Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

19 hours ago, wellowell said:

Aberdeen have sold out North and South Stands and updated fans yesterday on Twitter that have sold over 10000 so far . I know everybody who wants a ticket will get 1 but as I am very interested in my team as a season ticket holder , share holder , and well society member would be nice to know how our sales are going . Other people think differently but not asking for much for an update just interested in knowing what kind of numbers we will be taking . 

Just ask? The club are very approachable... For the record, I suspect for the second successive semi-final tie we will have around double our average attendance, no other clubs' involved can boast that. FACT. :wink:

45 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Just ask? The club are very approachable... For the record, I suspect for the second successive semi-final tie we will have around double our average attendance, no other clubs' involved can boast that. FACT. :wink:

A few folk on twitter have asked...no reply :wink:

36 minutes ago, CoF said:

Given he's retiring this season it and regarded as our top referee it wouldn't surprise me if the plan was to give him the final as a farewell present. Not sure if that plan will change if we get through. Unlikely. 

No way he gets both finals in a season.  Farewell present has (allegedly) traditionally been reffing last game at team you supported.  Led to believe that would mean his last game would be St Mirren's title party...

Just now, rinkydink said:

No way he gets both finals in a season.  Farewell present has (allegedly) traditionally been reffing last game at team you supported.  Led to believe that would mean his last game would be St Mirren's title party...

He's as much of a St Mirren fan as Chic young is. 

We are not in the final yet so no point in worrying about it, however, Robinson has already said his piece with the masterstroke after the Celtic game, raising the awareness of the Thomson issue and the number of incorrect red cards he has given us.  A play straight out of Brendans book and Robbo should be congratulated.  That in itself probably ensured that if Thomson had been due to get a semi-final, he wasn’t getting our one. If we get to the final, then Robbo has already raised the awareness of the guy, much like Brendan did with Bowman.

10 hours ago, wellowell said:

Somebody on face book saying in getting semi ticket this afternoon and was told sold 5000 so far which imo is disappointing as if can get 7000 against the old firm in semi of a lesser cup would expect to get at least same in Scottish semi

Image result for nappies

Try these for size? Why is it disappointing? If something you've read on Facelessbook is to be taken as fact we already have more than our core support there for backing with over a week till the match. History shows outnumbering the opposition doesn't win you the tie...

We need to remember tickets have been offered for sale during the Easter break when many have gone on holiday. Club don't seem to be sweating over it, so unsure why some holier than thou are? Better reserved for those who wish to be there rather than day trippers.

• Haha 1

Time to get this thread going again.....

Really looking forward to the game. 

We have been OK of late - as in this year and the 2 draws v Old firm shows we can dig in when we need too and the team can rise to the challenge.  Aberdeen bossed and bullied us in the recent league game so that hopefully acts as a reminder that we need to start like we mean to finish. Robinson always says we need to earn the right to play and none more so than this Saturday. 

Aberdeen are missing their 2 best players in many of their fans eyes, but have more than enough adequate replacements. 

I am assuming Dunne and Campbell will be Ok so the question mark are who will start in midfield and up front. Is Ciftci is fit do we start him instead of say Bowman ? He flatters to deceive but also has the skills to create openings if he is up for it. Who plays instead of McHugh ? Bigi is like Ciftci - there is a player there and he may well like the space that Hampden has. Problem is neither are renowned for their battling qualities. 

Who would be in your starting 11 ? 

10 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I am assuming Dunne and Campbell will be Ok so the question mark are who will start in midfield and up front. Is Ciftci is fit do we start him instead of say Bowman ? He flatters to deceive but also has the skills to create openings if he is up for it. Who plays instead of McHugh ? Bigi is like Ciftci - there is a player there and he may well like the space that Hampden has. Problem is neither are renowned for their battling qualities. 

Who would be in your starting 11 ? 

Andy Rose will be in contention but the question is how fit he is.  I'll be surprised if he doesn't start.  Again there are question marks too over Ciftci's fitness.  As far as  midfield is concerned who will be tasked with sitting deep and protecting the defence?  Our strikeforce isn't quite right yet, but thats more of an issue for next season.   

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Apparently Hampden is the same width an only 5 yards longer than fir park, we have one of the widest parks in the league.

(I haven’t fact checked this, but sure someone else can/will)

Quite an old source but the last published Scottish League Review from 2005/06 has Fir Park as 71 yards across and Hampden as 75 yards. 

Ibrox and Celtic Park are both 75 yards across as well as quite a few others (McDiarmid etc.).  At 71 yards it would be one of the smaller pitches in terms of width, although not the smallest.

In Scotland Broadwood seems to be the widest (76 yards) and Central Park the narrowest (65 yards).

In terms of length the listed dimensions are actually closer - 115 yards for Hampden and 112 yard for Fir Park.

I think this is how we'll line up, but Bowman, Rose and Grimshaw may all be in for a nod over. Grimshaw is a prime example of being drafted in at the 11th hour. The reason I think he'll go for Frear is he offers an out ball and he has the speed and ability to use the pitch to punish.

I only opted for Ciftci up front as I think Robinson hopes he offers something and doesn't think he is daunted by the occasion. All of the above is based on fitness naturally which I'm not party to.

--------------  Carson -------------

---- Kipre - Aldred - Dunne ----

Tait ----------- Bigi -------- Frear

------ Cadden --- Campbell -----

--------- Main ---- Ciftci ---------

9 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

I think this is how we'll line up, but Bowman, Rose and Grimshaw may all be in for a nod over. Grimshaw is a prime example of being drafted in at the 11th hour. The reason I think he'll go for Frear is he offers an out ball and he has the speed and ability to use the pitch to punish.

I only opted for Ciftci up front as I think Robinson hopes he offers something and doesn't think he is daunted by the occasion. All of the above is based on fitness naturally which I'm not party to.

--------------  Carson -------------

---- Kipre - Aldred - Dunne ----

Tait ----------- Bigi -------- Frear

------ Cadden --- Campbell -----

--------- Main ---- Ciftci ---------

I would be happy with that team. Frear probably should start as they're without Shay Logan, and Dom Ball's a bit humpty so we'd be as well to try and exploit that.

Given Ciftci's immobility it doesn't seem to be a good idea to play him at Hampden.  He's also only played about half an hour of football in the last month and was struggling to move even when getting regular games.

Agree with the rest of the line up.