Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

I see George Newell has suffered a fractured cheekbone following Arnasons elbow to the chops.

In my opinion it was significantly worse than Bowmans on Cardozo and we all know the major headlines that created. 

Suprisingly enough I cannot see any comment anywhere about it in the media. 

Howevwr kudos to our staff and management who haven’t made a huge song and dance about it to the media. Showing class as usual.

5 hours ago, Well-Made said:

Grimmy still running and chasing the ball when it went back to Lewis at 3-0 up, epitomised not only his attitude and work rate but the whole team. 

I'd love for Grimshaw to come onto a good game. From what I've seen his attitude is without question - like Campbell, he seems like a young guy who loves his football and is desperate to do well. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

I see George Newell has suffered a fractured cheekbone following Arnasons elbow to the chops.

In my opinion it was significantly worse than Bowmans on Cardozo and we all know the major headlines that created. 

Howevwr kudos to our staff and management who haven’t made a huge song and dance about it to the media. Showing class as usual.

I hope he recovers quickly as he's had rotten luck with injuries.  The referee was badly at fault for not stopping the game.  He must have been the only one in the ground who did not realise it was a head injury and even tried to encourage the lad to get to his feet.

1 hour ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Aberdeen were leading with their arms in aerial challenges for the whole match and the ref was letting them away with it. 

2 hours ago, ohwulliewullie said:

A few reasons for us to want Rangers to win this afternoon:  they’re more beatable; Ciftci will be available; Rangers will probably have a fight for second place, and so will have more important fixtures in the lead up to the final 

Watching the game now, Celtic already 2-0 up Rangers are utter pish,  it's 1 way traffic , only 1 team winning this

10 minutes ago, daver said:

Aberdeen were leading with their arms in aerial challenges for the whole match and the ref was letting them away with it. 

I thought the ref was excellent yesterday. The Newell incident aside, I don't remember a bad decision in the 90 minutes,

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

Watching the game now, Celtic already 2-0 up Rangers are utter pish,  it's 1 way traffic , only 1 team winning this

Their defence is a joke - would have loved Main and Bowman to get another run at it, but Celtic are in cruise control already.

Really determined up for it performance yesterday with 3rd goal coming at right time to seal it. like others have said i cannot believe how easy it was,aberdeen are very poor and i have no idea how they have been 2nd best last few seasons. they are struggling with christie and mclean away next year and how the hell stevie may was ever near our national team i give up. I thought robinson told rose to mark christie and go 10 v 10 and it worked great I also feel rose is more mobile in that area than mchugh and again grimshaw and wee campbell were all over the place. 

On another note and 1 that winds me up can someone explain to me why the 2 glasgow teams get the same end every time it is at hampden other than thats the way it has always been? This is 2018 and flow needs to stick up for us (as he always does) and ask for toss of coin to decide which end we want. I know some will say who cares but why are they allowed to choose as it winds me up. It would be so funny to see them going where they dont want and also signal that us wee teams are no longer putting up with their pish!!!!

• Like 1

Potential slight dilemma for Robinson now it looks almost certain it's going to be Celtic.  Cifti will be ruled out and with Newell's face in bits we're light for cover for Main and Bowman.  If either of the two of them were to pick up an injury before the Final though that would be a massive blow.  Time to dig out the cotton wool?

• Like 1

Just now, gaz7 said:

On another note and 1 that winds me up can someone explain to me why the 2 glasgow teams get the same end every time it is at hampden other than thats the way it has always been? This is 2018 and flow needs to stick up for us (as he always does) and ask for toss of coin to decide which end we want. I know some will say who cares but why are they allowed to choose as it winds me up. It would be so funny to see them going where they dont want and also signal that us wee teams are no longer putting up with their pish!!!!

This does my head in too, however I doubt we will be the ones to challenge it.

6 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Potential slight dilemma for Robinson not it looks almost certain it's going to be Celtic.  Cifti will be ruled out and with Newell's face in bits we're light for cover for Main and Bowman.  If either of the two of them were to pick up an injury before the Final though that would be a massive blow.  Time to dig out the cotton wool?

The McCall Technique? 

That's a no from me.

Strikers need to be banging in goals in match conditions to keep their edge. Of course, Ciftci can get more game time, and maybe blood a couple of U20s to prepare for the worst, but I have never been a fan of  changing what us made us successful in the run up to a Final - so I'd be giving Main and Bowman plenty of minutes.

Celtic strolling it. Could be 4 or 5. 

Will be another very tough game as they have very good players in every position and more as back up. 

We will be huge underdogs but you just never know. 

I think we should see what if any free agents there are as strikers as we have no back up to Main and Bowman. We ought to get someone in as cover imho. It is not as if we don’t have a few pounds either. 

If we are to surpass the achievement of 91, then it’s by beating the champions. 

Attacking options are a worry though. For those of you that watch the u20s, is Alfie ready to step up? If not, we might need to explore the possibility of MacLean playing as a 2nd striker should something happen to Main or Bowman.

As good as Celtic tend to be on the big occasion, there defence remains a weakness  and they don’t like getting pressed. Hopefully we maintain a clean bill of health. 

Wouldn't hurt to give a couple of the U20s some game time, but I suspect if something did happen to one of our strikers Robinson would either try somebody like Andy Rose in there or play one up front with someone slotting in behind.

Or put the cat among the pigeons and move Big Cedric up top!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Potential slight dilemma for Robinson now it looks almost certain it's going to be Celtic.  Cifti will be ruled out and with Newell's face in bits we're light for cover for Main and Bowman.  If either of the two of them were to pick up an injury before the Final though that would be a massive blow.  Time to dig out the cotton wool?

Petravicius winner is free money IMO.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

If we are to surpass the achievement of 91, then it’s by beating the champions. 

Attacking options are a worry though. For those of you that watch the u20s, is Alfie ready to step up? If not, we might need to explore the possibility of MacLean playing as a 2nd striker should something happen to Main or Bowman.

As good as Celtic tend to be on the big occasion, there defence remains a weakness  and they don’t like getting pressed. Hopefully we maintain a clean bill of health. 

Duno about that. If I had the choice right now between Celtic and Stirling Albion I know who I would want to be playing.