Scottish Premiership Game 35:Dundee (H) 28/04/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

My first league win since the 14th October so I'm not going to complain too much but it was the sort of game you win off of the oppositions inabilities rather than your own good play.

Dundee created and missed so many chances it was unreal, yet couldn't defend a couple of high balls into the box.

Middle to front there wasn't a lot going on, our forwards didn't really feature in the match and we got our goals from loading the box.  Still nice to see Kipre get his first goal.

Overall the suspect a better team would have scored a few of the chances Dundee created but a wins a win.

Another poor game but there was at least enough incidents to make it entertaining. Our long ball football is bad enough normally but Main was clearly holding back today which made it even worse. Moussa getting injured trying to half Tait in the first minute was amusing, could have been red though. Fuck knows what Bowman was doing when he got injured, it looked like he was trying some sort of UFC takedown on the Dundee defender's knee and the guy studded him.

James Scott got a baptism of fire fighting for long balls against big defenders but he looked decent when he got the ball into feet. McHugh was outstanding in the last 20 minutes winning a daft amount of challenges and headers. The funniest bit of a comical game was the Dundee boy trying to knock the ball by Dunne in the box, you would think players would have realised they can't run by Charles by now.

Good result today,  wasn't classic stuff but really pleased with the victory. I thought we controlled things for the most part until Campbell came off, we seemed to change the shape and it didn't suit us. Buzzing for Kipre to get his first goal, thought him and Charles Dunne were class. Encouraged by the young boy up front, hold up play was good for the most part. Hopefully Bowman is okay looked like he got a sore one. Let's keep the momentum going until the final.

Neil McCann truly is a wee prick, everytime he loses he seems to be involved in some sort of drama. McGowan the same as he did at dens park in the last game spat the dummy out

27 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

My first league win since the 14th October so I'm not going to complain too much but it was the sort of game you win off of the oppositions inabilities rather than your own good play.

Dundee created and missed so many chances it was unreal, yet couldn't defend a couple of high balls into the box.

Middle to front there wasn't a lot going on, our forwards didn't really feature in the match and we got our goals from loading the box.  Still nice to see Kipre get his first goal.

Overall the suspect a better team would have scored a few of the chances Dundee created but a wins a win.

Dundee seem to have been doing that for most of the season. Creating and missing loads of chances and giving up goals at the back.

From the BBC  WEBSITE

GOAL - Motherwell 2-1 Dundee (Kipre)

Motherwell have turned this game around, and it's Cedric Kipre, the big French defender arriving at the back post who provides the killer touch. Kipre glances his header down and beyond Trevor Carson from six yards out.

Very much enjoyed that today.

Bowman was playing well I thought, so it was a shame to lose him early. Could have and should have had one before he got the goal.

Good freekick from Cadds and good header from Kipre for the second.

Couple of other chances but nothing clearcut.

Wasn't really concerned about Dundee until we made the Campbell change and then shifted things about with Tait switching to the right. We left so much space down the left at that point and it seemed Grimmy/Bigi/McHugh were not doing what the manager wanted as he was going nuts at for a good while at them

Good to see Scott get nearly a full game. More of that and he could become a decent option in time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well I though that was a very entertaining game with our usual high tempo and plenty of chances. Not sure any one player really stood out but I think Grimshaw is getting better and better and Dunn has really developed over the last few months, I was never a fan. We certainly missed Bowman when he went off and Main is certainly more effective when he’s playing alongside him. Shame the standard of Scottish refs never seems to improve though. 

1 hour ago, Bigwellfan said:

Haha. Not Carson, heaven forbid an own goal. Parish in goal for Dundee.

From the BBC  WEBSITE

GOAL - Motherwell 2-1 Dundee (Kipre)

Motherwell have turned this game around, and it's Cedric Kipre, the big French defender arriving at the back post who provides the killer touch. Kipre glances his header down and beyond Trevor Carson from six yards out.

Actually really enjoyed that today.

Done well to hit back so soon after conceding. We started well in the second half and totally deserved the points even though it was a nervy finish.

Thought Grimshaw was superb for the first hour and Dunne just strolls through games these days.

Gonnae be living on nerves for the last 3 games the way our players are diving into tackles. We will have half a team out of the final at this rate. 

Unbelievable noise when big Kipre scored the winner. 

Ref was shocking as usual and the Dundee player Kerr should have been carded for the tackle on Grimshaw that saw him get hurt.

McGowan is a total fud for his behaviour at the end.

I thought the last thirty seconds were hilarious, McGowan twisting and turning in his own half while Bigi (hopefully telling him what a dick he is) was stopping him turn  towards the half way line, then, when the full time whistle went, he threw a tantrum before being dragged away by the bastion of rational behaviour that is Neil McCann.:biggrin:

• Like 1

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 35:Dundee (H) 28/04/18 15:00