Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

What a wonderful day. Full credit to everyone involved on and off the park who have transformed Motherwell into a club that fears nobody and relishes the big occasion. The spine of our team in Carson, Aldred, Campbell and Main epitomises everything that is good at Motherwell.

Main will rightly make the headlines but special mention to Grimshaw and Rose who despite their injury layoffs, put in a helluva shift alongside the ever-impressive Allan Campbell. 

If we can steer clear of injury, I’m confident we will win the cup. I’ve never said that since  I was a naive 7 year old in 91. 

We can play a lot more football than we showed today, but there was tremendous team spirit. If only we could just calm our jets before launching it forward, the game would open up for us. Still, let The Uglies underestimate us.

Don't know whether to call Curtis The Shark, The Beast or The Pocket Battleship. What a horror to have to play against. I would suggest Sellick would be particularly vulnerable.

It will be great to release our Inner Barcelona in the final and beat the surviving Non-Scottish Club.

Cue meltdown by "Scottish Sports Journalists".

What a lovely day that was!

I can scarcely believe how stress free that was. Beating Aberdeen 3-0 in a Scottish Cup Semi Final and once we went ahead the result was never really in doubt. It almost doesn’t seem real reading that back!

Not a single failure on the pitch today and special mention to Grimshaw and Rose who were both excellent after their injury lay offs and have both had the critics, including me, this season.

It’s not quite “Louis who?”, but Main is some guy to have in your corner.

I thought Aberdeen were rottenand despite an almost embarrassment of riches, on paper, in the forward areas, they were insipid. Absolute big game bottlers! Lovely stuff.

Onwards to the final. Can we win it? Of course we can but as we know the dice are completely loaded when playing those two.

Can’t be bad for the coffers reaching another final also.

36 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Which could mean Rangers fans are cheering on Celtic in the final depending how things pan out.

:lol:

No they wont , as long as Rangers finish  no lower than 3rd in the league they will get an EL place no matter who wins the cup. The team who ends up in 4th will be cheering Celtic on as a Celtic cup win will get them an EL place.

2 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

No they wont , as long as Rangers finish  no lower than 3rd in the league they will get an EL place no matter who wins the cup. The team who ends up in 4th will be cheering Celtic on as a Celtic cup win will get them an EL place.

Fair chance Rangers will be 4th. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Spiderpig said:

That's exactly what he's saying. Aberdeen are on the same points, Hibs are only 3 behind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a fabulous performance. The whole team were outstanding. There is such a positive feeling around the club its great to be a 'Well fan. Had the added pleasure of driving back home on the A90/ A9 watching all the sad, dismal Dons supporters . Living in the NE , it is going to be great going in to work on Monday !

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Seemingly all Scottish entrants, including cup winners, go into the 1st qualifying round of the Europa league. We might need to pull Campbell and Cadden out the trip to Peru and Mexico. 

No they don't

Cup Winner - 2nd Qualifying Round (League Path).  

Fixtures take place for Cup winner at end of July.

• Like 1

Thought I'd wait until it had sunk in that not only did we win but we smashed the sheep shaggers 3-0. The team as a whole were brilliant, Main is a machine, Grimmy still running and chasing the ball when it went back to Lewis at 3-0 up, epitomised not only his attitude and work rate but the whole team. Campbell put in a great shift as well. 

Looking forward to the 19th May, would probably prefer Newco but we have the capability to compete against the other half and we must be due a win after our appearances this season.

One of my favourite days as a well fan.

The boys were all tremendous. Couldn't have asked for a better result. Curtis Main has proven to be an outstanding signing. His compusure for the 3rd goal was excellent.

Other special mentions go to Grimshaw, Rose and Campbell who all really stepped up and worked tirelessly.

Regardless of what happens in the final this season has brought some of my favourite memories in quite some time.

Robinson has really gave us a team we can be proud of

I wasn't surprised when I heard that Liam Grimshaw was starting, but given his form this season I was a little concerned.  However I needn't have been.  He chased, harried, and closed down for 90 minutes plus and was instrumental in unsettling the Dons.  I'd like to see to more of him in the final few weeks.  If he can continue like that he'll have earned a new deal.  Overall though a real team performance. 

So, how long until the tabloids are running with the 'Rangers/Celtic (delete as appropriate) to sign Curtis Main after Cup Final'

About a week before the Cup Final probably.

As many have said, I thought we were magnificent yesterday, and that was without playing particularly well, but the effort and determination to win were second to none, and I mean NONE ! The sheep never looked like getting  anything from the game, and Robbo had them sussed to a tee.

The usual suspects performed as we've come to expect, Carson, Aldred, Kipre, Tait etc, but I thought Grimshaw was immense - along with Campbell & Rose, they made sure the Sheep were not going to have an easy time of it !

This could be misplaced, but for the first time in many years, I actually believe our names on the cup this year :woop:

MON RA DOSSERS