Cup Final Strip

Lenin the Parakeet

6 minutes ago, Al B said:

Not too sure about that to be fair. Aside from TV stuff, in the case of Man United or Real Madrid etc, you'd be asking the sponsor to accept losing hundreds of thousands (maybe millions?) of walking adverts all over the globe, and the only way they would consider doing that is if the club is willing to accept a massive drop in money.

I don't think it will mean the end of shirt logos. I think it could mean there will be both options.

I'd guess a majority of shirt buyers are younger people who want the exact same one as the players - logo and all, so those will never disappear. 

The Man Us of this world play to different sponsorship rules (although I'm sure they'd be delighted to offer different sponsors a space on their collar, and sleeve and shorts every week for large fee), but I'm sure they would find a way to monetize it too.

From 'Flow on twitter

Sadly we won’t make it in time for Saturday, Jim. To be fair, Alan P at the Well Shop and Macron have things in place, but we’re still finalising details of the 2018/19 sponsor, so it’s going to take a little longer, I am afraid...

Slightly disappointing that the club have seemingly missed out on a big opportunity to shift a few extra shirts

55 minutes ago, scoojy said:

From 'Flow on twitter

Slightly disappointing that the club have seemingly missed out on a big opportunity to shift a few extra shirts

Was just thinking the same, I know I was going to break my “no football tops over 30” rule if it meant getting one with the cup final writing on it. Never mind, always next year! 

Still hopeful that my boy will have his before going on holiday this year.

We're away a couple of weeks later than usual this year, and it seems it might be getting released earlier than usual. So between the two I'm hoping he'll have it.

16 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

I tried that  in 2013, you would have thought I had killed every fans first born. :ph34r: 
No but seriously I hope our current 1980’s badge gets smartened up, however, I can’t see it happening.

ih63ki.jpg

New scarves in shop that can’t be put on display yet to change of design :-p allegedly 

Just now, underboyleheating said:

I tried that  in 2013, you would have thought I had killed every fans first born. :ph34r: 
No but seriously I hope our current 1980’s badge gets smartened up, however, I can’t see it happening.

ih63ki.jpg

That's awful.

Nothing wrong with our badge. 

15 minutes ago, something else said:

That's awful.

Nothing wrong with our badge. 

Its not awful, but its kind of like your bird getting a dodgy hairdo...

You want to like it, but you just preferred it the way it was.

54 minutes ago, jim64 said:

change of design :-p allegedly 

I can but pray. I don’t want it to be too radical, just a decent modernisation of our current club badge. We need to remember it was originally designed/drawn in the early 1980s. Motherwell are a forward looking club and that should be reflected in our club badge.

I would find a change of badge odd on a couple of levels.

For one thing I would think it might warrant some consultation, perhaps a selection process that involved supporters or at the very least some advance notice. Secondly it doesn't seem that long ago that Flow was going on about ensuring the "correct" Motherwell badge was been used consistently across our "brand" something he acknowledged hadn't been properly adhered to both inside and outside the club (you might have noticed that the banners NLC have put up for example don't have a white ball).

But you never know I suppose.

55 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Replace the steelworks with a sports centre and a Nandos?

You’ve nailed it. :biggrin: 

For what it’s worth I don’t believe we are changing it anyway. The current badge is on too many things around the stadium and to change that would cost money that frankly we don’t have.

For my two cents, I cant put my finger on it but the crest looks a bit cartoony, I think the Craig towers are sweet, and the trees actually look like trees. Don't like the font.

It would be a step in the right direction if we decided to go down the simplification route and I can think of nobody better than UBH to step up.

I personally don't like the stripping down of badges, West Ham (done to get "London" on it), Arsenal (done for copyright reasons), etc. It seems a trend that many commercial departments wish to pursue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...