Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

Aldred's goal wasn't close to being offside.

A horrific decision.

I thought so at the time and freezing it as the free kick is taken to me proves it was not offside.

As per usual Sportscene give us a few minutes v Hearts St J getting 20 + and never even mentioned offside goal. Thanfully it did not have a part to play in the overall outcome. But it most certainly could have......

• Like 1

Wasn't there today but once again it seems like fine margins to decide the game. Last week against Partick we had a scramble in the box and nearly scored. The ball was kicked off the line and Partick went up the park got a free kick and scored. Today at 1-0 Carson makes a great save and we go up the park and score -2-0 game over. That's why I don't get super excited when we win and go overboard when we lose.

However a cup final, a 1/4 final and another three wins needed at the start of February for 40 + points and guaranteed safety in the league, I think every fan of our club would have been happy with that in August.

• Like 1

Sportscenes coverage of our game is an absolute joke. I have no issues with them choosing to headline other matches but the disparity in coverage is incredible. Almost no point watching it whatsoever. Even our Youtube highlights are better than their pitiful effort.

• Like 2

We thoroughly deserved our win and odd as it may seem we got few breaks. The lads put in a competent no frills shift and our finishing was marginally better than Dundee's. Although the defence looked solid, Robbo will be a trifle concerned at the chances we gave Dundee, and they passed up. Carson produced a great save; Dunne was terrific and I though Cadden, Tait and Main played well. Although Tanner gave us a bit extra in an attacking sense, we missed Campbell's competitiveness a little in midfield where Dundee just shaded it. Its proving a very good decision though to repel Celtic's unwanted advance for Carson isn't it?

Despite media plaudits for playing good football Dundee were very physical and cynical and happy to resort to the high ball when it suited them. They tried to play from the back at times but just don't have the players to do it.

Bobby Madden in the middle had an horrific game. Whilst Dundee fans and players alike were incensed that Ciftci wasn't red carded we can point to his failure to issue cards to Kusunga and Moussa. The former in particular lived a charmed life. Madden also incensed many of our more volatile fans for failing to send off the Dundee player who blatantly elbowed one of our players in the face off the ball and right in front of the dugouts. Possibly one of the worst decisions I've witnessed this season. That could have been a game changing call. It was also ludicrous to see Aurtenexte Borde fall to the deck, grab the ball with both hands and still not concede a foul.

Overall a good away day and whilst Robbo and Keef will want a word with a few players they'll be happy with the outcome. To beat another Premiership side 2-0 away from home is not a bad result.

• Like 3

Fair assessment but praise is due for the work of our forward players in closing down their back line, preventing them from playing it out from the back and forcing it to play it long which our defence just laps up.

Some good performances throughout the team but special mention to Cadden who I thought in the first half had his best performance in a long time. Bigi (Dundee announcer will still be having nightmares) also did well when he came on.

As others have said, the Sportscene coverage was a disgrace and it looks like yet another bad decision costing us a goal!

If the elbow off the ball was as blatant as some are suggesting, surely thats one for the compliance officer?

Or does that only happen when Spotscene highlight it? Hmmmmm......

As others have said, the Sportscene coverage was a disgrace and it looks like yet another bad decision costing us a goal!

If the elbow off the ball was as blatant as some are suggesting, surely thats one for the compliance officer?

Depends who commits the offence. Apparently a Celtic player spat at a Partick player yesterday.. Brendan or peter probably already told bbc not to show it or mention it and sfa not to investigate it

• Like 1

Pretty much yes. Not shown on any publicly available footage.

As an aside, I was pleased for young Davie Turnbull making his senior debut.

Good team performance yesterday. ciftci showing some nice touches but not coming off alot of the time, shoulda scored his header. Main working hard as always, thought his long range effort in first half was sailing in. Chopped off goal didnt look offside to me.

Carson had a brilliant save then we go up the park and score.

Back line was solid.

The atmosphere in our end was excellent yesterday could see the excitement of another cup run and the team didnt let down.

Its annoying when its a ticket game as some stick to assigned seats and some dont and caused some drama near where i was sitting 20 minutes into game.

Delighted with that win. Wasn't at it but listened on Mixlr (good job Lewis and Ryan) and watched the highlights.

As an aside, 3 own goals in the last month or so. Maybe things are indeed beginning to even themselves out. That said, we are now pushing and playing in the right parts of the pitch to force these own goals. More of that please.

Team fought for every ball yesterday. Offside goal was a joke. Big Dunne is a cracking defender. Aldred looks good too. Main runs the channels well another good signing from Robinson. Rose did well too. Yes I'm even praising him. The fans yesterday were tremendous and gave the team great backing. Good day all round. Only complaint is the bus I was on from club 100 was that warm you could grow tomatoes in it. Lol

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic