Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

1 hour ago, something else said:

To confuse matters more, if i remember right, in 1985, we were in the "Celtic" end and the Celtic fans were in the "Rangers" end.

Ahh the 1985 Semi Final.  We were in the East terrace because they were doing Hampden up at the time and only half that end had been completed.

I was in the enclosure at the front of the Main Stand, young enough not to quite fully comprehend the magnitude of the occasion but the angst of the Motherwell support around me when Graeme Forbes late header flashed past the post has never been forgotten!

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/william-hill-scottish-cup-semi-final-details-confirmed/?rid=14258

William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final details confirmed

Scottish Cup draw
Tuesday 6 March 2018

The dates of this year’s William Hill Scottish Cup semi-finals have been confirmed, with Motherwell v Aberdeen or Kilmarnock on Saturday 14 April and Celtic v Rangers on Sunday 15 April.

Both matches will be live on Sky Sports, with Saturday’s game also live on BBC Scotland.

The live televised matches are as follows:

Motherwell v Aberdeen or Kilmarnock

Saturday 14 April 2018 (kick-off 12.15pm) | Live on BBC Scotland and Sky Sports

Hampden Park, Glasgow

Celtic v Rangers

Sunday 15 April 2018 (kick-off 2.30pm) | Live on Sky Sports

Hampden Park, Glasgow

The ticket prices are as follows:

North & William Hill South Stands - Adults: £30 Concessions*: £15

East & West Stands - Adults: £20 Concessions*: £10

*Concessions: Under-16s & 65 years and over.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Will our semi be priced the same as the other semi as the money is pooled, little chance of reduced prices

Prices are already announced for both ties

30/15

20/10

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Will our semi be priced the same as the other semi as the money is pooled, little chance of reduced prices

Rotten kick off time yet the old firm game is 2:30 ko!!! What is that all about?!?!
Hell mend them. 
Agreed..you would think they were doing everything possible to embarrass the game up here with loads of empty seats..if its Aberdeen especially their fans have been shafted yet again.....here is your choice, leave home at 8am spend £30/40 on petrol, £30 to get in, get home about 6 at night, or ......sit at home or in the pub and watch it on council tv for free.

Funnily enough if its Killie I think there might be a bigger crowd given its nearer and its not every year they get to a semi.

They could probably shut both ends and get everyone in the north and south stands and improve the atmosphere but at £10 cheaper a lot will go behind the goals, spread out the crowd and dilute any atmosphere even more.

Absolute effing muppets... 15 thousand at most

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

On 5 March 2018 at 7:59 PM, ropy said:

I need this game to be on the Saturday, Sky will show both games, who will decide which game happens when, and when will it be decided.

Sorted, game on Saturday then head to Barbados on the Sunday to think through the tactics for the final.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Kilmarnock or Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
8 hours ago, milo said:

Rotten kick off time yet the old firm game is 2:30 ko!!! What is that all about?!?!

Hell mend them. 

TV.  I guess Motherwell could have said fuck off to the money and demanded 3pm...

Of course the Old Firm was gonna be a Sunday.  Only an idiot would demand the game be a Saturday

8 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Roughly how much have the two cup runs netted us? A breakdown of gate receipts/prize money/tv money for each would be interesting. 

It certainly would be interesting but I doubt it that anyone will get to see that, what surprised me is the league cup is worth more than the Scottish Cup and as for the TV money,   that is a joke. Can someone tell me why the SPFL voted to reduce the fees Gordon cup games?

11 hours ago, milo said:

In one word TV. 

I don't like it one bit for the reasons expressed by others, but given, in some ways, it was akin to a democratic  vote, I accept it.   Many fans vote for live football on TV through subscribing to TV packages (ok I know this is on BBC) and by doing so knowingly hand over almost complete power to the TV companies to do whatever they like, subject to police approval of course.   All fans have to accept the consequences, whether we have purchased TV packages or not.    In short we, the fans, can't have our cake and eat it.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

My query was more regarding the bigot fest kicking off at 2:30.

It’s well known that these idiots start drinking at 6am for a 12pm ko (cos apparently you need to be as drunk as you can for these things) so to give them an extra 2 hours drinking seems ill advised.

17 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Given how they allocated sections in 2011 versus St Johnstone there was no need to open East & West Stands. Fair to expect same? 

I think they're faintly better at organising/more understanding of the TV arc now, so may be a bit different. That was a bizarre one, tbh.

16 hours ago, milo said:

Hell mend them. 

Saturday and Sunday rules are different, in short. You can't have football on telly between (I think) 2:45pm and 5:15pm on Saturday, so as it is a cup final with the possibility of extra-time and penalties, the kick off has to be daftly early.

Sundays are different, so they can stick it on more or less whenever, I think. 

I see the club are running buses again...

Getting to Hampden

The club are operating a bus from the Cooper Bar on the day of the game. The bar will be open before departure for food and drink.

The bus, which will take supporters to and from Hampden Park, will cost £8. Supporters will be able to buy this shortly.

Semi final hospitality

Come and enjoy the day in style with our pre and post-match hospitality here at Fir Park.

For just £80, you can get:

• Your match ticket
  • Hot breakfast roll
  • Match programme
  • Official bus to and from Hampden Park
  • Pay bar facility at Fir Park
  • Hot buffet served at Fir Park on your return
  • Like 3

Saw the Killie highlights at the weekend and thought Ross County could have had a penalty. So it does appear they are getting the rub of the green and decisions in their favour. That said they seem a side with purpose and organisation and a fair few decent players to boot. 

Even Erwin is starting to get a game going. I would have taken him back in a heartbeat. Just thought he was getting going when he went off to Leeds. 

Not seen much debate over which side we want in the semi. In a little over 4 hours we will know assuming no ET and penalties. I am of 2minds. I felt we were better than Killie at Fir Park recently but that said we have beaten Aberdeen twice this season and they tend not to do so well in Glasgow. 

My choice would be Killie but I just have a feeling Aberdeen will win through and face us in the semi finals.

I agree - I would prefer Killie. Their bubble is going to burst soon, I hope, and some of that luck and “benefit of the doubt” decisions might turn against them and it would be nice to think we might enjoy that, given the decisions we have experienced this season. Good that it would be at Hampden too after our last visit there...

• Like 1

why oh why Hamdump ?  Live on TV and Less than 12k will rattle around that tired midden.  Had SFA any sense they'd take it to Tynecastle or Easter Road - get closer to a full house, a decent atmosphere and a better advert for the game on national tv

Q.  who lost to Dundee Utd in the other 1991 semi-final ?

A. St Johnstone.

Q. Where was it played ?

A. East End Park, Dunfermline

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Tanamo said:

why oh why Hamdump ?  Live on TV and Less than 12k will rattle around that tired midden.  Had SFA any sense they'd take it to Tynecastle or Easter Road - get closer to a full house, a decent atmosphere and a better advert for the game on national tv

Q.  who lost to Dundee Utd in the other 1991 semi-final ?

A. St Johnstone.

Q. Where was it played ?

A. East End Park, Dunfermline

Totally agree. Easter road or tynecastle would have been much better.

Unfortunately our game up here is run by eejits.

Tynecastle is like a ploughed field at the moment - would never choose to play on that surface.

Not sure two teams from the west playing in the east makes much sense to the Edinburgh plod, either - and I imagine they get a say in matters.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic