Scottish Cup Final v Celtic (Hampden) 19/05/18 15:00

something else

Fucking hate those Accies cnts. Hope they go bust. An easy win. Sounds like Main and Cifti played quite good. Disappointing if Aldred pulled hamstring.

I never understand people who want teams they hate to go bust.

Do you just want to play teams you like? Where's the fun in that? Much more satisfying beating Accies in the cup.

• Like 1

A wins a win and we're in the next round but it wasn't exactly a brave new dawn.

We deserved to win the match, Accies were rotten, but the standard of fare wasn't great, we've failed to score in open play against poor opposition and Carson has had to pull off some good saves, including a really great one right after our second goal.

Lots of scope for improvement. Our best player by a mile was Craig Tanner for about the fifth match in a row.

New players, can't really say much about Aldred as he went off injured, Main looked like your bog standard lower English league target man, Ciftci had some nice touches, including the one that more or less won the penalty but he looks pretty far off the pace in terms of fitness.

Next match is huge, unfortunately it's a midweek. Annoying to miss such a crucial match.

I thought that was very encouraging, were back to a high tempo pressing game and the break probably came at the right time. Very impressed with Aldred and Main with Ciftci so so. Tanner was first class and for all the stick Rose takes very good also.Accies were never on it.

Carson has had to pull off some good saves, including a really great one right after our second goal.

Lots of scope for improvement. Our best player by a mile was Craig Tanner for about the fifth match in a row.

Carson's save was one for the cameras, had it gone then I'd have been seriously unimpressed.

Agree about Tanner. Think the only tiny criticism I would have is that occasionally holds on to the ball a second too long at times. Still think he's our key attacking player at the moment...

Fucking hate those Accies cnts. Hope they go bust. An easy win. Sounds like Main and Cifti played quite good. Disappointing if Aldred pulled hamstring.

They are a feckin horrible team to watch going down at every contact, always in the refs face, and trying to break the game up at every opportunity, and more than their fair share of obnoxious wee fuds like Imrie and McKinnon.

• Like 2

Is there any way you can get the commentary again? Sounds like it's worth a listen!

Mixlr doesn't archive broadcasts as far as I know. However, I have seen the official twitter feed use the Mixlr commentary when they show the "from another angle" goals, so maybe the club keeps the recordings.

Deserved win without really playing anywhere near our best.

2 new strikers look good. Cifti has some great touches and Main looks like he will cause loads of problems for defences.

Tanner made up for a poor first performance by his standards and was brilliant in second half.

Good to see McHugh back to his best, thought he was brilliant today.

Dunne, Tait, Campbell and Rose all worthy of a mention as well.

Bring on the draw.

Very comfortable.

Can someone check if Carson has hypothermia?

I can't remember the Accies goalkeeper making any saves (although stats on BBC have us down as having 4 shots on target which may include the two goals) whereas Carson had a few great saves in the first half.

Delighted with what turned out to be a comfortable win but I felt we were a bit fortunate to be two up at half time.

Ciftci had some wonderful touches and showed a lot of promise for when his fitness levels catch up.

This is not a criticism of Carson but I can't honestly remember these great saves he made. Any saves I saw him make today were saves I'd expect him to make and I suspect he'd be disappointed himself if he didn't make...

The one on one he saved with his chest is the first one that springs to mind

I can't remember the Accies goalkeeper making any saves (although stats on BBC have us down as having 4 shots on target which may include the two goals) whereas Carson had a few great saves in the first half.

Delighted with what turned out to be a comfortable win but I felt we were a bit fortunate to be two up at half time.

Ciftci had some wonderful touches and showed a lot of promise for when his fitness levels catch up.

Tanner at the end, Fisher after Tanner's back heel, Ciftci shot from outside the box,Dunne's header at the corner, McHugh hit the bar too.
  • Like 1

This is not a criticism of Carson but I can't honestly remember these great saves he made. Any saves I saw him make today were saves I'd expect him to make and I suspect he'd be disappointed himself if he didn't make...

I can totally relate to that! Its a measure of how superb he has been for us that saves we merely now expect as the norm from Carson, would be a fantastic save for most other keepers

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Cup Semi Final V Aberdeen(Hampden) 14/04/18 12:15
  • Yabba's Turd featured this topic