Scottish Young Player of the year

Bigwellfan

4 minutes ago, Bigwellfan said:

Having seen the nominations, I can only think they were picked by Craig Thomson

Hardly surprising the main criteria seems to be 1-are you a current Celtic player, 2- is your name Tierney, if yes to both congratulations you have won

How Campbells name isnt mentioned is unbelievable...

...Kipre has had a bit of bad press at times this season, the odd mistake or red card so can understand that a bit more...but then you see a wee guy at St Mirren on loan from Celtic and you wonder what the fuck goes through peoples minds when they are voting on these things 

Just now, gdalli10 said:

It’s voted for by players from all four divisions so I’m not sure who you’re venting your frustration at?

How can a player at Arbroath, Elgin or Stranraer form an opinion on the qualities of someone like Lewis Morgan? They dont see him live, they dont see him on the TV...they read about him in the papers though

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Most.

I think it's fair to say that he wouldn't be getting many votes from us, Ross County, Rangers, Hearts and probably Killie.

When Brown won in 2008-9, he must have got his votes from more than Celtic players.

Just now, steelboy said:

Just now, steelboy said:

Most.

I think it's fair to say that he wouldn't be getting many votes from us, Ross County, Rangers, Hearts and probably Killie.

Im pretty sure the celtic fans who play for ross county, rangers, hearts and killie would have voted for Brown. 

This won't go down well but here goes.

I don't think any of our players should be up for an award this season and barring Scott Mckenna in the under 21s, the reality is who has actually had a better season? There are comments about Tierney, who is one of the best hopes this country has in a defence back line for donkeys years.  I didn't know Morelos was only 21, Caixinha obviously had him delivering the big Sunday Mexican times up the hill over a few years.

But really c'mon I am one the most fervant Motherwell fans, but the reality is that there is a good chance we will finish eighth in the league.  There are many arguments for many players who have done more this season than even the guys mentioned. The only hope was at the younger level.

I've done it now I'll check the responses in the morning!

• Like 1

Tend to generally agree although I thought Campbell might have been in with a good chance. However this is voted for by the players and those at bigger clubs get much more exposure. It's hardly surprising they get more votes as players who aren't in the same division will only see them in highlights or, more likely, televised games. That doesn't explain Morgan though although he does appear to have been the standout player in the  Championship so could have picked up a lot of the votes from there.

My assumption is that the voting has already taken place so there is already a winner, the names quoted today are those finishing in the top four places.  It is not as if the PFA has said you can only vote for these four players.  It may be that Carson was 5th for POTY and Campbell was 5th for YPOTY. If that was the case then we would all be happy, wouldn’t we?

8 hours ago, Yassin said:

Morgan is 21, has scored 18 goals from midfield and been the best player in the Championship by all accounts. I think a nomination is fair enough. 

Moot point I know, but, in the worst championship for years? Deary me, watch that incredible progress a year from now...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Moot point I know, but, in the worst championship for years? Deary me, watch that incredible progress a year from now...

A good point.  Its not just how well individual players have performed over a season but what standard of opponents they have faced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

In a nutshell...

...I'm not sure how the vote is carried out, and who is entitled to a vote, but a player that is playing at a poor level shouldn't be ahead of a younger player who is playing at a higher level.

I hope Morgan is as good as the St Mirren fans believe he is, but at 21, hes never played a single minute of top level football.

St. Mirren did play Aberdeen in the cup but that didn't go too well for them. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Morgan stays at Celtic and Jack Ross goes down south over the summer and St. Mirren are found out as guff next season. But that's a whole different discussion......