Scottish Premiership Game 37:Partick Thistle (A) 08/05/18 19:45

Yabba's Turd

I got offered my mates season book for this one, he’s a Thistle fan and can’t make it. I have politely declined for if we take another thumping like Saturday I wouldn’t know what to do. Personally I hope Thistle stay up and if we had won on Saturday I could have accepted a narrow defeat in this one, however, I think we need to get ourselves back on track leading up to the final.

I'd be tempted to rest one or two regulars for this one, but carefully this time .  Maybe  giving the likes of MacLean, Bigi, Turnbull or dare I mention him, Hendrie a wee bit of game time.

This game has all the potential to be a bloodbath unfortunately.    

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'd be tempted to rest one or two regulars for this one, but carefully this time .  Maybe  giving the likes of MacLean, Bigi, Turnbull or dare I mention him, Hendrie a wee bit of game time.

So has Saturday if both ourselves and Hamilton lose midweek. If we can get through these games without an injury whether in 7th or 8th it is job done. That said we will not want to lose the next 2 or even 1 games heading into a final. 

I will head along tomorrow as I am through west anyway.  I am not sure who he can rest without risking another defeat and disjointed performance as Saturday. 

I think it best play strongest side and only rest players who are carrying knocks. However if we win tomorrow and Hamilton win then Saturday should be less of a battle -he says optimistically. 

25 minutes ago, real dosser said:

Does Scott not have a broken toe ?? I'm sure it was said he wouldn't play again this season.

his toe is broke he was sitting in front of us in the stand on sat with a moon boot on , big cedric stood on him in training ooooccchhh 

43 minutes ago, real dosser said:

Does Scott not have a broken toe ?? I'm sure it was said he wouldn't play again this season.

A few days ago, Robinson said the expectation was he'd be out for about 10 days or so, and didn't know if he'd be available for the final.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Absolute nonsense if you are suggesting the above players would be 'careul' selections by comparison to Saturday picks Ciftci and Elliott Frear; who were considered starters at a point this season by Robinson until they got injured!

A bloodbath? Partick v Motherwell??? 

You have some clever and well thought out posts normally, but other times you come way a lot of clichés that just don't make sense!

2 hours ago, fergi4 said:

Absolute nonsense if you are suggesting the above players would be 'careul' selections by comparison to Saturday picks Ciftci and Elliott Frear; who were considered starters at a point this season by Robinson until they got injured!

A bloodbath? Partick v Motherwell??? 

You have some clever and well thought out posts normally, but other times you come way a lot of clichés that just don't make sense!

When I commented about "more careful" selections  I was thinking specifically about bringing in Barry Maguire to the central defence at the same time as resting Tait and Kipre completely ie not even having the latter on the bench.  I was not thinking about Ciftci and Frear.  A more cautious approach would have been to leave Tait at right wing back and have Kipre as back up on the bench.  I'm not against bringing in young players by the way. For tomorrow evening a more cautious approach might be to give say Bigi or  MacLean  a start with another getting say 45 minutes.  Turnbull could get say 15 minutes depending on how things were going.  As a safety net, the likes of McHugh, Campbell or Grimshaw ie whichever one was rested, could be given a seat on the bench.  

As far as the bloodbath comment goes, Partick in their games against us have been a pretty "robust" side who took no prisoners at all (ok there are no soft sides in the Premiership).  They are now engaged in a desperate do or die relegation fight; will be fired up and in their 3 post split fixtures so far have picked up 9 yellow cards. So as far as that comment goes I simply joined up the dots. 

Play strongest team from start. Get the game won. Then rest players if we are able. We need the money for 7th place. If we win tonight and Accies beat Saints then Sat might not mean anything.

Football is such a precarious profession that every game should be played as if it were your last. Pick the best players to do the best job for the game immediately facing you. Pick a squad to offer you options and flexibility. Give each game the best you have. So let’s give Partick some welly!!! COYW...

• Like 1

Tait not in the squad again. Not a critiscm, just an observation. Wonder if he’s injured and/or carrying a knock?

I have no strong opinion on whether we should play the strongest team leading up to the final. It could go either way. Whether Robinson picks the strongest team or not in the next 2 games will no doubt be used against him if we lose the final.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Scottish Premiership Game 37:Partick Thistle (A) 08/05/18 19:45