Scottish Premiership Game 38 :Hamilton Accies (H) 12/05/18 14:15

Yabba's Turd

38 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Actually played much better football without heid the baws up front. Beautiful back heel flick from Ciftci will live long in the memory.

Would be delighted if that is the approach we take next season (although I doubt it will be the case).

I know Ciftci has taken some stick, but that's been in part due to the style we play and that he needs someone with a footballing brain to play beside. Bowman and Main don't offer that. Tanner did to some extent.

Glorious day, played good football on the grass, bunch of youth players came through with aplomb, saw some magic skill and we cuffed our local rivals.  What's not to like?

I just hope guys like McLean, Turnbull, Maguire, Brown etc become the focus for next season.

• Like 3

Looks like a good afternoon:

1) Secured 7th place (£££)

2) Beating rival club comfortably

3) Game time for some  youth players (or If we are lucky, future stars!)

4) Resting many players for cup final

5) No injuries

6) Winning is always a confidence booster

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hmlarsson said:

5) No injuries

Also missed our 20th clean sheet of the season a club record I guess for the new Premiership ?

Fair enjoyed that today. The sun shone and we humped the wee team from across the river. 

I will be honest when I saw the line up I did expect the worst with so many 1st team regulars missing. What do I know........

• Like 2

Maclean and Maguire have been good. Ciftci scored and did a nice flick but has been generally dire. Frear has been terrible and is running about with long sleeves and a vest.....
Thought MacLean was grim today. Very impressed with Maguire today though. Strolled it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One of the best (or most enjoyable) performances of the season with a patchwork squad. I wonder how much Accies being shite was part of that, however it was great to see the youngsters come in and look solid. Turnbull looked excellent and has some delivery on him and Liam Brown looked energetic. 

Grimshaw was absolutely fantastic and needs to start next week. 

5) No injuries

All of this. Hoorah.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, superward said:

Thought MacLean was grim today. Very impressed with Maguire today though. Strolled it.

Really? He rolled a great ball across the goal line, almost scored with the header at the first and made the overlap for the second. I thought he looked sharp throughout.

• Like 2

Best we’ve played v Accies for a long time and it was totally unexpected. Much as they were total cack, there were plenty of good performances to enjoy. Good to have the Grimmy back that we all took to first time around - he was class again today. Young lads coming in were mostly good with Maguire the pick of the bunch IMHO. Nice touch by Robbo at the end addressing the fans. Really buzzing about next week now 

Really? He rolled a great ball across the goal line, almost scored with the header at the first and made the overlap for the second. I thought he looked sharp throughout.
Ah, to be fair I wasn't the other end so I didn't know it was him at the first one! Just thought he was very wasteful and seemed to get us ball stuck in his feet a lot.

Dead rubber and all that but that was a competent performance throughout by all.

ciftci will always have his doubters due to his languid style of play but he was excellent today, second half in particular.  Was unlucky with the 25 yard shot that rattled the bar to deny him a deserved hattrick 

Maguire Maclean and Turnbull all did well as did brown on his cameo

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Grimmy was the one getting the ball stuck in his feet.

He really wasnt. He had a great game. If fit he should be a certain starter next week. On that form we have someone who could dominate Scott Brown.

Really enjoyed that today.

Very comfortable performance. Thought the intensity from Aldred and Grimshaw set the tone for the game. Both were excellent.

Both Maguire and Turnbull put in creditable performances and showed enough to think they can feature next season.

Ciftci was much improved as a lone striker. Took his goals well and was very unlucky not to get his hatctrick with a fsntastic effort off the crossbar.

Secured 7th (and the £60k that goes with it)

Got the clean sheet record.

Really looking forward to next week now!

20 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

He really wasnt. He had a great game. If fit he should be a certain starter next week. On that form we have someone who could dominate Scott Brown.

He played very well but there were two times when he was wide right he pretty much tripped over the ball. One first half, one near the end.

On resent form grimshaw should be one of the first names in the team sheet ... fantastic to see the younger ones get a start ...... bring on nxt week let’s get in to them ...... cedrics revenge COYW 

I don't think I could have hoped for better in all honesty. 

I shared the hesitancy some have written of when seeing the team but my concerns were ill founded and, but for a wee iffy start to the second half apart, it was a leisurely and enjoyable afternoon.

It certainly made a difference that we still had next week to keep us motivated but Accies looked like they'd down tools and gave, what was an unexpectedly reasonable support for them, absolutely nothing. But then I think a fair amount of that was down to what we were doing. For example I can think of a few occasions where they pressed back so far they had to resort to giving the ball back to their keeper to start again.

Was pleased to see Cifti get a goal, albeit it was as easy a finish as he could dream of.  His second was altogether more tricky and for once the close control that can often see him land on his arse having lost the ball, was perfect and he tucked away the ball with aplomb.  A real shame he couldn't get the third to get his hat-trick.  Nice also to see Aldred get on the scoresheet - another new goalscorer for us in a season where so many have chipped in.

I can't remember where I read it or heard it during the week the statement was made about us having the lowest average starting age in the top flight this season and that average might well have been nudged a little lower again today.  Turnbull once more looked assured in midfield, Maguire was pretty dominant at times and impressed by showing his versatility in a couple of different defensive systems.  Chucky wasn't bad either and latterly it was good to see another off the conveyor belt in Liam Brown.

Again as already stated a day of lots of positive with the clean sheet, no new injuries and giving a few youngsters some game time.  The "lap of honour" was toned just right following the game too.  A good degree of mutual appreciation with a sense of some work still to be done and the celebrations not too over the score.

We certainly rounded off the league campaign in good style.  Now, to Hampden...

• Like 2