Scottish Premiership Game 36:St Johnstone (H) 05/05/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

See, I understand the need to rest players if they're carrying injuries and I obviously can't see the formation we're playing, but fucking with the teams shape and line up in 'meaningless games' up to the final will only result in a team who have 'lost their last x' games appearing at Hampden.

McCall did this to us, and went into the final with a crap untested formation and a team destined to lose.

Decent game up until they scored, conceded from there 1st shot on target, scored from the rebound on there 2nd and again. 

Reminiscent of earlier in the season when we folded at times.

8 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

See, I understand the need to rest players if they're carrying injuries and I obviously can't see the formation we're playing, but fucking with the teams shape and line up in 'meaningless games' up to the final will only result in a team who have 'lost their last x' games appearing at Hampden.

McCall did this to us, and went into the final with a crap untested formation and a team destined to lose.

I agree with that but Robinson is “damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t” by playing the strongest team every game in the lead up.  Especially as we have 3 games in a week and are also safe.

3rd time we’ve been 3-0 down at ht this season and bizarrely none of those games have been v the better sides.

To be honest the score line flatters St.Johnstone a bit but we've come out in the run up to a final and played at pre-season pace and that's really disappointing. Very, very low intensity match until the visitors scored. They went up a few gears we didn't. We have absolutely nothing middle to front and Ciftci is basically a waste of space and a midfield of Grimshaw, McHugh and Campbell isn't a go-er I'm afraid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, milo said:

I agree with that but Robinson is “damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t” by playing the strongest team every game in the lead up.  Especially as we have 3 games in a week and are also safe.

Agreed......it's a tightrope Spud....

2 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

As much as you want the team to win it's a meaningless game, a few players rested so the result does not matter  we will still finish 7th, only game that matters now is 2 weeks today

Agreed, but going into the final off the back of three defeats on the bounce won't help either.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 36:St Johnstone (H) 05/05/18 15:00