the Cup is not going to help restore belief at all,which is why, difficult fixture, unsettled line up or otherwise I think it is vital we get through this tie.

Absolutely.

The club has posted that it may ask for some help clearing snow from the surrounding areas at Fir Park on Saturday morning.

It will publish an update early in the morning on whether volunteers will be required.

I'm not quite sure exactly what areas the Police will designate as "surrounding".

Oh, I get that fans will be in meltdown if we lose this, but 2 wins in Edinburgh this month are much more important to me this season.

Howdy Folks, not been posting recently as fed up with all the negativity. Let's all get behind the lads and Robbo tomorrow. Been on a bad run but still only 2points off the top six. And let's not give imrie the ammunition he craves for. Let's save it for full time after hopefully a Well victory......COYW!!!!!!

Edited by Yabba's Turd
Already a whole thread about the game in here

It is pretty brutal. The guys that do the commentary are no doubt doing their best, but their patter is God awful. Still,better than nothing.

Scott Mullen and Lewis Irons are decent and sometimes there's an ex player joins them. Others can be a bit brutal and forget they need to describe the action and instead end up yelling at the ref like they are in East Stand.

My biggest problem is that, even with the best commentators in the world, listening to a game on radio is murder. Not being able to see how close a shot came, if the keeper would have had it covered etc. makes everything seem 10 times worse.

I used to enjoy listening to radio commentary on matches. In the days before blanket television coverage and a live tv match on pay television every night, it was all we had.some great memories of matches in the seventies and eighties when I was growing up. Good commentary was an art in itself and we were lucky to have one of the best in the unfairly maligned David Francey.

I would add that (cue the Hovis music) I really miss the late great Bob Crampsey Why he was never knighted is the greatest anomaly of the honours system.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic