Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

It's live on the BBC - so even if you don't have access to a VPN to watch it on iPlayer, it should be easy to find a stream.

It will be iPlayer and bacon rolls for me.

Ok you've talked me into it. Easy friday night and up early saturday sitting in the living room with the scarf on. I'm not sensing the same level of enthusiasm on here as for the leave cup. Seems like we were champin at the bit to get at rangers. I think we should be champin at the bit here as well to get past Aberdeen to Celtic again.   COYW !!!!!

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there are Rail Engineering works on Sat impacting Motherwell.

So if you're looking to go to the game from Motherwell or planning to pick up a ticket on Sat by train, there will be issues.

Facing this problem myself as ticket didnt get sent out, so was going to collect on Sat AM.

Looking at the trains from Motherwell going to Mount Florida you have to change at Hamilton Central.  0955 at Motherwell then 1031 at Hamilton Central arriving in Mount Florida at 1057. Then it's a quick walk down to Clockwork which opens at 1100. Or get off at Kings Park at 1053 if you want to go to straight to the ground. I'm not sure if any pubs there will be open.

Edit There are trains direct from Motherwell to Kings Park as well. 0955-1025 and 1055-1129.

27 minutes ago, mfc1991 said:

I am currently on holiday in Canada. Bad planning! I’d really like to watch the semi final even although it’s on at 6.15 am. Anyone any idea of the best way to go about this? Thanks. 

If you have an Android device, install Mobdro (available here) and search for BBC One Scotland. All the installation instructions are on that website too.

Otherwise, on the day, I'm sure some people will post live stream links on here.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

If you have an Android device, install Mobdro (available here) and search for BBC One Scotland. All the installation instructions are on that website too.

Otherwise, on the day, I'm sure some people will post live stream links on here.

I was thinking I might actually go for one of those VPN sites that's a few bucks a month. Nordvan or some kind name like that.  I looked last night but can't recall the name.

18 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I was thinking I might actually go for one of those VPN sites that's a few bucks a month. Nordvan or some kind name like that.  I looked last night but can't recall the name.

I've invested in a couple of VPNs. Tunnelbear is the simplest to use and install and Vypr VPN which offers a few more features and is more configurable. Vypr offered me 1GB of free data as a trial before I invested in a subscription.  I waited for good deals on both, but even their standard rates aren't too bad if you plan to use them regularly.

NordVPN is probably the one you are thinking of - and that is well regarded too.

(Be aware that sites like the BBC can sometimes block VPN access, but a little tweaking of your brower or a reconnect of the VPN app usually fixes the problem).

5 hours ago, steelboy said:

Looking at the trains from Motherwell going to Mount Florida you have to change at Hamilton Central.  0955 at Motherwell then 1031 at Hamilton Central arriving in Mount Florida at 1057. Then it's a quick walk down to Clockwork which opens at 1100. Or get off at Kings Park at 1053 if you want to go to straight to the ground. I'm not sure if any pubs there will be open.

Edit There are trains direct from Motherwell to Kings Park as well. 0955-1025 and 1055-1129.

Cheers, I thought the trains were totally pumped due to this:

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/default/files/assets/download_ct/web_12320_lanarkshire_14.pdf

I'm the otherside of Glasgow, so will have to get a v early train/bus, pick up ticket and then probably get one of those trains to Kings Park

Just now, sbcmfc said:

They’re also digging up the road outside the main stand at Hampden.

So when you get to the crossroad with Asda on your left and police station on your right, you have to turn left or right, there’s no through road.

http://www.scottishwater.co.uk/Investment-and-Communities/Your-Community/Glasgow-investment/SST/Toryglen

The outcome of tomorrow’s game shapes the rest of the season. Win and the place keeps bubbling until rhe day of the final. Lose and we’re resigned to playing 5 friendlies against the worst teams in the league. We need a huge effort from all connected with the club to push us to a win at Hampden. Let’s do this...

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:50 PM, Richie said:

Looking forward to sat, but the downer for me is that it leads to a final v one of the OF, which from previous experience arent particularly enjoyable outings.

I thought that too until 2012 and we beat Celtic.

You never know.

Good luck, i'll be hoping for a Motherwell win.

• Like 4

I hope there's more enthusiasm within the squad for this game, than there seems to be among the support. Don't think I've ever witnessed such a 'low-key' build up for a semi-final in all the years I've been following the 'well. Just doesn't seem to be much appetite for the game at all :huh:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

I hope there's more enthusiasm within the squad for this game, than there seems to be among the support. Don't think I've ever witnessed such a 'low-key' build up for a semi-final in all the years I've been following the 'well. Just doesn't seem to be much appetite for the game at all :huh:

I could be wrong here but I think a large part of it is the prize for winning tomorrow is more than likely a final against Celtic again. You can be as optimistic as you want about it but I think almost all of know deep down that in that situation you are more than likely in for a disappinting day as we have already suffered this season. I think this is probably what has kept most peoples excitment in check.