Cup Final Strip

Lenin the Parakeet

1 hour ago, underboyleheating said:

Hib’s are a bigger concern and yes individual contract terms will decide on what level of service a team gets. I think Provan Sports are still our kit design middle men (or has that changed?), whereas the likes of Hibernian will deal with Macron directly. I suspect that’s why Leanne Dempster was pictured outside Macrons Italian head office last year after finalising next seasons Hibernian kit.  

Lets be honest Motherwell will never be first in line for bespoke C&A training wear from any kit supplier. Consequently, I suspect the conversation with the Macron rep will have went something like this... “You can have any colour you want as long as it’s not bespoke” That usually means black, grey or blue. However, in the past we have had C&A training kit from the likes of Patrick, Umbro, Admiral etc... who have all provided this service. I do accept times have changed, however, as a kit fan I still get romantic over every last detail and that includes training kit.

Will bespoke training wear make us play any better? No.
Will it make us look smarter in the pre season squad pic and warm ups? I think yes.  
Does anyone care apart from me? Probably a very, very small few. 

Although I was heartened to hear our new media man cite the importance of consistency of our corporate colours throughout all our branding in the recent podcast. I can only dream that this will extend to training wear. 

Joma who supply Dunfermline's kit do some smart training wear in their club colours.

Reminds me of some of the training gear that matchwinner done in the late 80's. 

cbpa4128_1.jpg

55 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

I didn't realise PSL had an agreement with Hib's. Do they run the club shop?

Yeah, they signed a deal last year to take over from Just Sports who do the Nike strips and dodgy Avec training gear. 

12 hours ago, something else said:

Can you mock up the dunfermline tracky top in claret with amber/white?

I have to admit I’m not a fan of the Joma stuff. Their dated ‘J’ logo and confusing branding irks me. Although to be fair, smaller concerns will usually provide a more bespoke service for their clients and that has to be commended. When I get some time I will mock up a Joma C&A track top.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2018 at 9:16 AM, sbcmfc said:

QOS-CENTENARY%20KITS%20X-FRAME.jpg

The away is the colours of  the 5th King's Own Scottish Borderers. They had the same strip as Bradford City and ourselves (we copied Bradford). I wanted a similar strip as an away or third kit when Puma were our supplier. I still live in hope that PSL and Macron might produce something similar.
2vbu2z7.jpg

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, David said:

That's a beauty. Even with a solid bar that accommodates the sponsor it would still be a fantastic choice.

Every strip we have should always have a sponsor free option, people buy the tops in support of the team, or a s fashion item if they like the style, they don't want it ruined and have to walk about as an unpaid advertiser for some random company or product.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Every strip we have should always have a sponsor free option, people buy the tops in support of the team, or a s fashion item if they like the style, they don't want it ruined and have to walk about as an unpaid advertiser for some random company or product.

Absolutely. Funnily enough, the shirts I've bought over the past 10 years or so have been the ones available without a sponsor (including that retro one that was available for a while)

Why is the tops on these types of threads are invariably better than what we end up with. Even those where we have mocked up a Macron template. UBH white kits above would have me literally drooling. The Adidas one is epic but the one above would do the trick nicely. Here’s hoping....

• Like 1